The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

When was the last time you drank MD 20/20?

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 37 of 37
RKB

• Total Posts: 168
Re:When was the last time you drank MD 20/20? Sat, 11/9/13 9:28 AM (permalink)
New Year's Eve, 1990, Victorville Ca. A bunch of us Air Force types had a "Howl at the moon" party in honor of the blue moon that night, drank Mad Dog, listened to (of all things) polka music, and howled at the moon. The neighbors were not impressed....Worst hangover I have ever had. Sure was fun, though! 

DaddyRoux

• Total Posts: 3
    Re:When was the last time you drank MD 20/20? Sat, 11/9/13 11:26 AM (permalink)
    In my part of the world, it was "Mad Dog" 20/20". An alternate was another obnoxious
    wine drink called "NIght Train". And yes, me and my buddies climbed "Red Mountain"
    many times in the late 60's.
    CR

CLVdog

• Total Posts: 53
      Re:When was the last time you drank MD 20/20? Sat, 11/9/13 1:10 PM (permalink)
      Back in the summer of 1974. I drank a flask of it along with eating a half of an anchovy pizza. I got sick and never drank the stuff again.

ken8038

• Total Posts: 1559
        Re:When was the last time you drank MD 20/20? Sun, 12/8/13 6:34 PM (permalink)
        First and only time: Kentucky Derby 1971. A friend of mine was going to U of L Law School at the time and a bunch of us drove down from Brooklyn for the weekend.

Even back then they were confiscating all booze at the gate  to the infield, except for the large flask shaped bottles of 20/20 we stuck down the back of our pants. I was looped by the 2nd race.

PS my friend just retired last year after a long career as a successful lawyer. Time flies.

love2bake

• Total Posts: 1269
          Re:When was the last time you drank MD 20/20? Sun, 12/8/13 7:01 PM (permalink)
          I don't know the date, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't legal drinking age when I had MD 20/20.  (That's probably true for a bunch of the above entries, too!).  Ripple, I remember, was high school. Boy, did it make me sick.

FriedClamFanatic

• Total Posts: 1493
            Re:When was the last time you drank MD 20/20? Sun, 12/8/13 11:05 PM (permalink)
            Michael Hoffman

I never heard of this stuff, but I looked it up and to my surprise I learned that it is made by Mogen David, hence the MD, which I gather from the comments here could never have stood for Medical Doctor.

up until your post, I thought it was a typo and a watered down version of WD-40!

tiki

• Total Posts: 4135
              Re:When was the last time you drank MD 20/20? Mon, 12/9/13 7:18 AM (permalink)
              i dont remember----and THAT"S why i have since!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 37 of 37

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                • No New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                • Locked w/ New Messages
                • Locked w/o New Messages
                • Read Message
                • Post New Thread
                • Reply to message
                • Post New Poll
                • Submit Vote
                • Post reward post
                • Delete my own posts
                • Delete my own threads
                • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com