The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Personal Drinking and Driving Experience

mar52

• Total Posts: 7595
Personal Drinking and Driving Experience Thu, 12/27/12 8:54 PM (permalink)
With the New Year's Eve Holiday upon us I would like to share a personal experience with my friends and family about drinking and driving.

As you may know, some of us have been known to have brushes with the authorities from time to time on the way home after a "social session" out with friends. Well, two days ago I was out for an evening with friends and had several cocktails followed by some rather nice red wine. Feeling jolly I still had the sense to know that I may be slightly over the limit. That's when I did something that I've never done before - I took a cab home.

Sure enough on the way home there was a police road block but since it was a cab they waved it past. I arrived home safely without incident. This was a real surprise as I had never driven a cab before, I don't know where I got it and now that it's in my garage I don't know what to do with it.

fabulousoyster

• Total Posts: 1855
    Re:Personal Drinking and Driving Experience Thu, 12/27/12 9:19 PM (permalink)
    No, you were lucky.
    <message edited by fabulousoyster on Thu, 12/27/12 9:20 PM>

CCinNJ

• Total Posts: 7743
      Re:Personal Drinking and Driving Experience Thu, 12/27/12 9:22 PM (permalink)
      Amen and God forbid.

MacTAC

• Total Posts: 425
        Re:Personal Drinking and Driving Experience Thu, 12/27/12 9:28 PM (permalink)
        mar52

I arrived home safely without incident. This was a real surprise as I had never driven a cab before, I don't know where I got it and now that it's in my garage I don't know what to do with it.
        Pick up some fares and defray some of your holiday spending ;-)

joerogo

• Total Posts: 4463
          Re:Personal Drinking and Driving Experience Thu, 12/27/12 10:22 PM (permalink)
          Hey mar52, I'll be shopping for taxi decals for my car tomorrow.  Glad to know it works!

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9543
            Re:Personal Drinking and Driving Experience Thu, 12/27/12 11:20 PM (permalink)
            I never text messages while driving----It interferes with my drinking!!

easydoesit

• Total Posts: 470
              Re:Personal Drinking and Driving Experience Fri, 12/28/12 12:54 AM (permalink)
              mar52

With the New Year's Eve Holiday upon us I would like to share a personal experience with my friends and family about drinking and driving.

As you may know, some of us have been known to have brushes with the authorities from time to time on the way home after a "social session" out with friends. Well, two days ago I was out for an evening with friends and had several cocktails followed by some rather nice red wine. Feeling jolly I still had the sense to know that I may be slightly over the limit. That's when I did something that I've never done before - I took a cab home.

Sure enough on the way home there was a police road block but since it was a cab they waved it past. I arrived home safely without incident. This was a real surprise as I had never driven a cab before, I don't know where I got it and now that it's in my garage I don't know what to do with it.  

I'm going to steal that and use it elsewhere.

Sundancer7

Re:Personal Drinking and Driving Experience Fri, 12/28/12 5:54 AM (permalink)
                mar52

Mar:  That is a funny great story.

Paul E. smith
                Knoxville, TN

billyboy

• Total Posts: 2363
                  Re:Personal Drinking and Driving Experience Fri, 12/28/12 7:50 AM (permalink)
                  Classic!  I've heard it many times over the years and it never gets old.  Thanks for sharing.  Happy New Year!

chewingthefat

• Total Posts: 6093
                    Re:Personal Drinking and Driving Experience Fri, 12/28/12 12:38 PM (permalink)
                    Mar, I'll bet your glad you didn't take a Bus!

kozel

• Total Posts: 810
                      Re:Personal Drinking and Driving Experience Fri, 12/28/12 3:56 PM (permalink)
                      While taking the tour of the Jack Daniel's distillery several years ago, the tour guide asked if anyone knew the reason that Jack Daniel's comes in squarish bottles.  The reason, it prevents them from rolling around on the front seat.

mar52

• Total Posts: 7595
                        Re:Personal Drinking and Driving Experience Fri, 12/28/12 5:07 PM (permalink)
                        easydoesit, steal it!  I did.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                          • No New Messages
                          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                          • Locked w/ New Messages
                          • Locked w/o New Messages
                          • Read Message
                          • Post New Thread
                          • Reply to message
                          • Post New Poll
                          • Submit Vote
                          • Post reward post
                          • Delete my own posts
                          • Delete my own threads
                          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com