The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Wintzell's Oyster House in Pittsburgh!

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 44 of 44
mr chips

• Total Posts: 4715
Re:Wintzell's Oyster House in Pittsburgh! Sat, 06/22/13 3:35 PM (permalink)
I am so envious. this dishes look marvelous.

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
    Re:Wintzell's Oyster House in Pittsburgh! Sun, 06/23/13 7:54 AM (permalink)
    As a Wintzells virgin this year, I am happy to hear the new place is good.Janet and I shared the oyster combo, which we loved. I had gumbo, and found it excellent. And of course, the oysters! I was chicken to order them, but Al shared and wished I had!

buffetbuster

Re:Wintzell's Oyster House in Pittsburgh! Mon, 06/24/13 3:16 PM (permalink)
      Thanks so much to lleechef and Michael Hoffman for the invite to join them at Wintzell's last Thursday night.  The food was great, while Lisa and Michael are such fun company.  I am still a little surprised that this food has translated so well from a thousand miles away.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17852
        Re:Wintzell's Oyster House in Pittsburgh! Mon, 06/24/13 5:03 PM (permalink)
        It was an absolute pleasure. It always is when you two are involved.

ukaserex

• Total Posts: 2
          Re:Wintzell's Oyster House in Pittsburgh! Sat, 07/27/13 6:28 PM (permalink)
          Well, I can shed a little light on why the south hills of Pittsburgh were chosen. According to the online Pittsburgh Business Times, a fellow by the name of Gene Jablonski so much enjoyed himself at our (I work for Wintzell's) southern location, he decided to take a restaurant back with him. If you do a google search for Wintzell's and Jablonski, the article should be the first link.

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6259
            Re:Wintzell's Oyster House in Pittsburgh! Sat, 07/27/13 7:32 PM (permalink)
            ukasarex
            Thank you for the info!  We all enjoyed ourselves so much when we were there in Mobile in February.  But then to hear that there was one in Pittsburgh......well, it seemed too good to be true!!!!  I can't wait to go back! 

buffetbuster

Re:Wintzell's Oyster House in Pittsburgh! Mon, 07/29/13 10:15 AM (permalink)
              Here is the article that ukasarex mentioned.  Great to here that two more Wintzell's will be opening down the line.

And a big Roadfood welcome to ukasarexWintzell's certainly seems like it would be a cool company to work for.

leslie638

• Total Posts: 25
                Re:Wintzell's Oyster House in Pittsburgh! Mon, 07/29/13 1:25 PM (permalink)
                Wow!  TY you bb.  My family & I love oysters of all sorts.  Can't wait to try this.  I don't how I missed this post to begin with.  I have a neighbor who loves them raw & we've been talking about going down the strip but glad to hear this is another option.  Even though we're coming from the east end, happy to hear it is worth the drive.  TY again.  

Michael Hoffman

Re:Wintzell's Oyster House in Pittsburgh! Mon, 07/29/13 1:31 PM (permalink)
                  Oh, boy is it worth the drive. We're in central Ohio and will be going back to Wintzell's in Pittsburgh.

buffetbuster

Re:Wintzell's Oyster House in Pittsburgh! Mon, 07/29/13 1:49 PM (permalink)
                    Your welcome leslie638!  If you and neighbor make it there, please report back about your experience.

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6259
                      Re:Wintzell's Oyster House in Pittsburgh! Mon, 07/29/13 2:00 PM (permalink)
                      leslie638
                      If you love oysters, Wintzell's is definitely your kinda place!!  Enjoy!

FriedClamFanatic

• Total Posts: 1503
                        Re:Wintzell's Oyster House in Pittsburgh! Mon, 07/29/13 2:12 PM (permalink)
                        If he's going to open more spots, I wish he'd do one off this way.  Been way too long since I've been in Mobile......and I seem to have little reason to get back to Pittsburg any time soon.

Michael Hoffman

Re:Wintzell's Oyster House in Pittsburgh! Mon, 07/29/13 2:15 PM (permalink)
                          FriedClamFanatic

I seem to have little reason to get back to Pittsburg any time soon.

Wintzell's is a good reason. Plus, you can get to Primanti Brothers and Wholey's. Now, what better reason do you need?

FriedClamFanatic

• Total Posts: 1503
                            Re:Wintzell's Oyster House in Pittsburgh! Mon, 07/29/13 4:50 PM (permalink)
                            Darn..now that you bring all that up, the 6+ hour drive does sound better

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                              Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 44 of 44

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                              • No New Messages
                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                              • Read Message
                              • Post New Thread
                              • Reply to message
                              • Post New Poll
                              • Submit Vote
                              • Post reward post
                              • Delete my own posts
                              • Delete my own threads
                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com