The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

The Fall Roadfood Tour

Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 31 to 60 of 120
Big_g

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Tue, 09/3/13 9:16 PM (permalink)
GREAT...I'm really looking forward to this.

joseiw

• Total Posts: 14
    Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Tue, 09/3/13 9:46 PM (permalink)
    Hmmmm.  At the risk of appearing dense, I don't find the link to the hotel reservations anywhere on line and only discovered it through this post on the forum.  I am sure I must be overlooking it, but could someone direct me to the link?  Or do we just book at the hotel directly?

Thanks.
    Joe

joseiw

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Wed, 09/4/13 1:17 PM (permalink)
      According to a computer search, SpringHill in downtown Memphis is booked up for the tour dates.  Is there a block of rooms reserved?
      Thanks.
      Joe

Michael Stern

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Wed, 09/4/13 1:38 PM (permalink)
        If you click HERE, this should take you to the Spring Hills website, with the ROADFOOD code already filled in to get you the special room rate.  There are some rooms still available, but the special deal ends September 17th, so if you are planning to go, now's the time to reserve a room.

ChiTownDiner

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Wed, 09/25/13 6:54 AM (permalink)
          21 days and counting down...

Cubs Fan

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Mon, 10/7/13 4:17 PM (permalink)
            Dear Chitowndiner:

Have you ever frequented the "Calumet Fisheries," in south Chicago? If not, please ignore this post. If you do frequently, could you take a photo of their smoked shrimp and sturgeon and email it to,

mnakashi.20740.1999@gmail.com

I need these photos to accompany a Roadfood restaurant review in which my photo was of insufficient quality for posting on the site. Since I live in Las Cruces, NM, I am unlikely to get to this place in the near future.

See you in Memphis!

Thanks,
            Marvin Nakashima

ChiTownDiner

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Mon, 10/7/13 9:11 PM (permalink)
              Hi Marvin - only been there once and sorry but no pictures. Perhaps someone else in our ChIcago group has some. I'll put the word out and see what I can find before we meet in Memphis...looking forward to some snacking! CTD

buffetbuster

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Tue, 10/8/13 2:39 PM (permalink)
                Just heard Walking in Memphis on the radio, which got me even more fired up about the upcoming tour.  Besides ChiTownDiner, cousin Johnny, Cubs Fan and myself, who else is going?

Big_g

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Tue, 10/8/13 6:53 PM (permalink)
                  I'm going to be there....my first time hooking up with the group....can hardly wait.

buffetbuster

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Wed, 10/9/13 10:11 AM (permalink)
                    Big_g-
                    So glad to hear that you will be joining in on the tour.  Looking forward to meeting you! 

Big_g

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Wed, 10/9/13 10:50 AM (permalink)
                      Do we need to bring hawaiian shirts ??

buffetbuster

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Wed, 10/9/13 11:22 AM (permalink)
                        Sorry Big_g, the Hawaiian shirts are for the annual Glee Club get-together every President's Day weekend.  For the Roadfood bus tours, just bring your best eating t-shirts!

Big_g

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Wed, 10/9/13 5:45 PM (permalink)
                          Can handle that!

Cubs Fan

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Wed, 10/9/13 7:03 PM (permalink)
                            CTD:

Thanks, we'll see what transpires.

Marvin

ChiTownDiner

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Thu, 10/10/13 7:30 AM (permalink)
                              Abe Froeman had pictures but not of the 2 items you requested.  We'll see if anyone else has pictures from the Chicago meeting at Calumet Fisheries. 

BuddyRoadhouse

• Total Posts: 4074
                                Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Thu, 10/10/13 5:57 PM (permalink)
                                There are a bunch of photos of Calumet Fisheries in the "Spring Fling for the Milwaukee/Chicago Contingent" thread.  Check out the link in abe_froeman's post #180, bottom of page six.  Unfortunately, as CTD indicates, none of them are of the specific items you're looking for, but they're still some pretty good illustrative shots of what Calumet Fisheries is all about.

MIlwFoodlovers also has some good overview pics of Calumet Fisheries linked in his post #182, page seven.

I know some of the Contingent members have since made return trips to Calumet, and the ladies (a_f and s_d) I'm thinking of always carry cameras with them when they eat.  Perhaps there are some photos of the Smoked shrimp and sturgeon that haven't been seen before on Roadfood...

Buddy

ChiTownDiner

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Thu, 10/10/13 6:04 PM (permalink)
                                  Thanks Buddy! 

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
                                    • Roadfood Insider
                                    Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Thu, 10/10/13 8:11 PM (permalink)
                                    buffetbuster

Sorry Big_g, the Hawaiian shirts are for the annual Glee Club get-together every President's Day weekend.  For the Roadfood bus tours, just bring your best eating t-shirts!

And BIBS!

And if PIE is involved watch your fingers around CTD, BB and Cousin Johnny!
                                    <message edited by CajunKing on Thu, 10/10/13 8:12 PM>

ChiTownDiner

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Thu, 10/10/13 8:45 PM (permalink)
                                      That is so hurtful....I have never eaten an entire digit.

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
                                        • Roadfood Insider
                                        Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Thu, 10/10/13 10:18 PM (permalink)
                                        ChiTownDiner

That is so hurtful....I have never eaten an entire digit.

Just the tip right??? 

Big_g

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Fri, 10/11/13 8:59 PM (permalink)
                                          note to self....pack Kevlar gloves

ChiBears15

• Total Posts: 70
                                            Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Sat, 10/12/13 12:09 AM (permalink)
                                            Hello everyone,

Long time lurker here from Chicago.  I recently purchased a seat for the Memphis/Arkansas food tour for next week.  Now forgive me if this is a stupid question, but what do I do now lol?  I only received a PayPal confirmation number after completing the ticket purchase... How do I find the bus in Memphis lol

Thanks in advance,
                                            Danny Nowak

P.S. Go Bears!

Cubs Fan

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Sat, 10/12/13 9:25 AM (permalink)
                                              CTD:

Thanks for your outreach to participants in the 2009 Spring Fling for photos of Calumet Fisheries. I found one from PFPfeef of smoked shrimp which I can use.

Cubs Fan (Marvin)

ChiTownDiner

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Sat, 10/12/13 9:37 AM (permalink)
                                                ChiBears15 - There are no tickets so you're in.  The bus leaves from the hotel each morning and then returns in either the late afternoon or evening.  The official tour hotel is the Springhill Suites.  See Michael Sterns post up near the top of this page for exact location.  I don't think anyone has posted a departure time from the hotel as of yet.  Typically, we depart between 8am-9:30am.  That should give you a good idea until either Stephen or Michael posts something.  See you in Memphis - CTD

Stephen Rushmore Jr.

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Sat, 10/12/13 10:48 AM (permalink)
                                                  It looks like we are going depart from the hotel at 9:30 AM on Friday.  An official email will come soon.

ChiBears15

• Total Posts: 70
                                                    Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Sat, 10/12/13 2:15 PM (permalink)
                                                    CTD - Thank you very much for the information!

Since the tour bus departs Friday morning, I am assuming most eaters will be arriving in Memphis on Thursday.  Therefore, would anyone like to maybe have an opening night dinner somewhere?  I was thinking we can go to Blues City Cafe on Beale St. or maybe the Bar-B-Q Shop that is East of downtown Memphis.  Someone else mentioned Rendezvous earlier in this thread... That would be great too!  Please let me know if anyone is interested   

Danny 

Cubs Fan

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Sun, 10/13/13 10:12 AM (permalink)
                                                      Thanks, too, Buddy, I pulled a couple of pics, i.e. smoked fish and how foods are served at Calumet, from a Facebook page of photos of the Spring Fling by Lucy Sanders and posted them with my review with attribution.

BuddyRoadhouse

• Total Posts: 4074
                                                        • Location: Des Plaines, IL
                                                        Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Sun, 10/13/13 3:43 PM (permalink)
                                                        FYI: Lucy Sanders=abe_froeman (aka my daughter)

Buddy

joseiw

• Location: Wichita, KS
                                                          Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Mon, 10/14/13 11:42 AM (permalink)
                                                          Danny and anyone else:
                                                          I would love to get together Thursday pm for dinner, however I am not sure what time my wife and I will arrive.  We are driving in.  Let me know if a time/place get established and we will try to meet the group there if possible.  Here's hoping the imminent "shutdown" does not affect air travel plans!
                                                          Joe

ChiTownDiner

Re:The Fall Roadfood Tour Mon, 10/14/13 12:52 PM (permalink)
                                                            While I am arriving earlier also, I have plans to be in Northern Mississippi on Thursday.  As of now, I am not sure of my arrival back into Memphis but will monitor this thread for a time and place in the hopes of meeting up. 

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 31 to 60 of 120

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com