Gould's Sugar House

Author
lvw
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 90
2003/04/30 15:40:39 (permalink)

Gould's Sugar House

Ok, I'm going to give this photo posting a try. Here are some pics from our recent excursion out to Gould's Sugar House in Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts. It was a chilly 40 degrees, overcast, windy day and we had a two hour ride on our motorcycles out there. Then, once we'd finally arrived, we were told it would be a 90 wait for a table. What were we gonna do? Turn around? Nope. Good thing there was a nice toasty (that's an understatement) fire to warm our bodies by:

Here is the sap bubbling away in its journey to syrup!

Finally, after an hour and a half, we were rewarded with a table. Funny, though, despite the throngs of hungry syrup loves waiting for a table, there were many empty tables not being cleared. Seems they must have been short of help.

Here's our long-awaited breakfast, which was at that point, lunch. I opted for the waffles. Not the overblown Belgian ones, but nice regular waffles ready to soak up butter and their own fresh syrup. In the middle of the table are corn fritters, also doused with the sweet stuff. And off to the side are the pickles. Yes, pickles. I have no idea why, but they're good and cut the sweet syrup. Craig had the pancakes, which were outstanding. We both chose sausages over bacon and it looked like these were homemade, in that they were odd-shapen and very tasty.

Full and our teeth aching from the syrup (well, at least mine were), we started off on the long cold ride home. Here we stopped for a photo at the French King Bridge on Route 2.

Not a bad way to spend the day!

Lisa

9 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1