Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Ohhhh Cliffff This article has your name on it - Best Pies

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
  • Roadfood Insider
Ohhhh Cliffff This article has your name on it - Best Pies Mon, 07/29/13 4:44 PM (permalink)
I saw this article and who do you think was the first person to cross my mind? 

Nope not CTD even though he was third
Nope not TTM he was second
Yep we all guessed it our one and only Buffetbuster.

http://travel.yahoo.com/p...s-best-pies-slideshow/

buffetbuster

Re:Ohhhh Cliffff This article has your name on it - Best Pies Mon, 07/29/13 8:07 PM (permalink)
    Thanks so much for thinking of me CK!  Besides all of those gorgeous photos, they listed quite a few places I was unfamiliar with, (although Strawn's Eat Shop has been at the top of my to do list for years).  Those new ones will be referenced for future trips.

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6246
      Re:Ohhhh Cliffff This article has your name on it - Best Pies Tue, 07/30/13 3:07 PM (permalink)
      Everybody knows:

buffetbuster=pie!

Extreme Glow

Re:Ohhhh Cliffff This article has your name on it - Best Pies Tue, 07/30/13 6:23 PM (permalink)
        If you are in St. Louis, try Sugaree.
        http://www.sugareebaking.com
        Note that walk-in service is only on Friday and Saturday.

Pie Oh My opened recently and I haven't been there yet but the reviews seem very good.
        http://pieohmystl.com

Extreme Glow

Re:Ohhhh Cliffff This article has your name on it - Best Pies Tue, 07/30/13 6:33 PM (permalink)
          Anybody have any intel about The Pie Folks in Germantown (Memphis), TN?
          http://thepiefolks.com/1.html
          Yes, the website needs work.

JRPfeff

• Total Posts: 2375
            Re:Ohhhh Cliffff This article has your name on it - Best Pies Tue, 07/30/13 8:25 PM (permalink)
            You will find this sacrilegious, but I believe thatn buffetbuster is way OVERRATED as a pie eater. He's just a lightweight compared to the Windy City Black-hole.

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
              • Roadfood Insider
              Re:Ohhhh Cliffff This article has your name on it - Best Pies Wed, 07/31/13 1:31 PM (permalink)
              JRPfeff

You will find this sacrilegious, but I believe thatn buffetbuster is way OVERRATED as a pie eater. He's just a lightweight compared to the Windy City Black-hole.

I dont know about that one I have eaten with both of them and I like pie too but BB is a bottomless pit.

Which now makes me wonder what happens when a black hole collides with a bottomless pit??
              Does the world explode or is there a LOT less pie for others to enjoy?

buffetbuster

Re:Ohhhh Cliffff This article has your name on it - Best Pies Mon, 08/5/13 1:17 PM (permalink)
                JRPfeff

If you are suggesting that the infamous ChiTownDiner is a bigger eater, than you are 100% correct.  When he, Cousin Johnny and I are running around, I consistently show.  But, when it comes to pie eating, I think I can take him!

buffetbuster

Re:Ohhhh Cliffff This article has your name on it - Best Pies Mon, 08/5/13 1:22 PM (permalink)
                  Extreme Glow

Anybody have any intel about The Pie Folks in Germantown (Memphis), TN?
                  http://thepiefolks.com/1.html
                  Yes, the website needs work.
                  The Pie Folks has been on my list for years.  A few times I have been in Memphis over a holiday weekend and they ended up being closed.  With the bus tour being in that area this year, we should be able to pay them a visit.  And thanks for the tips for pie shops in the St. Louis area.  The place I hear good things about is The Blue Owl Restaurant in Kimmswick. 

ChiTownDiner

Re:Ohhhh Cliffff This article has your name on it - Best Pies Mon, 08/5/13 4:29 PM (permalink)
                    I was wondering why my ears have been buzzing...now I see!  In the old days maybe...but I have reformed and am sticking to salads, veggies and water...and luving it!  Occasionally, I will look at a slice of pie! 

billyboy

• Total Posts: 2363
                      Re:Ohhhh Cliffff This article has your name on it - Best Pies Mon, 08/5/13 4:38 PM (permalink)
                      If memory serves, CTD, you were gazing pretty hard at that slice of blueberry pie at Harry's Roadhouse in Santa Fe!!  

JRPfeff

Re:Ohhhh Cliffff This article has your name on it - Best Pies Sun, 10/13/13 3:55 PM (permalink)
                        We finally tried #7 on the list - Scratch in Durham, NC. The pies were very mediocre, nothing special at all.  Even the crusts were sloppy, it looked like no love was shown in their preparation.

buffetbuster

Re:Ohhhh Cliffff This article has your name on it - Best Pies Sun, 10/13/13 4:34 PM (permalink)
                          JRPfeff-
                          You went there without me!!!!!

JRPfeff

Re:Ohhhh Cliffff This article has your name on it - Best Pies Sun, 10/13/13 4:54 PM (permalink)
                            We call that planning. Otherwise there may not be any pie left for ME.

buffetbuster

Re:Ohhhh Cliffff This article has your name on it - Best Pies Sun, 10/13/13 5:21 PM (permalink)
                              Uh, huh.  Because the JRPfeff household is SO pie-deprived!

What kind of pies did you have at Scratch?

JRPfeff

Re:Ohhhh Cliffff This article has your name on it - Best Pies Sun, 10/13/13 6:20 PM (permalink)
                                Buttermilk Sugar Pie and Chocolate Chess Pie. Someone brought a homemade Chocolate Chess Pie to work last week that blew away the one we had at Scratch.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                  • No New Messages
                                  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                  • Locked w/ New Messages
                                  • Locked w/o New Messages
                                  • Read Message
                                  • Post New Thread
                                  • Reply to message
                                  • Post New Poll
                                  • Submit Vote
                                  • Post reward post
                                  • Delete my own posts
                                  • Delete my own threads
                                  • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                  What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com