Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Super Bowl Poll

Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 31 to 60 of 74
pnwchef

• Total Posts: 2227
Re:Super Bowl Poll Thu, 01/16/14 5:22 PM (permalink)
EdSails

pnwchef

I'm impartial..........

Impartial.....so I guess you mean you'd rather just be on that peaceful inlet from the ocean......

Ed, speaking of Ocean, we are planning a fishing trip and fish fry the first week of Aug....An Oregon Seafood EXTRAVAGANZA. It's doesn't get an fresher than that......

Lisa........That's what low and slow cooking is about.............

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6205
    Re:Super Bowl Poll Thu, 01/16/14 5:32 PM (permalink)
    WOW!!!  So if a get a sous vide machine, I'll have 7 handsome men appear on my lawn on Super Bowl Sunday???  What a deal!!  Or better yet, can I borrow yours for a day? 

pnwchef

Re:Super Bowl Poll Thu, 01/16/14 6:09 PM (permalink)
      I'll let you borrow mine,BUT, with your luck some old man will show up.....

MetroplexJim

• Total Posts: 3704
        Re:Super Bowl Poll Thu, 01/16/14 6:52 PM (permalink)
        pnwchef

I saw your sous vide technique for producing a well-done, yet juicy steak on another thread.  Interesting.

But not nearly as interesting as these very healthy young ladies.  For whom do they cheer, i.e. who in the PNW has Cowboy colors?

One of the many 'little things' I like about the Steelers is their not having cheerleaders or a pep band.  If the Cowboys had Tomlin as head coach, they'd be in the Super Bowl (and Dez Bryant would be a behavioral role-model).

pnwchef

Re:Super Bowl Poll Thu, 01/16/14 7:38 PM (permalink)
          MetroplexJim

pnwchef

I saw your sous vide technique for producing a well-done, yet juicy steak on another thread.  Interesting.

But not nearly as interesting as these very healthy young ladies.  For whom do they cheer, i.e. who in the PNW has Cowboy colors?

One of the many 'little things' I like about the Steelers is their not having cheerleaders or a pep band.  If the.  Cowboys had Tomlin as head coach, they'd be in the Super Bowl (and Dez Bryant would be a behavioral role-model).

Jim, those are the Seattle Seahawks Cheerleaders, Take a close look on Sunday. Come to think of it, it's going to be cold you may not see them this sparsely dressed..

hatteras04

• Total Posts: 1070
            Re:Super Bowl Poll Fri, 01/17/14 9:40 AM (permalink)
            chewingthefat

Anchor Steam Beer, Tuna dip, Scoop Freetos, Chili Dogs, our Cream of Crab soup,  various sandwiches from here, preferably the Redskins, but it's been soooo long, 1991, it doesn't matter. I'm pulling for Denver, I do like Mr. Manning!

When I first read "tuna dip" I shuddered.  But then I thought about it for a minute and now i want to know what's in it and how to make it.  Would you mind sharing?

chewingthefat

• Total Posts: 6093
              Re:Super Bowl Poll Fri, 01/17/14 1:15 PM (permalink)
              hatteras04

chewingthefat

Anchor Steam Beer, Tuna dip, Scoop Freetos, Chili Dogs, our Cream of Crab soup,  various sandwiches from here, preferably the Redskins, but it's been soooo long, 1991, it doesn't matter. I'm pulling for Denver, I do like Mr. Manning!

When I first read "tuna dip" I shuddered.  But then I thought about it for a minute and now i want to know what's in it and how to make it.  Would you mind sharing?

Pint of Sour Cream, 2 large cans Tuna, I prefer the Tuna in oil, 1 or 2 Lipton Onion Soup dry mix packs, mix it all together, let it sit refrigerated for an hour. Anytime I march this out at a get together, it goes quickly!

KurtSara

• Total Posts: 181
                Re:Super Bowl Poll Sat, 01/18/14 7:57 AM (permalink)
                lleechef

KurtSara

I only require some DVRed race to watch, have never seen a super bowl.

That's just............un-American!  You missed Terry Bradshaw, Mean Joe Green, Lynn Swan, Rocky Blier?........just to name a few.......wow. 

I never have cared to watch sports other than when our kids played them in school and college, but I will go watch just about any type of racing that has a motor. We are vending BBQ at a ice fishing contest that day during the day so hope for nice weather.

hatteras04

• Total Posts: 1070
                  Re:Super Bowl Poll Sat, 01/18/14 9:26 AM (permalink)
                  chewingthefat

hatteras04

chewingthefat

Pint of Sour Cream, 2 large cans Tuna, I prefer the Tuna in oil, 1 or 2 Lipton Onion Soup dry mix packs, mix it all together, let it sit refrigerated for an hour. Anytime I march this out at a get together, it goes quickly!

Thanks! I'm going to have to try this one sometime.

pnwchef

Re:Super Bowl Poll Sat, 01/18/14 11:23 AM (permalink)
                    Tom was trained in canned fish in oil. Some people say he is a virtuoso when it comes to this subject. Tom could be seen eating a tuna sandwich while filling up his car. Tom isn't one of the 100 most influential people in the world, but he does know his canned foods. He doesn't always eat fish, but when he does, it's tuna. Oh Yah, I forgot, Vodka too........

chewingthefat

Re:Super Bowl Poll Sat, 01/18/14 12:04 PM (permalink)
                      pnwchef

Tom was trained in canned fish in oil. Some people say he is a virtuoso when it comes to this subject. Tom could be seen eating a tuna sandwich while filling up his car. Tom isn't one of the 100 most influential people in the world, but he does know his canned foods. He doesn't always eat fish, but when he does, it's tuna. Oh Yah, I forgot, Vodka too........

Spot on! Tuna in Vodka, hmmmm!

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17801
                        Re:Super Bowl Poll Sat, 01/18/14 12:09 PM (permalink)
                        chewingthefat

pnwchef

Spot on! Tuna in Vodka, hmmmm!

Whoa! Tuna reacts to cranberries in a way that often makes people uncomfortable.

BackRhodes

• Total Posts: 652
                          Re:Super Bowl Poll Sat, 01/18/14 3:36 PM (permalink)
                          ScreamingChicken

hatteras04

With the 4 remaining, I think New England presents the most options.
                          I dunno...EdSails' recent trip to SF sure covered some ground!

FYI:  Big Sur is NOT San Francisco...

Pfeiffer state park is 26 miles south of Monterey, in Monterey County...

<message edited by BackRhodes on Sat, 01/18/14 3:41 PM>

BackRhodes

• Total Posts: 652
                            Re:Super Bowl Poll Sat, 01/18/14 3:45 PM (permalink)
                            My ONLY interest in the Stupor Bowl are the big budget ads...

Of course, when the 49ers win I'll be happy to celebrate with some local sour dough french bread

EdSails

• Total Posts: 3546
                              Re:Super Bowl Poll Sat, 01/18/14 4:08 PM (permalink)
                              BackRhodes

ScreamingChicken

hatteras04

With the 4 remaining, I think New England presents the most options.
                              I dunno...EdSails' recent trip to SF sure covered some ground!

FYI:  Big Sur is NOT San Francisco...

Pfeiffer state park is 26 miles south of Monterey, in Monterey County...

I think you may have things confused, BackRhodes. The story about Big Sur was about something I did years ago. I did a thread recently about my trip to San Francisco in September for the America's Cup Race, wineries in Napa and some fine dining at Incanto, a delicicious lunch at Tommy's Joynt with love2bake  as well as dim sum in Chinatown and Italian food in North Beach. That's what he was referring to.

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9526
                                Re:Super Bowl Poll Sat, 01/18/14 4:55 PM (permalink)
                                MetroplexJim

pnwchef

One of the many 'little things' I like about the Steelers is their not having cheerleaders or a pep band.  If the Cowboys had Tomlin as head coach, they'd be in the Super Bowl (and Dez Bryant would be a behavioral role-model).

The reason the Stillers don't have cheerleaders is because they can't find any good lookin' women in Pittsburgh!
                                Couldn't resist!

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9526
                                  Re:Super Bowl Poll Sat, 01/18/14 5:01 PM (permalink)
                                  My DIL insists on making the Chili on Super Bowl Sunday.
                                  She puts beans in it!
                                  I don't have the heart to tell her it Sucks!

Michael Hoffman

Re:Super Bowl Poll Sat, 01/18/14 5:13 PM (permalink)
                                    Just don't eat it. She'll ask, and then you can tell her.

chewingthefat

Re:Super Bowl Poll Sat, 01/18/14 5:38 PM (permalink)
                                      Foodbme

My DIL insists on making the Chili on Super Bowl Sunday.
                                      She puts beans in it!
                                      I don't have the heart to tell her it Sucks!

See if you can get her to run an errand while it's simmering, then doctor it!

pnwchef

Re:Super Bowl Poll Sat, 01/18/14 6:40 PM (permalink)
                                        chewingthefat

hatteras04

chewingthefat

I couldn't remember where I saw this recipe before. I saw people eating this exact recipe, I guess it was a party. They were all standing around a 55gal barrel that had a big fire in it. I think it was by the Railroad tracks. There was a full moon, nice night..........

pnwchef

Re:Super Bowl Poll Sat, 01/18/14 6:42 PM (permalink)
                                          Foodbme

MetroplexJim

pnwchef

The reason the Stillers don't have cheerleaders is because they can't find any good lookin' women in Pittsburgh!
                                          Couldn't resist!

BAAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHA. wait until lisa see's this..........

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
                                            Re:Super Bowl Poll Sat, 01/18/14 7:23 PM (permalink)
                                            .....and she will! LOL!
                                            Tom, Bob passed your restaurant when he was on the east coast-I told him too late that you were one of our friends on roadfood. He will be back, now that he knows. However, I warned him you may duck and hide when he mentions me to you. Don't worry, he is the nice one and is used to the drill!

FriedClamFanatic

• Total Posts: 1491
                                              Re:Super Bowl Poll Sat, 01/18/14 11:48 PM (permalink)
                                              Today, pre SB.and in respect for what may be better and more memorable games..I went and bought some beer for a party.  I bought some Sam Adams and some Coors(fancy bottles).....let they who like their team choose the appropriate beer.  For round 2, a bottle of Napa Pinot Noir and a Washington State Merlot will grace the dinner table.

love2bake

• Total Posts: 1269
                                                Re:Super Bowl Poll Sun, 01/19/14 12:35 AM (permalink)
                                                Could have some Anchor Steam for Round 2.

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6205
                                                  Re:Super Bowl Poll Sun, 01/19/14 1:15 PM (permalink)
                                                  The reason the Steelers don't have any cheerleaders is because THEY DON'T NEED THEM.  The only team in the NFL to have a six pack! 

ScreamingChicken

• Total Posts: 4710
                                                    Re:Super Bowl Poll Sun, 01/19/14 5:17 PM (permalink)
                                                    I just learned that Terrance Knighton of the Broncos is nicknamed "Pot Roast".  Hard to root against a guy like that!

OMAHA!
                                                    <message edited by ScreamingChicken on Sun, 01/19/14 5:22 PM>

ann peeples

• Location: West Allis, Wisconsin
                                                      Re:Super Bowl Poll Sun, 01/19/14 9:00 PM (permalink)
                                                      Gotta love me some Peyton Manning.........

Michael Hoffman

Re:Super Bowl Poll Sun, 01/19/14 10:05 PM (permalink)
                                                        OK. It's Seattle-Denver two weeks from today.

EdSails

• Total Posts: 3546
                                                          • Location: Mission Viejo, CA
                                                          Re:Super Bowl Poll Sun, 01/19/14 10:10 PM (permalink)
                                                          Michael Hoffman

OK. It's Seattle-Denver two weeks from today.

Yes.......gentlemen.......start your barbecues!

ann peeples

• Location: West Allis, Wisconsin
                                                            Re:Super Bowl Poll Sun, 01/19/14 11:17 PM (permalink)
                                                            Sorry for the San Francisco loss.....Colin couldn't kiss his biceps this game. Go Broncos-although I just really like Seattle. What to do?

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 31 to 60 of 74

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com