Best tasting Restaurant in New Orleans

Author
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 13522
2003/05/01 20:55:20 (permalink)

Best tasting Restaurant in New Orleans

I had my fourth lunch today at Uglesich's in New Orleans, prounced phonetically as "Youglesich", you-gle-sich" Anthony Uglesich is Cro-ation and the place has been there for better than 50 years.

I had an assortment of: Fried Oysters settin on a bed of lettuce with some olive oil and garlic and onion. Fried green tomatoes topped with shrimp, setting on lettuce with some yummy sauce, shrimp and grits with the best sauce I have ever had. I soaked my bread in the sauce. Raw oysters, with the best sauce I have ever had. Fried shrimp with their cole slaw, which was unusal and tasty. their bloody Mary's are outta sight and Mrs. Uglesich makes every one. they use a habernaro based sauce with pickled okra. Best bloody mary I ever had. I had a couple of beers called Red Stripe. PFO.

I got there at 10:30AM and it was 11:30AM before I got a seat. Long wait, not much ambiance and the best food I hve ever had. Ever thing they sell has taste.

I got there a day before Stephen Rushmore. I believe he will report the same quality.

A couple of observations:
1: The oyster delivery man got there late and delivered about 18 sacks of oysters at 11:00AM. Mr Uglesich paid him in cash for $325.00, then personally tasted the oysters before he would release to sale which I overheard him say, "They are good for sale"
2: Mrs. Uglesich (I think) personally handles all drink orders particularly blood mary's.
3: Anthony Uglich runs the show
4: Appears all tips goes into a till
5: Property maintenance is very low
6: Food is the best I hve ever had.
7: Parking is tough
8: If you get there later than 11:00AM be prepared to wait one hour.
9: Seating arrangement is very strange. I observed several people trying to beat the system and the very efficient wait people straightened them out.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

4 Replies Related Threads

kland01s
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2835
    RE: Best tasting Restaurant in New Orleans 2003/05/02 10:50:23 (permalink)
    Every time I go to New Orleans I wind up eating multiple meals a day. Too many good places to eat and so little time! Thanks for your review, I need to get back there.
    stanpnepa
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 577
    RE: Best tasting Restaurant in New Orleans 2003/05/02 13:09:31 (permalink)
    So Paul, are you saying this was the "best food you've ever had"? The best meal you've ever had/best restaurant you've ever been too? This is HUGE PRAISE and should be noted!!!

Stephen Rushmore Jr.
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 2130
    RE: Best tasting Restaurant in New Orleans 2003/05/02 13:34:46 (permalink)
    I just got back from Uglesich 's. Delicious! I am uploading my digital photos to see how the came out. Off to Fairgrounds in a few minutes and then Mandina's for a Creole/Italian dinner.
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13522
    RE: Best tasting Restaurant in New Orleans 2003/05/02 15:27:14 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by stanpnepa

So Paul, are you saying this was the "best food you've ever had"? The best meal you've ever had/best restaurant you've ever been too? This is HUGE PRAISE and should be noted!!!

I will repeat: This is the best food I have ever had the setting ain't that great, but for sure, Mr anthony Uglesich is the supreme manager. Never have I observed a owner all over the place. The quality of each presentation is exactly the samel. OH!!! so good. Chicken, shrimp, oyster's they are all the same, but the difference is in the cookin and spice.

In my opinion, Uglesichs is the best food I have ever had!!!!!!!!

Paul E., Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1