The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Breakfast spots around Pinehurst, North Carolina?

Erampu

• Total Posts: 6
Breakfast spots around Pinehurst, North Carolina? Sat, 02/23/13 2:08 PM (permalink)
[Helpful answer received] / [List Solutions Only]
We'll be heading down to the Pinehurst area in a few weeks for our annual spring golf trip.  We normally catch breakfast at one of the Mac's Breakfast Anytime places, but while they aren't bad, they're not that good, either.  We're "diner folk" and would appreciate some suggestions on alternate spots to start our mornings off.  Thanks!!

OurCoffeeTruck

• Total Posts: 53
    Re:Breakfast spots around Pinehurst, North Carolina? Sat, 02/23/13 5:53 PM (permalink)
    [This post was marked as helpful]
    Macs stinks if you ask me! And I guess because I am from the northeast where we did have 24hour diners, I have never gotten past that they aren't actually open "anytime".
    -Now that my rant is over, ;) I have to say that Linda's breakfast is fairly good. They are right behind the Caddilac dealership and across from the plumbing supply house "Hughes" by downtown Pinehurst. They are kinda hole-in-the-wall-ish but definitely good.
    -Also in southern pines there is sizzling steak or eggs. It's right across from macs on the main US 1. They have an old school feel with checkerboard floors, juke box, etc. only ate there once and my food was good. Not phenomenal, but good. Better than macs for sure!
    -also, not a "diner" in the strict sense of the word (is there a strict sense?) but a definitely great spot is Betsy's crepes in downtown southern pines. Wow what good food! It's usually always packed because of limited seating so make sure you get there early. They have really good breakfast crepes and a really good lunch menu as well. A little bit pricier, but a definite must if you're looking for some good, different food.
    -now I've also hear that the Pinehurst hotel has a phenomenal breakfast, but you'll pay for it. Haven't tried it so can't say personally.

If there are any other places I think of I'll let you know! If you need dinner or lunch places also, let me know because I go to lunch and dinner more than I do breakfast. We look forward to your spending dollars... I mean visit! Lol

Erampu

Re:Breakfast spots around Pinehurst, North Carolina? Sat, 02/23/13 7:55 PM (permalink)
      Thanks a million, O.C.T.!  We'll definitely check out Linda's, and possibly Betsy's Crepes and the Sizzling Steak or Eggs, too.  It all depends on which course we'll be playing each day.

Erampu

Re:Breakfast spots around Pinehurst, North Carolina? Sat, 02/23/13 9:17 PM (permalink)
        OurCoffeeTruck, we'd be interested in your recommendations for dinner as well.  We go to Squire's Pub every trip, but mainly chain places the other nights.  As for lunch, we eat at whatever course we're playing, and it usually consists of a tube steak (hot dog) on the run.

OurCoffeeTruck

• Total Posts: 53
          Re:Breakfast spots around Pinehurst, North Carolina? Mon, 03/11/13 11:30 PM (permalink)
          [This post was marked as helpful]
          Erampu, sorry I haven't gotten back to you in a while, been crazy busy. Anyways squires pub was one of the first on my list. Always a great choice.

Mexican- Mazatlan in aberdeen is the best in town. Good pricing too. Within the next week or two they will start serving beer. But not sure exact date. Still greAt food. Pretty much I am always in the mood for Mazatlan. It's good.

Thai- Thai orchid is very good food. A little pricier. $10-15 range plates I think. ***word of caution. They ask you if you want your food prepared with a certain number of stars. One star is mild, four is for professionals only! It gets hot very quickly. I love spicy food and sometimes I can't handle two stars.

Japanese- mt Fuji. Good food and prices. They no longer do the show while you eat. But they offer sushi now and lower menu prices.

Italian- down here you have to take what they'll give you. We aren't known for our Italian, we are known for our pulled pork BBQ. Vito's on 5 is small but good. They only take cash, but they have an ATM in there.

Ironwood on Midland rd has really good food but also pricey. More 20 - 35 range per plate. Or more.

Ashten's in southern pines is they same way as ironwood. If not more so.

If by some chance you happen to have the opportunity to eat lunch on a Thursday or Friday in southern pines. You should try out Talbert's BBQ. They are in a trailer and only open for lunch Thursday and Friday but they have the best BBQ and brisket within fifty miles. They are on the corner of Morganton and indiana next to the little coffee shop.

Hopefully the info isn't too late for you. Like I said I just haven't had the chance to even get on the computer. I'll try to think of some more for tomorrow.

Erampu

Re:Breakfast spots around Pinehurst, North Carolina? Wed, 03/13/13 3:38 PM (permalink)
            Wow, thanks!  You've been extremely helpful.  We'll be well fed.  We don't leave until April 6 from here in upstate NY, and will be there on the 7th through Thursday the 11th.  Based on your name, do you have a coffee truck in the area?

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
              • No New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
              • Locked w/ New Messages
              • Locked w/o New Messages
              • Read Message
              • Post New Thread
              • Reply to message
              • Post New Poll
              • Submit Vote
              • Post reward post
              • Delete my own posts
              • Delete my own threads
              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com