The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Golden Chick has come to town

HollyDolly

• Total Posts: 1065
Golden Chick has come to town Tue, 01/22/13 9:08 AM (permalink)
For those in the San Antonio area,they have a new Golden chick restaurant in Live Oak next to the Regal Live Oak theatre.It used to be a krystal's Hamburgers but they pulled out.
They  have locations around the state  and such.Has anyone tried them in your area?
I saw they have catfish and roasted chicken,, as well as fried chicken and fried chicken fingers.
They have more that french fries as sides.They have mac and cheese,potato salad ;dirty rice,,corn,green beans fruit salad,,coleslaw.They also have chicken salad and tenders sandwiches and even a few salads.
I'm glad i looked at their website .At least I can get the catfish or roast chicken.Don't know why these chains think that the Converse-Universal City-Live Oak and Schertz area  is such a magnet for fried chicken.In Universal City there is Church's and Popeye's plus the local San Antonio BBQ chain Bill Miller's also sells fried chicken and chicken tenders.
If anyone has tried them,, is the chicken and fish good?

brisketboy

• Total Posts: 1056
    Re:Golden Chick has come to town Tue, 01/22/13 9:38 AM (permalink)
    We have two here in Georgetown and I have tried them. They are as good as KFC in my estimation. We go there when neither of us feel like cooking and just get a box of chicken. Their sides are ok. I like the fact that they sell chicken livers and gizzards which I am happy to share with my puppies since my wife finds them revolting.

Hepcat

• Total Posts: 374
      Re:Golden Chick has come to town Tue, 01/22/13 2:58 PM (permalink)
      HollyDolly
      For those in the San Antonio area,they have a new Golden chick restaurant in Live Oak next to the Regal Live Oak theatre.

Oh, your town! I was hoping one was opening up here in Toronto. Oh well....

Dr. L.M.

• Total Posts: 17
        Re:Golden Chick has come to town Mon, 01/28/13 1:04 AM (permalink)
        Golden Chick is better than most, but not as good as the great Church's Fried Chicken.  Their chicken is golden, brown, crunchy, and juicy.  Always cooked fresh.  And I love the krinkle-cut fries.

rneiner

• Total Posts: 87
          Re:Golden Chick has come to town Mon, 01/28/13 8:22 AM (permalink)
          HollyDolly

For those in the San Antonio area,they have a new Golden chick restaurant in Live Oak next to the Regal Live Oak theatre.It used to be a krystal's Hamburgers but they pulled out.
          They  have locations around the state  and such.Has anyone tried them in your area?
          I saw they have catfish and roasted chicken,, as well as fried chicken and fried chicken fingers.
          They have more that french fries as sides.They have mac and cheese,potato salad ;dirty rice,,corn,green beans fruit salad,,coleslaw.They also have chicken salad and tenders sandwiches and even a few salads.
          I'm glad i looked at their website .At least I can get the catfish or roast chicken.Don't know why these chains think that the Converse-Universal City-Live Oak and Schertz area  is such a magnet for fried chicken.In Universal City there is Church's and Popeye's plus the local San Antonio BBQ chain Bill Miller's also sells fried chicken and chicken tenders.
          If anyone has tried them,, is the chicken and fish good?

rneiner

• Total Posts: 87
            Re:Golden Chick has come to town Mon, 01/28/13 8:28 AM (permalink)
            church's  is the best but Golden Chick runs a  second

HollyDolly

• Total Posts: 1065
              Re:Golden Chick has come to town Tue, 01/29/13 10:11 AM (permalink)
              Thanks for the feed back.I was wondering if they were worth trying.I'm not much on gizzards,but would like to try the chicken livers.Haven't eaten liver of any kind in awhile. Can't wait to try them.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                • No New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                • Locked w/ New Messages
                • Locked w/o New Messages
                • Read Message
                • Post New Thread
                • Reply to message
                • Post New Poll
                • Submit Vote
                • Post reward post
                • Delete my own posts
                • Delete my own threads
                • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com