The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Too many food truck builds on road food?

gonzojuice

• Total Posts: 87
Too many food truck builds on road food? Fri, 09/27/13 10:45 PM (permalink)
Somebody questioned a while back why there were so many truck builds on roadfood. I thought about this for a while. It occurred to me that the reason why it has dominated a lot of attention among the restaurant proffesionals forum is for a few reasons: mainly because trucks are the current trend, additionally it is because the internet audience is impatient and a truck build can move right along with photos and such, but mostly because the road food world is not terribly exciting and food trucks are the most exciting thing about it. I have loved road food my whole life, and lived off it. It's delicious, but only exciting when your hungry and it's right there to be ordered and eaten. This is not the Adrian Ferran world of gastronomic wonders folks. This is not El Bulli or The French Laundry. This is the way people have eaten on the streets for ever, supercharged. We can be fancy, but we are the peoples food and it's fun and exciting because "the people" finally dig it. Any comments?

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9575
    Re:Too many food truck builds on road food? Sat, 09/28/13 12:59 AM (permalink)
    When you travel to other countries, you see a lot more Street Food Operations than you do in the USA. The only difference is they don't have old beat-up trucks to work with so they make do with carts and makeshift stands. To me, Street food is very similar to Roadfood---Except you usually can't sit down.
    As far as Truck builds on RF, just let them be. They ain't hurtin' anyone. Don't read the thread if you don't like it.

fishscale28

• Total Posts: 223
      Re:Too many food truck builds on road food? Sat, 09/28/13 1:53 AM (permalink)
      I personally think they're great.  No where else have I found a larger compilation of a variety of builds with all the relative info...I think there are too many people who might not give all the great info a great look through or proper search but the info here is great and the variety is even better.  Kudos to those who shared, in depth!!!

kapowtruck

• Total Posts: 121
        Re:Too many food truck builds on road food? Mon, 09/30/13 5:42 PM (permalink)
        I think they are great also! If I wasn't looking for way to update my truck I wouldn't have stumble along this forum. I wish there were more step by step builds on the net with vids and pics.

Sun Spot

• Total Posts: 17
          Re:Too many food truck builds on road food? Thu, 10/3/13 7:51 PM (permalink)
          I'm learning a lot as I get ready to make advances in my travel trailer to mini donut vending trailer conversion.  It has been great.

daddywoofdawg

• Total Posts: 299
            Re:Too many food truck builds on road food? Sun, 10/6/13 11:01 PM (permalink)
            how many times can you take about a hamburger?truck builds keep the site going.

1bbqboy

• Total Posts: 4542
              Re:Too many food truck builds on road food? Mon, 10/7/13 3:16 PM (permalink)
              Hamburgers are what the site was built on, not building food trucks. At least the site used to be about that till everyone's wheelchair and hearing aid batteries went out.

gonzojuice

• Total Posts: 87
                Re:Too many food truck builds on road food? Mon, 10/7/13 5:31 PM (permalink)
                Don't get me wrong, I'm up for talking about a good hamburger, but there are so many aspects to the food world. Hamburgers are not the only, or even the best, thing going right now. Again, the thing that is trending in road food is Food Trucks. If I were in fine dining I would be on a different forum on a different website. Fact is I found this site, like Kapow did, simply because I was looking for inspiration with my truck build. I produce road food, sometimes literally while driving down the road. There sure is a lot of different types of road food, and this website does a dang good job at covering the bases. Maybe instead of being under the generalized "restaurant professionals" section we should have our own section of the forums called "Food Trucks and Trailers"

kapowtruck

• Total Posts: 121
                  Re:Too many food truck builds on road food? Mon, 10/7/13 5:33 PM (permalink)
                  gonzojuice

Don't get me wrong, I'm up for talking about a good hamburger, but there are so many aspects to the food world. Hamburgers are not the only, or even the best, thing going right now. Again, the thing that is trending in road food is Food Trucks. If I were in fine dining I would be on a different forum on a different website. Fact is I found this site, like Kapow did, simply because I was looking for inspiration with my truck build. I produce road food, sometimes literally while driving down the road. There sure is a lot of different types of road food, and this website does a dang good job at covering the bases. Maybe instead of being under the generalized "restaurant professionals" section we should have our own section of the forums called "Food Trucks and Trailers"

I would Definitely join that!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                    • No New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                    • Locked w/ New Messages
                    • Locked w/o New Messages
                    • Read Message
                    • Post New Thread
                    • Reply to message
                    • Post New Poll
                    • Submit Vote
                    • Post reward post
                    • Delete my own posts
                    • Delete my own threads
                    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com