Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Fries: straight vs. crinkle-cut

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 42 of 42
mousec

• Total Posts: 298
RE: Fries: straight vs. crinkle-cut Sun, 03/20/05 4:07 PM (permalink)
I went to an Irish pub last week and had thick cut fries with malted vinegar, I am a changed man. Also, I like my (thin cut) fries with warm BBQ sauce, nothing worse then dipping your fries into ice box cold sauce.

One other item of note is that I am not a big fan of cheese fries but in college (Western Illinois) we used to go to a local bar for hamburger ponies (could make a pony out of any meat but at that time this was my posion of choice). In a nutshell it was a plate covered in waffle cut fries, then burger then it was all smothered in a terrific cheese sauce. Not certain what was in that sauce but man was it good.

Jayla

• Total Posts: 53
    RE: Fries: straight vs. crinkle-cut Sun, 03/20/05 5:17 PM (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by MissKitty

quote:
    Originally posted by Jayla

I heard that Crinkle Cut Fries are Healthier because they absorb less oil due to their texture ! Is that true ??? Has anyone else heard this also ??? Let Me Know

No, they actually absorb more oil due to the increased surface area of their shape. If you are trying to eat healthier fries, stick to the thickest cut ones you can find if eating out or making them at home.
    HUH ? THEN HOW COME THE FRIES AT WHITE CASTLE (WICH ARE CRINKLE CUT FRENCH FRIES BY THE WAY) ONLY HAVE 6g OF FAT AND 115 CALORIES ??? I'M CONFUSED

dctourist

• Total Posts: 325
      RE: Fries: straight vs. crinkle-cut Sun, 03/20/05 7:34 PM (permalink)
      quote:

I heard that Crinkle Cut Fries are Healthier because they absorb less oil due to their texture ! Is that true ??? Has anyone else heard this also ??? Let Me Know

I suspect they'd absorb MORE oil because they have more surface area than regular fries...

dctourist

• Total Posts: 325
        RE: Fries: straight vs. crinkle-cut Sun, 03/20/05 7:35 PM (permalink)
        To answer the original question, as long as they aren't fried with a coating on them, straight, crinkle cut, fat, skinny, doesn't matter to me.

Jayla

RE: Fries: straight vs. crinkle-cut Fri, 04/8/05 6:32 PM (permalink)
          quote:
          Originally posted by dctourist

quote:

I suspect they'd absorb MORE oil because they have more surface area than regular fries...
          But then how come White Castle's (wich sells Crinkle Cut Fries) website says that their Small order of Fries has 115 Calories and 6g of Fat...and McDonald's Small Fries (wich are about the same size as the small from White Castle) but they have like 210 Calories and 11g of Fat ??? This is Kinda confusing

Adjudicator

• Total Posts: 5057
            RE: Fries: straight vs. crinkle-cut Fri, 04/8/05 7:02 PM (permalink)
            quote:

quote:

quote:

But then how come White Castle's (wich sells Crinkle Cut Fries) website says that their Small order of Fries has 115 Calories and 6g of Fat...and McDonald's Small Fries (wich are about the same size as the small from White Castle) but they have like 210 Calories and 11g of Fat ??? This is Kinda confusing

Hmmmm. I think "Jayla" may be a "player".

Jayla

RE: Fries: straight vs. crinkle-cut Fri, 04/8/05 7:08 PM (permalink)
              quote:
              Originally posted by Adjudicator

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hmmmm. I think "Jayla" may be a "player".

HuH ? What do ya' mean by "player" ?

MissKitty

• Total Posts: 292
                RE: Fries: straight vs. crinkle-cut Sat, 04/9/05 3:50 PM (permalink)
                quote:

quote:

quote:

I have no clue. There are no White Castles where I live, I don't go into McDonalds and I don't really go around meticulously comparing food values of different fast food items. My advice was based on general food rules ( which also applies to roast potatoes etc ie a potato cut into 2 big chunks absorbs less oil than if it were cut into several smaller chunks ). I would suggest you contact both the companies direct to get further information. But to my mind, if youre going to worry overmuch about the fat content of stuff, stay away from fast food full stop

Jayla

RE: Fries: straight vs. crinkle-cut Sat, 04/9/05 7:39 PM (permalink)
                  quote:
                  Originally posted by MissKitty

quote:

quote:

quote:

I have no clue. There are no White Castles where I live, I don't go into McDonalds and I don't really go around meticulously comparing food values of different fast food items. My advice was based on general food rules ( which also applies to roast potatoes etc ie a potato cut into 2 big chunks absorbs less oil than if it were cut into several smaller chunks ). I would suggest you contact both the companies direct to get further information. But to my mind, if youre going to worry overmuch about the fat content of stuff, stay away from fast food full stop
                  No, I'm not that worried about the fat content of the food...it's just that I don't like being deceived and I don't think anyone really likes being lied to ya know? So I was just wondereing why that info was conflicting with the info on their site but Oh well I guess we'll never know...

MissKitty

• Total Posts: 292
                    RE: Fries: straight vs. crinkle-cut Wed, 04/13/05 1:43 PM (permalink)
                    No, no one likes being lied to but hey, we're talking about multinational fast food corporations here, it comes with the territory :)

luv

• Total Posts: 22
                      RE: Fries: straight vs. crinkle-cut Sat, 05/7/05 12:51 AM (permalink)
                      quote:
                      Originally posted by scbuzz

I like thin cut fries, fried crispy and brown ! I do not care for thick and mealy fries !

me, too! but i like the mushy fries or batter-dipped fries.

lleary

• Total Posts: 1
                        RE: Fries: straight vs. crinkle-cut Sun, 07/10/05 12:58 PM (permalink)
                        Does anyone have an opinion about the "crispy" versions of french fries that are showing up in some restaurants these days? The texture seems wrong and the flavor is, well, disppointing.

Lori L.
                        Mountain Top, PA

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                          Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 42 of 42

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                          • No New Messages
                          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                          • Locked w/ New Messages
                          • Locked w/o New Messages
                          • Read Message
                          • Post New Thread
                          • Reply to message
                          • Post New Poll
                          • Submit Vote
                          • Post reward post
                          • Delete my own posts
                          • Delete my own threads
                          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com