The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Shaka Shack - Anchorage Alaska

sandman441

• Total Posts: 10
Shaka Shack - Anchorage Alaska Sat, 08/17/13 1:48 AM (permalink)
I found this place purely by accident, they are in a food court in the 5th avenue mall in Anchorage, Alaska. These guys do hawaiian food for the most part, when I go I mainly get the fish tacos but tonight I got the california burrito and loaded fries. 

The fish tacos are great, I'm not too seasons with fish tacos as I have only had home made ones and these ones. but they are your usual fish tacos that I have seen (lettuce, onions, and forget what else) but they make them a little spicy not enough to make you scream your head off or anything but just enough to say hey here I am. 

California burrito was good too it had teriyaki steak, cheese, sour cream, and green onions, red pepper flakes and potato slivers. It was spicy too but good. 

Loaded Fries these were good too it was teriytaki steak, cheese, and some kind of white cheese too. 

but if you are ever going to or in Alaska definately give it a try. It's really good and I don't think I have ever had anything bad there. 

Adjudicator

• Total Posts: 5055
    Re:Shaka Shack - Anchorage Alaska Sat, 08/17/13 9:00 AM (permalink)
    Do they have a web page?

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6223
      Re:Shaka Shack - Anchorage Alaska Sat, 08/17/13 10:58 AM (permalink)
      They must have opened after I left Anchorage in '08 but I'll tell my AK friends about it.

MetroplexJim

• Total Posts: 3704
        Re:Shaka Shack - Anchorage Alaska Sat, 08/17/13 12:23 PM (permalink)
        FYI:  http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/64/1684691/restaurant/Downtown/The-Shaka-Shack-Anchorage

BTW:  Sandman441, do you work there?  Own it?  Have a relative that owns it?  Just curious ...

sandman441

Re:Shaka Shack - Anchorage Alaska Sat, 08/17/13 1:49 PM (permalink)
          Adjudicator

Do they have a web page? 

it does, I tried to post some links and it would not let me, I think it's because I only have 5 posts but not sure, the hot dog place I posted about also I tried to post 2 or 3 links and could not. 

MetroplexJim

FYI: 

BTW:  Sandman441, do you work there?  Own it?  Have a relative that owns it?  Just curious ...

I do not, I found it when I was going shopping one time and wanted to give it a try. Usually if I find a really good local place in Alaska I try and get the word out, especially here when people want to visit they should have a really interesting time eating in Anchorage.  It's like the hot dog place I posted called IHOH, I've taken 2 people there so far and they instantly became addicted to it. Haven't taken anybody to this place yet because it's in a mall food court and the mall is a bit far away from everybody that I know. 

MetroplexJim

• Total Posts: 3704
            Re:Shaka Shack - Anchorage Alaska Sat, 08/17/13 4:39 PM (permalink)
            sandman441

Adjudicator

Do they have a web page? 

it does, I tried to post some links and it would not let me, I think it's because I only have 5 posts but not sure, the hot dog place I posted about also I tried to post 2 or 3 links and could not. 

MetroplexJim

FYI: 

I do not, I found it when I was going shopping one time and wanted to give it a try. Usually if I find a really good local place in Alaska I try and get the word out, especially here when people want to visit they should have a really interesting time eating in Anchorage.  It's like the hot dog place I posted called IHOH, I've taken 2 people there so far and they instantly became addicted to it. Haven't taken anybody to this place yet because it's in a mall food court and the mall is a bit far away from everybody that I know. 

Thanks!
            And,  Welcome to Roadfood!!!

lleechef

Re:Shaka Shack - Anchorage Alaska Sun, 08/18/13 12:21 PM (permalink)
              sandman
              Have you ever tried Ronnie's on Jewel Lake Rd. (between Raspberry Rd. and Dimond Blvd.)???  It's one of my favorite places in Anchorage.   

sandman441

Re:Shaka Shack - Anchorage Alaska Sun, 08/18/13 3:48 PM (permalink)
                lleechef

sandman
                Have you ever tried Ronnie's on Jewel Lake Rd. (between Raspberry Rd. and Dimond Blvd.)???  It's one of my favorite places in Anchorage.   

I have not, It's a sushi place isn't it? 

lleechef

Re:Shaka Shack - Anchorage Alaska Sun, 08/18/13 6:04 PM (permalink)
                  Yep, sushi and sashimi...........but a lot of other things too.  Great tempura.  Try it!

sandman441

Re:Shaka Shack - Anchorage Alaska Mon, 08/19/13 1:32 AM (permalink)
                    lleechef

Yep, sushi and sashimi...........but a lot of other things too.  Great tempura.  Try it!

I will, I want to start my own youtube page with restaurants from Alaska and more than likely Anchorage because that is where I am. Going to do some international stuff too I hope. Our first review is going to be a place called the safari restaurant I hope. It's a little bit of a beta release of our channel but hopefully we get it going. My and my buddy are supposed to go Tuesday but we will see. I just got out of school and I pretty much also just got a job so money is still a bit tight. I'm on call for a job on the slope and hoping I can get called out some time this month or next again, Kind of a dead time right now though. 

lleechef

Re:Shaka Shack - Anchorage Alaska Mon, 08/19/13 11:31 AM (permalink)
                      Add Humpy's and The Peanut Farm to your list (I don't like their new renovation, but whatever).  Humpy's was on Man v Food.  If you get out of Anchorage, there is a great place in Girdwood, The Bake Shop.  I took Al The Mayor and his wife there for the famous cinnamon rolls.  Also in Whittier is Swiftwater Café.  Best halibut and chips, seafood chowder and other seafood.
                      Good luck with your reviews!

sandman441

Re:Shaka Shack - Anchorage Alaska Mon, 08/19/13 3:53 PM (permalink)
                        lleechef

Add Humpy's and The Peanut Farm to your list (I don't like their new renovation, but whatever).  Humpy's was on Man v Food.  If you get out of Anchorage, there is a great place in Girdwood, The Bake Shop.  I took Al The Mayor and his wife there for the famous cinnamon rolls.  Also in Whittier is Swiftwater Café.  Best halibut and chips, seafood chowder and other seafood.
                        Good luck with your reviews!

Ive been to Humpy's it was ok, Peanut Farm I have never been to. There is a place in Girdwood I think that I want to try, I don't remember the name but they served pizza. Not sure on if I'm going to go to whittier or not it's still in the planning stages right now but it all depends on how much money I get too. 

lleechef

Re:Shaka Shack - Anchorage Alaska Mon, 08/19/13 4:10 PM (permalink)
                          If you do go to Whittier (and you should, it's not far from Girdwood) remember that the tunnel is shared with the Alaska Railroad and motor vehicles.  You can go to Whittier on the hour and leave on the half-hour.  The Swiftwater Café in Whittier is reviewed on this site.

sandman441

Re:Shaka Shack - Anchorage Alaska Mon, 08/19/13 5:10 PM (permalink)
                            lleechef

If you do go to Whittier (and you should, it's not far from Girdwood) remember that the tunnel is shared with the Alaska Railroad and motor vehicles.  You can go to Whittier on the hour and leave on the half-hour.  The Swiftwater Café in Whittier is reviewed on this site.

ok cool, for the youtube channel it's going to be a slow process, we don't even have a camera yet so everything will probably be on a camera phone for the first few months. then I hope I will be going to London around June, I hope that work picks up in a few months. 

lleechef

Re:Shaka Shack - Anchorage Alaska Mon, 08/19/13 7:01 PM (permalink)
                              Good luck!  Keep us posted! 
                              <message edited by lleechef on Mon, 08/19/13 7:03 PM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                • No New Messages
                                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                • Locked w/ New Messages
                                • Locked w/o New Messages
                                • Read Message
                                • Post New Thread
                                • Reply to message
                                • Post New Poll
                                • Submit Vote
                                • Post reward post
                                • Delete my own posts
                                • Delete my own threads
                                • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com