The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

BOSTON MONTHLY MEET-UP . . . FEBRUARY EDITION . . . TUESDAY the 12th

karilyn

• Total Posts: 142
BOSTON MONTHLY MEET-UP . . . FEBRUARY EDITION . . . TUESDAY the 12th Mon, 01/21/13 10:54 PM (permalink)
SECOND TUESDAY OF THE MONTH

I believe this is the plan.

I'm still "in" with Lynn but . . .  here are some ideas in Watertown.   Strip T's . . . La Casa De Pedro . . . Stellina . . . Roksana's . . . . Wild Willy's . . .  Deluxe Town Diner.

OR we could go north of the city or south of the city since Dale and Sandra won't be joining us this month.  March we're heading to the Woonsocket area.

OR  to JP, Allston, Brighton, The South End, Dorchester . . . . I guess I'm just hungry!  I need to look at my list!!!

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7386
    • Roadfood Insider
    Re:BOSTON MONTHLY MEET-UP . . . FEBRUARY EDITION . . . TUESDAY the 12th Tue, 01/22/13 8:15 AM (permalink)
    Definitely Woonsocket in March.

Sandra and I were just at the Museum of Work and Culture in Woonsocket on Saturday, a museum that celebrates the culture of the French Canadian millworkers who arrived at the turn of the century.

We discovered a hot wiener joint across the street called NY Lunch. We didn't go in since we had dinner plans later on, however according to their facebook page they're open till 8pm during the week. I checked yelp and urbanspoon- excellent reviews.I sent a photo of the exterior of the place  to Chris. Looks like something we should check out.

bethgrd

• Total Posts: 320
      Re:BOSTON MONTHLY MEET-UP . . . FEBRUARY EDITION . . . TUESDAY the 12th Tue, 01/22/13 8:23 AM (permalink)
      would like to try strip t's!

bethgrd

Re:BOSTON MONTHLY MEET-UP . . . FEBRUARY EDITION . . . TUESDAY the 12th Tue, 01/22/13 8:53 AM (permalink)
        they have fried chicken too

bethgrd

Re:BOSTON MONTHLY MEET-UP . . . FEBRUARY EDITION . . . TUESDAY the 12th Tue, 01/22/13 8:57 AM (permalink)
          how about casa de pedro for drinks and arepas at 5 and then strip t for dinner at 6???

bethgrd

Re:BOSTON MONTHLY MEET-UP . . . FEBRUARY EDITION . . . TUESDAY the 12th Tue, 01/22/13 9:30 AM (permalink)
            if everyone agrees, i will call and make a reservation for 10 people at strip ts now, cuz i think we would need to. who is in?

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
              Re:BOSTON MONTHLY MEET-UP . . . FEBRUARY EDITION . . . TUESDAY the 12th Wed, 01/23/13 10:48 AM (permalink)
              Just an FYI for March

I checked with The Bocce Club in Woonsocket and they do serve their family style chicken dinners during the week.

karilyn

Re:BOSTON MONTHLY MEET-UP . . . FEBRUARY EDITION . . . TUESDAY the 12th Wed, 01/23/13 8:40 PM (permalink)
                Woonsocket sounds like it will be fun . . . I've seen that hot dog place but I've never been with anyone willing to go in and check it out!!!  Who knew that Woonsocket had a museum??!!!  They do have a trailhead for a favorite bike trail of mine.  It's paved, off road and has great views along the Blackstone River.

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                  Re:BOSTON MONTHLY MEET-UP . . . FEBRUARY EDITION . . . TUESDAY the 12th Thu, 01/24/13 9:25 AM (permalink)
                  karilyn

Thinking ahead,

Potential Stops in Woonsocket can be:

The Bocce Club  (a definite)
                  Moonlight House of Weiners  (for dynamite sandwiches)
                  NY Lunch (for hot weiners)
                  C'est Bon (this might be interesting, a Quebecois  French Canadian Bakery with French Canadian meat pies) (they're open till 6pm)
                  Ice Cream Machine  ((In nearby Cumberland RI) right now they're on winter hours and are only open till 5pm, perhaps in March they will have extended their hours by then.

kaszeta

Re:BOSTON MONTHLY MEET-UP . . . FEBRUARY EDITION . . . TUESDAY the 12th Thu, 01/24/13 9:33 AM (permalink)
                    Hmmm.   I have to be in Boxborough on the 11th and 13th.   I might just stay down there and come down for this.   I haven't done Woonsocket since my aunt lived there.

karilyn

Re:BOSTON MONTHLY MEET-UP . . . FEBRUARY EDITION . . . TUESDAY the 12th Fri, 01/25/13 9:20 PM (permalink)
                      WJ

Great Woonsocket list so far . . . excellent choices!  My local paper advertised another Woonsocket spot.  The River Falls on Main Street . . . proudly serving MA Glockners famous berched Chicken and cinnamon rolls.  Possibly only on Sundays though.

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                        Re:BOSTON MONTHLY MEET-UP . . . FEBRUARY EDITION . . . TUESDAY the 12th Sat, 01/26/13 9:55 AM (permalink)
                        karilyn

WJ

Great Woonsocket list so far . . . excellent choices!  My local paper advertised another Woonsocket spot.  The River Falls on Main Street . . . proudly serving MA Glockners famous berched Chicken and cinnamon rolls.  Possibly only on Sundays though.

Karilyn,

I checked their menu- it's only served on Sundays 

We can always do a separate Sunday get together in the spring and check it out.

ayersian

Re:BOSTON MONTHLY MEET-UP . . . FEBRUARY EDITION . . . TUESDAY the 12th Sat, 01/26/13 2:21 PM (permalink)
                          March sounds AWESOME!  But for February, our friend Yvel & I are in for reservations; Amy has a conference then and won't be able to attend.  Thanks for the quality planning...  Chris

karilyn

Re:BOSTON MONTHLY MEET-UP . . . FEBRUARY EDITION . . . TUESDAY the 12th Sun, 01/27/13 1:09 PM (permalink)
                            Heather is a YES

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                              • No New Messages
                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                              • Read Message
                              • Post New Thread
                              • Reply to message
                              • Post New Poll
                              • Submit Vote
                              • Post reward post
                              • Delete my own posts
                              • Delete my own threads
                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com