The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Food Cart Insurance

christhefooddude

• Total Posts: 18
Food Cart Insurance Fri, 06/7/13 10:41 PM (permalink)
has anyone used the Food Liability Insurance Program?  How are they?

nshaw65

• Total Posts: 25
    Re:Food Cart Insurance Sat, 06/8/13 5:43 AM (permalink)
    I just took it out on my Ice Cream Cart. Best price I could find anywhere. I like the fact you can log in and add a additional insured instantly.

C2CD

• Total Posts: 189
      Re:Food Cart Insurance Sat, 06/8/13 6:05 AM (permalink)
      I am about to give it a try it is the best thing I have found, only thing I don't like about it is I sell Monster Energy drink cause I operate in a college town and sel to a lot of college kids, and especially if I work out side a bar at night I go through them, but FLIP will not cover my energy drinks 

sillydogz

• Total Posts: 113
        Re:Food Cart Insurance Sat, 06/8/13 8:03 AM (permalink)
        I use flip. So far it's been awesome. Price was decent and the fact you can just log in and add additionally insured at no extra charge is awesome. 

BobbyVang

• Total Posts: 62
          Re:Food Cart Insurance Sat, 06/8/13 8:47 AM (permalink)
          Can you pay monthly or is the 299$ a year up front?

christhefooddude

Re:Food Cart Insurance Sat, 06/8/13 11:33 AM (permalink)
            Has anyone made a claim with them.  Just worried about paying someone cheep and getting f*ed when something happens.

sillydogz

• Total Posts: 113
              Re:Food Cart Insurance Sat, 06/8/13 8:55 PM (permalink)
              no monthly payment. you pay 299 up front for the year

christhefooddude

Re:Food Cart Insurance Sun, 06/9/13 12:37 AM (permalink)
                So of you that use the flip program for your insurance how many of you are sole owners and not a corporations or LLC?

C2CD

• Total Posts: 189
                  Re:Food Cart Insurance Sun, 06/9/13 12:58 AM (permalink)
                  I use it and I am a sole proprietor 

nshaw65

• Total Posts: 25
                    Re:Food Cart Insurance Sun, 06/9/13 7:11 AM (permalink)
                    i am a sole proprietor

christhefooddude

Re:Food Cart Insurance Sun, 06/9/13 11:59 AM (permalink)
                      So I understand from reading the fine print is that they don't cover the cart to and from while on the road just while its sitting and your selling dogs.  Am i reading that right?  Do you have additional insurance for the cart?  State Farm is telling me that they won't cover any of it which doesn't make since I just need the trailer covered while moving its way less expensive than a boat I am just worried about it coming loose and taking out a family of 5 in a car and getting sued like crazy lol.  

biker jim

• Total Posts: 403
                        Re:Food Cart Insurance Sun, 06/9/13 12:29 PM (permalink)
                        My broker uses Auto Owners as their insurance.   They have been very responsive.  I have had a couple of claims (a kid that was working for me didn't hook the cart up well enough and it went careening down the street, they also insure my house and paid a hail claim)
                        I'm not sure about just insuring your cart on premise.  More accidents will probably happen on the way to or from an event.  If your cart gets toasted so does your business.   I would be interested in finding out how quickly they pay claims, get insurance certificates to business owners that want you to vend on their property, etc...
                        When I first started and was just insuring the one cart, I think I paid around $400 or so a year for coverage, and that included getting it to and from where it was going.  This might be a good stop gap, but I would keep shopping.  

christhefooddude

Re:Food Cart Insurance Tue, 06/11/13 11:57 PM (permalink)
                          Thank you all for your help got everything hammered out.  Went to go get inspected today and had a leak pop up in my gray water tank  So trying it again tomorrow 

THE WILD DOG

• Total Posts: 1465
                            Re:Food Cart Insurance Thu, 06/13/13 8:20 AM (permalink)
                            Jim, the best thing about flip, is you print your own certs, online and have it on a pdf ready to email to client.  You can also get cart liability as well for an additional $50, not sure how quickly they pay claims either,  ( KNOCK ON WOOD ) but so far, we like them. Nothing beats filling out the additional insured and having it at my fingertips immediately. 

daddywoofdawg

• Total Posts: 299
                              Re:Food Cart Insurance Thu, 06/13/13 1:40 PM (permalink)
                              I use auto owners,much cheaper.Progressive told me as long as the trailer is being towed by an insured vehicle liability will cover.Not damage to the cart but damage if it crashes into something/body.Ask your agent if your "trailer" would be insured.

BpCBlake

• Total Posts: 436
                                Re:Food Cart Insurance Sat, 06/15/13 4:30 PM (permalink)
                                make sure to get full insurance. everything from damage to total destruction or loss.  your cart is your business. I have heard about stolen carts, carts crashed into while being moved or pulled. If your cart is stolen, is the thief selling hot hot dogs?

FLIProgram.com

• Total Posts: 3
                                  Re:Food Cart Insurance Thu, 07/18/13 4:39 PM (permalink)
                                  christhefooddude

So I understand from reading the fine print is that they don't cover the cart to and from while on the road just while its sitting and your selling dogs.  Am i reading that right?  Do you have additional insurance for the cart?  State Farm is telling me that they won't cover any of it which doesn't make since I just need the trailer covered while moving its way less expensive than a boat I am just worried about it coming loose and taking out a family of 5 in a car and getting sued like crazy lol.  

I don't know if this is still an active discussion, but I thought I would clarify a few things in this post.  I want to start by saying that I actually work for the insurance company that is the agent for the FLIP policy, so I do have some bias.  I only intend on answering questions in this post. 1) Transit- Most auto insurances will cover your trailer whileit is attached to your vehicle and driving on the road. 2) Trailer- With the FLIP policy , there is an optional trailer endorsement for $59 that covers the cart when it is unattached from your vehicle and parked on a premise. With this optional endorsement and the auto insurance that you should already have, you should have the liability coverage that you need on your trailer. 3) Energy Drinks- If someone were to have some sort of bodily injury with an energy drink like "Monster" they would probably make a claim against the manufacturer, not the distributer. This exclusion is more for those who are producing their own energy drinks. I think it is safe to say that we can all see the risk that's associated with this. 4) The Carrier- The carrier for our FLIP policy is Great American Insurance Company. They are highly respectedand are an ‘A’ rated carrier on AM Best. Great American has been in business since 1872 and are very well known in the insurance industry. Hopefully this helped some. Visit our website fliprogram.com for more info

christhefooddude

Re:Food Cart Insurance Fri, 07/19/13 12:54 AM (permalink)
                                    I do use the FLIP for my insurance.  I talked to the head agent I guess you would call him at my State Farm and he told me when you tow something its covered under your auto insurance.  Which I thought was strange that one of his employees was telling me they would cover a boat or other trailer from damage while in tow or if it comes loose and hits another vehicle but they wouldn't insure a hot dog cart due to it being too risky.  So he was just talking out of his a** not knowing what he doing I guess?

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                      • No New Messages
                                      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                      • Locked w/ New Messages
                                      • Locked w/o New Messages
                                      • Read Message
                                      • Post New Thread
                                      • Reply to message
                                      • Post New Poll
                                      • Submit Vote
                                      • Post reward post
                                      • Delete my own posts
                                      • Delete my own threads
                                      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com