The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Sonny's Blue Benn Diner

JDSpiedies

• Total Posts: 48
Sonny's Blue Benn Diner Thu, 10/28/04 6:39 PM (permalink)
Ahh....I was in Bennington, Vermont earlier this month to had my annual fill of Vermont Fall Foliage. I had breakfast at Sonny Blue Benn Diner. It is such a lengend. For those who have not eaten there, it is an old time diner where you wait in line to get a booth ( known as the honor system; if you take a seat at the counter, you will lose your place in line.) I had the Black Bean Omlette with Home fries and Whole Wheat toast. My mom had corned beefed hash and pached eggs. IT was a nice breakefast, If you arwe ever in Bennington, if you are just pasing through, this is one of 2 must stops in that town- the other is the Hemming Motor News Sunoco Station.

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7379
    • Roadfood Insider
    RE: Sonny's Blue Benn Diner Thu, 10/28/04 7:07 PM (permalink)
    I absolutely agree with you JD Spiedies. The Blue Benn is a treasure. I love their Blueberry Pancakes and Corned Beef Hash. Whenever I visit family in Albany, I always have at least one breakfast at the Blue Benn or at Dot's in Wilmington VT.

chezkatie

• Total Posts: 1329
      RE: Sonny's Blue Benn Diner Thu, 10/28/04 7:12 PM (permalink)
      quote:
      Originally posted by wanderingjew

I absolutely agree with you JD Spiedies. The Blue Benn is a treasure. I love their Blueberry Pancakes and Corned Beef Hash. Whenever I visit family in Albany, I always have at least one breakfast at the Blue Benn or at Dot's in Wilmington VT.

Oh what memories I have of this place. Our family has eaten here so many times and I can vouch for their corned beef hash........not many places left that have it as good as theirs

santacruz

• Total Posts: 372
        RE: Sonny's Blue Benn Diner Tue, 11/2/04 2:28 PM (permalink)
        The Blue Benn is a great place. The food is always well prepared and what a bunch of electic people..Locals, Bennington college students and staff,farmers etc. It is just a Roadfood gem.

Nothing better on a fall morning than the Blueberry pancakes with butter and maple syrup, good strong coffee and bacon. Then your ready to take on your cordwood cutting.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
          • Locked w/ New Messages
          • Locked w/o New Messages
          • Read Message
          • Post New Thread
          • Reply to message
          • Post New Poll
          • Submit Vote
          • Post reward post
          • Delete my own posts
          • Delete my own threads
          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com