The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

BurgerFi?

phlmaestro

BurgerFi? Wed, 08/7/13 3:33 PM (permalink)
A Florida-based burger chain called BurgerFi is opening an outlet a few blocks from my office (and across the street from the Reading Terminal). They have the thin patties that I like and also serve frozen custard, which I love when it's made well.

Does anyone have any experience with BurgerFi? Is this a place I should be excited about?

A Freddy's Frozen Custard and Steakburgers opened in the Philly burbs in the past year and I love their burgers and custard. I'm also a shake shack fan. So if BurgerFi is even close to being as good as those places, I'd be very happy to have it as a lunch option during the week.

MetroplexJim

• Total Posts: 3705
    Re:BurgerFi? Wed, 08/7/13 6:57 PM (permalink)
    Kinda reminds me of Culver's.

Their fries look great on their website.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17819
      Re:BurgerFi? Wed, 08/7/13 7:06 PM (permalink)
      The Smashburger pix look good, too, but, as lleechef noted when we went, "It's a small step up from McDonald's."

phlmaestro

Re:BurgerFi? Sat, 08/10/13 10:44 PM (permalink)
        I think we're also getting a Smashburger somewhere in or near Philly. I'm glad to have some of these chains move into the region, given the fairly slim pickings for fast-food style burgers we had until relatively recently. As I mentioned above, I've become a pretty big fan of Freddy's Frozen Custard's double cheeseburger.

Now if we could just get Culver's and Steak 'n Shake. The fries at Freddy's remind me a lot of the fries at Steak 'n Shake.

I've moved to within a 10-minute drive of Charlie's Hamburgers, which is the only burger place in this region and one of only two in Pennsylvania to make the Hamburger America book. And I love their burgers; but they're SO greasy - maybe the greasiest burgers I've ever had - that I only get them occasionally. Some of these smaller chains are the next best option, as most of the highly regarded burgers in Philly are the large pub-style ones. I prefer a couple thin patties piled on top of each other.
        <message edited by phlmaestro on Sat, 08/10/13 10:48 PM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
          • Locked w/ New Messages
          • Locked w/o New Messages
          • Read Message
          • Post New Thread
          • Reply to message
          • Post New Poll
          • Submit Vote
          • Post reward post
          • Delete my own posts
          • Delete my own threads
          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com