The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Food Truck Diagrams for Inspection

reese77

• Total Posts: 508
Food Truck Diagrams for Inspection Tue, 01/29/13 12:38 PM (permalink)
Does anyone have any of their plans/diagrams that were submitted for approval? My truck is done except for the graphics and I am trying to submit my application, diagrams etc. and would like to review some other submissions for comparison. I am using Google Sketchup, what software have you used?

Here is the first view that I sketched up so far.

chefbuba

• Total Posts: 1955
    Re:Food Truck Diagrams for Inspection Tue, 01/29/13 12:58 PM (permalink)
    That looks good. I would also include a separate drawings of your plumbing and electrical. This is similar to what my builder submitted.

reese77

Re:Food Truck Diagrams for Inspection Tue, 01/29/13 1:08 PM (permalink)
      chefbuba

That looks good. I would also include a separate drawings of your plumbing and electrical. This is similar to what my builder submitted.

I am working on that now. I figured I would do the driver side wall then serving side wall then an aerial view. I just wanted to make sure I was doing what everyone else was and making sure my diagram would be suitable to pass. Thanks.

Dr of BBQ

• Total Posts: 3716
        • Roadfood Insider
        Re:Food Truck Diagrams for Inspection Tue, 01/29/13 1:19 PM (permalink)
        That is impressive. Very impressive. It's not required here but I would like to do it for my own piece of mind. How hard is the software to learn (for an old guy) ? I want to do something similar and be able to consider several options. So that it would be easy to move equipment around etc. Before I start. That's held me up forever the indecision of  what I want and where I want it. It has been making me crazy. More crazy???? The equipment is in the garage and I can't make up my mind where to put it.

reese77

Re:Food Truck Diagrams for Inspection Tue, 01/29/13 1:45 PM (permalink)
          Dr of BBQ

That is impressive. Very impressive. It's not required here but I would like to do it for my own piece of mind. How hard is the software to learn (for an old guy) ? I want to do something similar and be able to consider several options. So that it would be easy to move equipment around etc. Before I start. That's held me up forever the indecision of  what I want and where I want it. It has been making me crazy. More crazy???? The equipment is in the garage and I can't make up my mind where to put it.

Thanks. Sketchup is easy to use and there are tons of video tutorials on youtube. Just google Sketchup 8, download and install. You can create each piece of equipment as a component versus a bunch of separate lines, that way you can move everything around. This is a 2D diagram but Sketchup is more for 3D, so everything you draw can be manipulated and molded into a 3D object.

I imported a picture of my truck, enlarged it to the scale dimensions and traced it to make an accurate diagram of my truck. The above diagram is to scale. If you are serious about creating the diagram, I can help get you started.

As for your left over equipment, put it on Ebay or Craigs list or build another truck and sell it. I already know that I will be building a bigger truck after I get up and operating for awhile.
          I went to a Food Truck seminar this weekend and it was hosted by Food Truck South who manufactures food trucks here in Atlanta. They had some nice trucks but I am never going to pay 45-75K for a new truck, I would build my own again in a heartbeat. I can buy a lake front cabin here in GA for less than that.

chefbuba

• Total Posts: 1955
            Re:Food Truck Diagrams for Inspection Tue, 01/29/13 3:04 PM (permalink)
            Anyone looking for a van, there's one at a consignment lot that I drive by every day, $3500 obo. It looks like a 16' body.

tacothecity

• Total Posts: 11
              Re:Food Truck Diagrams for Inspection Fri, 02/1/13 9:20 PM (permalink)
              Whats up Reese, I just recently got my plans approved by the HD here in San Diego, CA. I had to included a driver side, passenger side, back side, Arial view, potable water: in and out, waste water: in and out, electrical, propane, equipment specifications, and logo diagrams...it was a pain in the butt, turned out to be close to 10 pages, lol. I cant seem to attach pictures to my posts yet (or I haven't figured it out) but if you still need pic's as a reference...IM me your e mail and i can send them that way.....Best of luck!

reese77

Re:Food Truck Diagrams for Inspection Fri, 02/1/13 9:44 PM (permalink)
                tacothecity

Whats up Reese, I just recently got my plans approved by the HD here in San Diego, CA. I had to included a driver side, passenger side, back side, Arial view, potable water: in and out, waste water: in and out, electrical, propane, equipment specifications, and logo diagrams...it was a pain in the butt, turned out to be close to 10 pages, lol. I cant seem to attach pictures to my posts yet (or I haven't figured it out) but if you still need pic's as a reference...IM me your e mail and i can send them that way.....Best of luck!

Good to hear that Taco, congratulations. I sent you an IM. Thanks.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                  • No New Messages
                  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                  • Locked w/ New Messages
                  • Locked w/o New Messages
                  • Read Message
                  • Post New Thread
                  • Reply to message
                  • Post New Poll
                  • Submit Vote
                  • Post reward post
                  • Delete my own posts
                  • Delete my own threads
                  • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                  What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com