The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

chicken and waffles lays potatoe chips ?

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 57 of 57
irisarbor

• Total Posts: 602
Re:chicken and waffles lays potatoe chips ? Tue, 02/26/13 11:46 AM (permalink)
The funny thing is, when I came home one of the twins asked 
"where did the C&W chips go?"

Phildelmar

• Total Posts: 788
    Re:chicken and waffles lays potatoe chips ? Tue, 02/26/13 12:52 PM (permalink)
    They haven't reached my area yet but I'm not a fan of Lays products anyway. I usually go for Herrs or Utz

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6225
      Re:chicken and waffles lays potatoe chips ? Tue, 02/26/13 6:06 PM (permalink)
      My mother liked potato chips but went on a low sodium diet, so I would buy her Lay's low salt.  Not bad.  I'm not a chip eater, but I do occasionally like Cape Cod chips.

Phildelmar

• Total Posts: 788
        Re:chicken and waffles lays potatoe chips ? Tue, 02/26/13 8:08 PM (permalink)
        When I spend time in central PA, I can't resist Diefenbchs. Absolutely no good for me but...with a six pack of Trooegs fresh from the brewery...

ken8038

• Total Posts: 1559
          Re:chicken and waffles lays potatoe chips ? Thu, 02/28/13 3:06 PM (permalink)
          Just bought a bag of the Sriracha and a bag of the Chicken & Waffles on sale @ (I think) 2 for $5 at Shoprite in Garwood NJ, and now comes this thread. Always looking to try something new. Haven't tried them yet, maybe tonight.

According to that NY Post article (which quotes the F-L website) they are not availble within a 50 mile radius of Manhattan. Wrong, Garwood's 25 miles away and they are here.

CCinNJ

• Total Posts: 7745
            Re:chicken and waffles lays potatoe chips ? Thu, 02/28/13 6:17 PM (permalink)
            I haven't seen them here. Well then...forget the chicken & waffle chips. They can keep them.

I'm happy with my favorite Utz Salt & Pepper chips.

CCinNJ

Re:chicken and waffles lays potatoe chips ? Thu, 02/28/13 6:41 PM (permalink)
              Because not for nothin' but there were 3.8 million entries...and a finalist is cheesy garlic bread.

ken8038

• Total Posts: 1559
                Re:chicken and waffles lays potatoe chips ? Sat, 03/2/13 5:16 PM (permalink)
                Re: The Chicken and Waffle chips. They have now been tried by us. Unanimous verdict here (daughter is visiting this weekend, we are 4 again), "What were they thinking, these are awful".  The Sriracha...OK, not great.

Poverty Pete

• Total Posts: 2266
                  Re:chicken and waffles lays potatoe chips ? Sun, 03/3/13 3:27 PM (permalink)
                  I decided to take one for the team.  My hand refused my order to pick up the bag of C&W chips, but I managed to get some cheesygarlicbread chips into the cart.

They weren't inedible. 

CCinNJ

Re:chicken and waffles lays potatoe chips ? Sun, 03/3/13 3:44 PM (permalink)
                    If I could find a bag I'd put it in the street...and drive right over it.

6star

• Total Posts: 4388
                      Re:chicken and waffles lays potatoe chips ? Mon, 03/4/13 12:49 PM (permalink)
                      The Lay's Sriracha flavor was suggested by a (relatively) local boy going to school at Illinois State in Bloomington-Normal.  Here is an article about it (and him):  http://herald-review.com/news/local/spicy-sriracha-chip-has-isu-student-in-running-for-lay/article_fbf11a44-7e42-11e2-aa8c-0019bb2963f4.html

Sundancer7

Re:chicken and waffles lays potatoe chips ? Mon, 03/4/13 3:52 PM (permalink)
                        CCinNJ

If I could find a bag I'd put it in the street...and drive right over it.

Have you tried them?  If so, I can understand your feelings and if not, I would have to ask you why you would drive over them?

I have not tried them personally and quite frankly I am not sure that I would like them if I tried them but I would have to personally try them before I could bash them.

Paul E. Smith
                        Knoxville, TN

agnesrob

• Total Posts: 1790
                          Re:chicken and waffles lays potatoe chips ? Mon, 03/4/13 7:00 PM (permalink)
                          Haven't seen them around me. I do love the Chicken in a Biscuit crackers, though. Maybe a little too much!

CCinNJ

Re:chicken and waffles lays potatoe chips ? Mon, 03/4/13 7:05 PM (permalink)
                            We're in the no chip zone..Agnes.

I'll find them...eventually.

JRPfeff

• Total Posts: 2368
                              Re:chicken and waffles lays potatoe chips ? Mon, 03/4/13 9:07 PM (permalink)
                              Pie Diva bought the Cheesy Garlic Bread variety today.  Can you say Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner?  These are really, really, really good.

Louis

• Total Posts: 713
                                Re:chicken and waffles lays potatoe chips ? Mon, 03/4/13 9:25 PM (permalink)
                                I thought the cheesy garlic bread chips were good.  They needed a little zip to them.  I bought a very small bag, and I found that as I got toward the bottom of it that I was getting a little tired of the chip.  But I imagine it will be the most popular chip of the three, mainly because most people have tasted that flavor before.

I thought the Sriracha was the best flavor, mainly because it was distinctive enough to set it apart from Lay's other hot flavors.  I think the Sriracha flavor would go over better if Lay's would give it another name.  No matter where I went, those bags just sat on the shelves around here (in Kentucky), mainly because, I think, that nobody had ever seen the word before.

Was it something hot?  Or fishy?  Or mustard-tasting?  No clues were given to what Sriacha was.  I was given the impression that Lay's research department didn't do their job.  But if the company brings back the flavor with another name, I think it might do well.

<message edited by Louis on Mon, 03/4/13 9:27 PM>

chefbuba

• Total Posts: 1952
                                  Re:chicken and waffles lays potatoe chips ? Sun, 03/17/13 4:01 PM (permalink)
                                  I tried them yesterday, slight artificial maple taste at first, then the waffle taste after you have had a few.......No chicken taste that I could decern.
                                  No thanks......I'll stick to my Ruffles when I want to have a chip.

mar52

• Total Posts: 7597
                                    Re:chicken and waffles lays potatoe chips ? Sun, 03/17/13 4:42 PM (permalink)
                                    Strangely enough I have not seen one bag of any of the flavors in any of the stores I've been in... in the Los Angeles area.

I would have tried them if they bag was small enough.

But non-existent makes it impossible.

SeamusD

• Total Posts: 939
                                      Re:chicken and waffles lays potatoe chips ? Wed, 03/20/13 3:40 PM (permalink)
                                      I hear through the grapevine that they're coming out with Tapatio flavored Lays and Cheetos. A bottle of Tapatio lasts about a week in my house, I can't wait to try the chips and Cheetos.

SeamusD

• Total Posts: 939
                                        Re:chicken and waffles lays potatoe chips ? Wed, 03/20/13 4:10 PM (permalink)
                                        They made Tapatio Fritos and Doritos I guess, but I'd never heard they did and never saw any.

Does he work for Frito-Lay in any capacity? I get put in advertisements for my company all the time, and I'm no model.

wheregreggeats.com

Re:chicken and waffles lays potatoe chips ? Wed, 03/20/13 5:22 PM (permalink)
                                          How about Fish & Chips chips ???
                                          Robitussin chips ???
                                          ???

Adjudicator

• Total Posts: 5057
                                            Re:chicken and waffles lays potatoe chips ? Wed, 03/20/13 7:04 PM (permalink)
                                            Squirt some Sriracha sauce on any potato chip.  Instantly better.  No new flavor from Lay's needed.

mar52

Re:chicken and waffles lays potatoe chips ? Wed, 03/20/13 7:13 PM (permalink)
                                              I don't know too much about him but I don't think he's a model or works for Frito-Lay.

One last look in the grocery store today and they still weren't there but I did see Tapatio Doritos.

Porker Chips would be a good name, but no one would buy them.

chefbuba

• Total Posts: 1952
                                                Re:chicken and waffles lays potatoe chips ? Thu, 03/21/13 12:51 AM (permalink)
                                                Our frito guy gave us a bag of all three today, i tried the C&W the other day, they sucked, Garlic Bread sucked, Siracha wern't bad.
                                                <message edited by chefbuba on Thu, 03/21/13 12:52 AM>

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
                                                  • Location: West Allis, Wisconsin
                                                  Re:chicken and waffles lays potatoe chips ? Thu, 03/21/13 1:17 PM (permalink)
                                                  I agree, Adjudicator. My uncle taught me that years ago. Even a regular, favorite hot sauce will do.

mar52

• Location: Marina del Rey, CA
                                                    Re:chicken and waffles lays potatoe chips ? Thu, 03/21/13 2:00 PM (permalink)
                                                    Even better on pork rinds.

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
                                                      • Location: West Allis, Wisconsin
                                                      Re:chicken and waffles lays potatoe chips ? Thu, 03/21/13 2:21 PM (permalink)
                                                      Oh, yes, Mar! Even better....I like the cracklin's better. Brought home a ton from the south. Just a bit tougher with a great snap....

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                        Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 57 of 57

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                        • No New Messages
                                                        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                        • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                        • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                        • Read Message
                                                        • Post New Thread
                                                        • Reply to message
                                                        • Post New Poll
                                                        • Submit Vote
                                                        • Post reward post
                                                        • Delete my own posts
                                                        • Delete my own threads
                                                        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com