The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

The Great Food Truck Race on Food Network - Season 4 is Now Casting

Noodles on the Loose

• Total Posts: 57
The Great Food Truck Race on Food Network - Season 4 is Now Casting Thu, 02/28/13 7:21 PM (permalink)
I can tell you from personal experience... It's an opportunity of a lifetime and complete craziness. 
So if you don't have a food truck yet and dream of having one, then check this out! 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/93373014@N04/8516389899/

My team on Season 3.  :)
http://creativepantry.com/?page_id=18

<message edited by Noodles on the Loose on Thu, 02/28/13 8:55 PM>

THE WILD DOG

• Total Posts: 1465
    Re:The Great Food Truck Race on Food Network - Season 4 is Now Casting Thu, 02/28/13 11:19 PM (permalink)
    ive been in mobile food for almost 4 years.. let me just give my IMHO thoughts.. It's staged, nothing like that happens in real life. Never in all my years, have I made 1000+ on a regular day... festival sure and then some,   Good luck... We were rooting for ya too !

kennyb

• Total Posts: 374
      Re:The Great Food Truck Race on Food Network - Season 4 is Now Casting Fri, 03/1/13 7:15 PM (permalink)
      we;ve made well over 1,000+ in a day easy, many times. been in it 20+ years.
      thanks for the sign up info.

daddywoofdawg

• Total Posts: 299
        Re:The Great Food Truck Race on Food Network - Season 4 is Now Casting Sun, 03/3/13 12:43 AM (permalink)
        How do you sign up?I can't read the flickr post.

Noodles on the Loose

Re:The Great Food Truck Race on Food Network - Season 4 is Now Casting Sun, 03/3/13 9:38 AM (permalink)
          You send an email to FoodTruckRaceCasting@rrstaff.com
          Include name, age, photo, proposed teammates (and their photos), description of your culinary background, and the idea for your truck.  Send me a PM with your email address if you want me to send you the original pic that I downloaded.  It's pretty easy to read once enlarged.

And one thing that is completely accurate on the show is the money.  The numbers Tyler gives out are the actual sales profit for each weekend.

kennyb

• Total Posts: 374
            Re:The Great Food Truck Race on Food Network - Season 4 is Now Casting Sun, 03/3/13 9:56 AM (permalink)
            are you able to track them as they are traveling across country? if they were coming close by, i would go see them. eat some food.  we would sign up but it would interfear with all the events we do.

Noodles on the Loose

Re:The Great Food Truck Race on Food Network - Season 4 is Now Casting Sun, 03/3/13 11:02 AM (permalink)
              Not officially, as there is nothing to indicate that it's Food Network as the trucks travel and film, but there are fans that do track them and the word spreads mostly via twitter.

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9548
                Re:The Great Food Truck Race on Food Network - Season 4 is Now Casting Sun, 03/3/13 3:22 PM (permalink)
                So tell us more about your plans.
                Is it Momma's Grizzly Grub or Noodles on The loose or what?
                What's the menu?
                Spill the beans girl!

Tacotruckallstars

• Total Posts: 2
                  Re:The Great Food Truck Race on Food Network - Season 4 is Now Casting Sun, 03/3/13 3:27 PM (permalink)
                  The money is definitely real......I've only been doing this a short while but have plenty of six hundred dollar days....and I only park for four hours at a time....and fell like its been slow mostly....

Tacotruckallstars

• Total Posts: 2
                    Re:The Great Food Truck Race on Food Network - Season 4 is Now Casting Sun, 03/3/13 3:27 PM (permalink)
                    My friend just applied for that show, with me as a team mate......but I'm exclucded since I got a rig already.....

Noodles on the Loose

Re:The Great Food Truck Race on Food Network - Season 4 is Now Casting Mon, 03/4/13 9:42 AM (permalink)
                      Foodbme

So tell us more about your plans.
                      Is it Momma's Grizzly Grub or Noodles on The loose or what?
                      What's the menu?
                      Spill the beans girl!

My original business name is Noodles on the Loose and pasta based.  We came up with a new name for the competition which was more Alaskan.  Also realized along the way that doing pasta in a mobile format at large volumes has its challenges.  We changed our menu on the road and added hot wings and chicken tacos with scratchmade sauces and coleslaw.  After returning home, I did one of our state fairs and some weekend markets under the original name with mostly pasta.  For certain events, I will still be there as Noodles on the Loose with the same set up (aka tents) and menu as last year.  For the new truck and daily operation, it will be Momma's Grizzly Grub with a fusion taco menu: chipotle buffalo chicken & blue cheese, bbq pulled pork & slaw, local rockfish, etc.  I also have a third business, Creative Pantry, and sell homemade pepper jams, chutneys and sauces at holiday bazaars.

edited typo
                      <message edited by Noodles on the Loose on Mon, 03/4/13 9:46 AM>

KurtSara

• Total Posts: 181
                        Re:The Great Food Truck Race on Food Network - Season 4 is Now Casting Tue, 03/5/13 8:56 AM (permalink)
                        Noodles on the Loose

You send an email to FoodTruckRaceCasting@rrstaff.com
                        Include name, age, photo, proposed teammates (and their photos), description of your culinary background, and the idea for your truck.  Send me a PM with your email address if you want me to send you the original pic that I downloaded.  It's pretty easy to read once enlarged.

And one thing that is completely accurate on the show is the money.  The numbers Tyler gives out are the actual sales profit for each weekend.

I believe the profits numbers are correct, but it is tv, people are buying from you guys because they think they might be on tv, some of your prices were way to high for where I live (all the trucks, not just you).

Curb Hopper

• Total Posts: 86
                          Re:The Great Food Truck Race on Food Network - Season 4 is Now Casting Tue, 03/5/13 11:47 PM (permalink)
                          Just say I was 60 days out. Would I want to put myself out there?

Noodles on the Loose

Re:The Great Food Truck Race on Food Network - Season 4 is Now Casting Wed, 03/6/13 8:55 AM (permalink)
                            Kurt; The camera crews and the fan base definitely add to the experience.

Curb; I sent you a PM 

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                              • No New Messages
                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                              • Read Message
                              • Post New Thread
                              • Reply to message
                              • Post New Poll
                              • Submit Vote
                              • Post reward post
                              • Delete my own posts
                              • Delete my own threads
                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com