The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Bossier City, La - Fire Mountain

FATZ

• Total Posts: 42
Bossier City, La - Fire Mountain Thu, 09/30/04 10:36 PM (permalink)
I've never heard of Fire Mountain. Hot Off the Grill, it says underneath. Looks nice. How is it? Anyone know?

leslie1787

• Total Posts: 105
    RE: Bossier City, La - Fire Mountain Sun, 10/3/04 3:09 AM (permalink)
    Fatz,
    Well, my husband is a general manager of a Fire Mountain. If you've heard of Ryan's it's the same company, just an updated concept. They are new buildings unless it's a remodel, and the new buildings are quite wonderful. The menu has been reworked a little, to include more items. The grill opens out into the dining room and you go right up to it for your steaks or whatever. No more ordering from the menu. But please, if you want a steak prepared special like blonde, or extra rare, request it and they will take care of you. As for quality,unfortunately, like any chain it all depends on the management team in place. Fire Mtn, Ryan's and Gold. Corral are all guilty of having stores out there that don't meet the grade. The Ryan's Co. used to be alot more concerned with customer service-now it's all about getting the food out with payroll constraints that are unreasonable, and worrying too much what other buffets (Golden Corral) are doing (notice how these buildings tend to look the same, and the menus copycat too). In other words the dreaded "cutting corners" looms large. I don't mean to downgrade a company that pays our bills, and the Fire Mt. that my husband runs is a good one. But, maybe not for long. He handed in his resignation two days ago, and his last days as an employee of the Ryan's group is Nov. 2.

Sundancer7

RE: Bossier City, La - Fire Mountain Sun, 10/3/04 4:13 AM (permalink)
      Leslie, is there a Fire Mountain close to knoxvlle,

Paul E. Smith
      Knoxville, TN

leslie1787

• Total Posts: 105
        RE: Bossier City, La - Fire Mountain Sun, 10/3/04 10:00 AM (permalink)
        Sundancer, the nearest Fire Mountain to Knoxville is in North Carolina. There's one in Asheboro, Salisbury, Kernersville and Albemerle. One of those is also the first Fire Mnt, not sure which. And, it is the reason for the name change. Seems they were going to put a Ryan's in that area, but there was already a steakhouse called Ryan's(privately owned and had been there for many years). So, since they couldn't legally use that name, and the property was already bought, they put their heads together and came up with the Fire Mountain concept. I think there is a ridge in that area called Fire Mountain so,thus the name, and the rustic nature reflects a lodge like atmosphere. The only Fire Mnt. in TN is Clarksville. There is also one right outside of Memphis, some in N. Georgia, a few in Louisiana, Illinois, and others I can't remember off hand. Hope this helps.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
          • Locked w/ New Messages
          • Locked w/o New Messages
          • Read Message
          • Post New Thread
          • Reply to message
          • Post New Poll
          • Submit Vote
          • Post reward post
          • Delete my own posts
          • Delete my own threads
          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com