The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

BBQ San Diego Area

strongy78

• Total Posts: 64
BBQ San Diego Area Sat, 12/22/12 4:37 PM (permalink)
They recently opened a Phils right down the street from my house.  Phils is technically not "real" BBQ, more like grilled meats slathered in sauce.  Its tasty as hell though.  Everything I have had from there has been awesome.  I even eat their cole slaw and I eat cole slaw from nowhere else......its that good.  Here is a picture of my meal today.  Its a Broham Sandwich- Pulled pork- (slaw on the side instead of on top) and a large order of fries.  Its an insane amount of food and their fries are fresh cut and absolutely delicious.  Their El Toro sandwich (thinly sliced tri tip) has received praise/awards on Man Vs Food etc.  Dont have a picture of that one handy but it too is delicious.  Anyone else been?  Thoughts?

We had our company holiday party yesterday and my boss ordered us some Famous Daves from up in Vista (North County San Diego).  It sure was good.  I've never had Famous Daves before but it was mighty fine for a chain BBQ place.  I must have ate about 8 pork spareribs, 2 brisket sandwiches and 3 scoops of beans.  The ribs were smoked well, tender yet gave some pull off the bone.  The brisket was moist and delicious and the beans had huge chunks of meat in them.  I was very impressed and will actually take a drive up there one of these days to eat it in the restaurant.  Their sauce isn't my favorite and thats the only knock on them.  The meats themselves were legit and were very very good.  The picture came out a tad blurry....sorry ;-)

mar52

• Total Posts: 7596
    Re:BBQ San Diego Area Sat, 12/22/12 6:29 PM (permalink)
    Outstanding.  Good to hear about new places and that place looks tasty.

mr chips

• Total Posts: 4715
      Re:BBQ San Diego Area Sat, 12/22/12 6:33 PM (permalink)
      Great photos. It is a pleasure to have u on site. I ate pretty good barbecue barbecue at a place on Newport Avenue in Ocean Beach called the Bar B Q Place which was in a former movie theater and was once reviewed on either the website or the Sterns's books.

iluvcfood

• Total Posts: 395
        Re:BBQ San Diego Area Sat, 12/22/12 7:50 PM (permalink)
        That Famous Daves is about 3 minutes from us and altho its good Phils puts it to shame!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
          • Locked w/ New Messages
          • Locked w/o New Messages
          • Read Message
          • Post New Thread
          • Reply to message
          • Post New Poll
          • Submit Vote
          • Post reward post
          • Delete my own posts
          • Delete my own threads
          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com