The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

 Boiled Toast

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 47 of 47
Author Message
renfrew

  • Total Posts: 696
  • Joined: 4/29/2003
  • Location: Providence, RI
RE: Boiled Toast Wed, 09/22/04 2:11 PM (permalink)
Thanks very much. Sounds great! I'll try it.
 
#31
    i95

    • Total Posts: 2500
    • Joined: 7/14/2003
    • Location: Sin City, VA
    RE: Boiled Toast Wed, 09/22/04 3:07 PM (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by redtressed

    quote:
    pogophiles
    Double Cheeseburger



    687 Posts
    Posted - 09/22/2004 : 10:26:19
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    May I have a bite of your tasty milquetoast?


    Mine? or I-95's? A lot of relevancy whether you may or not, depends on your answer....


    redtressed's.
     
    #32
      redtressed

      • Total Posts: 1017
      • Joined: 5/10/2001
      • Location: Morgantown, WV
      RE: Boiled Toast Wed, 09/22/04 4:04 PM (permalink)








      quote:
      i95 Posted - 09/22/2004 : 15:07:59
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      quote:
      Originally posted by redtressed


      quote:
      pogophiles
      Double Cheeseburger



      687 Posts
      Posted - 09/22/2004 : 10:26:19
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      May I have a bite of your tasty milquetoast?



      Mine? or I-95's? A lot of relevancy whether you may or not, depends on your answer....



      redtressed's.



      We don't know that , yet, I-95....never ASSUME!
       
      #33
        Art Deco

        • Total Posts: 890
        • Joined: 6/12/2002
        • Location: Nashville, TN
        RE: Boiled Toast Thu, 09/23/04 6:59 AM (permalink)
        Redtressed, it's a Pulp Fiction riff... ("Look at the big brain on Brad"). I will admit that substituting milquetoast for a "Big Kahuna" burger is a stretch at best. But both lines would have been adressed to the same person (Brad/Redtressed)...
         
        #34
          i95

          • Total Posts: 2500
          • Joined: 7/14/2003
          • Location: Sin City, VA
          RE: Boiled Toast Thu, 09/23/04 3:23 PM (permalink)
          "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."



           
          #35
            redtressed

            • Total Posts: 1017
            • Joined: 5/10/2001
            • Location: Morgantown, WV
            RE: Boiled Toast Thu, 09/23/04 4:04 PM (permalink)
            uh huh, Rex Reed

            and......


            uh huh, Jimmy Swaggart


            thanks for clearing that up.
             
            #36
              Goose

              • Total Posts: 81
              • Joined: 9/17/2004
              • Location: Southfield, MI
              RE: Boiled Toast Thu, 09/23/04 4:24 PM (permalink)
              though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for thy milquetoast is with me.
               
              #37
                Sundancer7

                RE: Boiled Toast Thu, 09/23/04 5:03 PM (permalink)
                quote:
                Originally posted by i95

                "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."




                Sounds like pulp fiction to me

                Paul E. Smith
                Knoxville, TN

                 
                #38
                  i95

                  • Total Posts: 2500
                  • Joined: 7/14/2003
                  • Location: Sin City, VA
                  RE: Boiled Toast Thu, 09/23/04 6:43 PM (permalink)
                  quote:
                  Originally posted by Sundancer7

                  quote:
                  Originally posted by i95

                  "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."




                  Sounds like pulp fiction to me

                  Paul E. Smith
                  Knoxville, TN





                  DING-DING-DING !!!

                  We have a winner!

                  Congratulations, Sundancer. You've just one a Royale with Cheese. Thanks for playing.
                   
                  #39
                    Grampy

                    • Total Posts: 1559
                    • Joined: 10/14/2002
                    • Location: Greenfield, MA
                    RE: Boiled Toast Thu, 09/23/04 6:47 PM (permalink)
                    "Personality goes a long way..."
                     
                    #40
                      Art Deco

                      • Total Posts: 890
                      • Joined: 6/12/2002
                      • Location: Nashville, TN
                      RE: Boiled Toast Thu, 09/23/04 7:18 PM (permalink)
                      Now I'm thinkin', it could mean you're the evil man. And I'm the righteous man. And Mr.i95 here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous self in the valley of darkness. Or it could be you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. I'd like that. But that ain't the truth. The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin'. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd.
                       
                      #41
                        redtressed

                        • Total Posts: 1017
                        • Joined: 5/10/2001
                        • Location: Morgantown, WV
                        RE: Boiled Toast Thu, 09/23/04 7:53 PM (permalink)
                        Quentin Tarantino has assured me he loves you all.


                        In my ongoing quest to keep this thread somewhere near the TOPIC:


                         
                        #42
                          i95

                          • Total Posts: 2500
                          • Joined: 7/14/2003
                          • Location: Sin City, VA
                          RE: Boiled Toast Fri, 09/24/04 7:58 AM (permalink)
                          quote:
                          Originally posted by pogophiles

                          Now I'm thinkin', it could mean you're the evil man. And I'm the righteous man. And Mr. i95 here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous self in the valley of darkness. Or it could be you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. I'd like that. But that ain't the truth. The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin'. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd.



                          And just to demonstrate this whole Road Food / Pulp Fiction nexus,
                          a classic epicurean-related line from that Tarantino flick:

                          "Don't you just love it when you
                          come back from the bathroom and find
                          your food waiting for you?"
                           
                          #43
                            danimal15

                            • Total Posts: 1092
                            • Joined: 8/7/2003
                            • Location: Chicago, IL
                            RE: Boiled Toast Wed, 10/6/04 10:26 AM (permalink)
                            Sounds like baby food to me. And I've fed enough Gerber to my two kids to know I never want to try anything with that kind of consistency!
                             
                            #44
                              downtown

                              • Total Posts: 68
                              • Joined: 10/5/2004
                              • Location: Lubbock, TX
                              RE: Boiled Toast Wed, 10/6/04 10:53 AM (permalink)
                              I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one confused by it. but on a side note, of course the bread would have to be toasted first. otherwise, then it would just be boiled bread.

                              and as to cornbread, a super-hot cast iron skillet is the basic part of cooking good cornbread.

                              but then my grandaddy would soak his cornbread in a glass of buttermilk.
                               
                              #45
                                delosrios

                                • Total Posts: 3
                                • Joined: 12/1/2004
                                • Location: corpus christi, TX
                                RE: Boiled Toast Wed, 12/1/04 7:12 PM (permalink)
                                duh*****boiled toast*****I've been around a while and never have I heard of boiled toast.....maybe coffee.....I gotta tell there's a lot to be said for french toast..I'm gonna go cook...puke, boiled toast sounds like food for roaches.......
                                 
                                #46
                                  TheHotPepper.com

                                  • Total Posts: 322
                                  • Joined: 11/24/2004
                                  • Location: NY, NY
                                  RE: Boiled Toast Sun, 12/12/04 11:36 PM (permalink)
                                  Boiled toast? sounds like a soggy mess
                                   
                                  #47
                                    Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                    Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 47 of 47

                                    Jump to:

                                    Current active users

                                    There are 0 members and 2 guests.

                                    Icon Legend and Permission

                                    • New Messages
                                    • No New Messages
                                    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                    • Locked w/ New Messages
                                    • Locked w/o New Messages
                                    • Read Message
                                    • Post New Thread
                                    • Reply to message
                                    • Post New Poll
                                    • Submit Vote
                                    • Post reward post
                                    • Delete my own posts
                                    • Delete my own threads
                                    • Rate post

                                    2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com