Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Let all of the BBQ talk cease......

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 41 of 41
kilerclown

• Total Posts: 54
RE: Let all of the BBQ talk cease...... Fri, 11/12/04 11:25 AM (permalink)
Subway makes a rib sub that I eat all the time. I always order it as "a foot long fake rib on wheat."

And the Mc Lobster is actually real lobster meat but the sandwich is like a finger sandwich for $10.

Cosmos

• Total Posts: 1448
    RE: Let all of the BBQ talk cease...... Fri, 11/12/04 12:03 PM (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by tmiles

The McRib must be a boost to the pork industry. I wonder how many they sell? It keeps coming back.

You think its pork? I like to think of it as McMeat.

Wallyum

• Total Posts: 627
      RE: Let all of the BBQ talk cease...... Mon, 11/15/04 12:56 AM (permalink)
      quote:
      Originally posted by Sundancer7

quote:
      Originally posted by Wallyum

quote:
      Originally posted by Sundancer7

The McRib, although not a true rib or BBQ sandwich was not a bad tasting sandwich. It was McD's version of something. I have only had one and it was a few years ago.

The brat they served that I bought a few years ago while on a business trip was a Johnsonville Brat and I also though it was better than decent.

In The Sundancer's opinion, the biggest problem with McD's is that there are so many of them that controlling their quality is an issue.

Paul E. Smith
      Knoxville, TN

Quality? In a McD's? Today?

I am not sure what you are talking about but I gave you my personal opion of what I enjoyed. If you do not like McD's, that is OK. I happened to enjoyed what I posted. I will gladly repeat what I inidicated initially as I enjoyed the sandwich by McD;s indicating my enjoying the sandwich which is not BBQ or ribs, but as something else and being tasty.

Paul E. Smith
      Knoxville, TN

Lighten up, Paul. I was commenting on your comment about quality control and how the McDonald's franchises in my area don't seem to make that an issue anymore. Next time I'll try to remember to stick on a smiley face so that there is no mistaking what I'm trying to say.

carlton pierre

• Total Posts: 2500
        RE: Let all of the BBQ talk cease...... Tue, 11/16/04 10:11 AM (permalink)
        The McRib reminds me of a Cuban, only done McD's way, so I call it a McCuban.

carl reitz

hefried

• Total Posts: 367
          RE: Let all of the BBQ talk cease...... Sat, 11/20/04 11:17 PM (permalink)
          Has anyone read fast food nation? McRib is injected with RIB FLAVOR. EWWW.

TJ Jackson

• Total Posts: 4482
            RE: Let all of the BBQ talk cease...... Sat, 11/20/04 11:30 PM (permalink)
            yuck.

zussers

• Total Posts: 232
              RE: Let all of the BBQ talk cease...... Sat, 11/20/04 11:56 PM (permalink)
              Has anyone seen the episode of The Simpsons where Homer travels from state to state in search of the restaurant that is serving the McRib (or the Simpson's version of the McRib?) It's pretty hilarious!

wrfc5

• Total Posts: 70
                RE: Let all of the BBQ talk cease...... Mon, 12/13/04 8:58 PM (permalink)
                You know, there was actually a time that McDonalds stood for quality fast food..you could be assured of a good meal that a large family (like mine) could afford. The restaurants were spotless. Maybe 20 years ago, when I worked in one in High School, the shift manager was risking his/her job if the place wasn't spotless at all times.

This was all lost in their pell-mell expansion of the last two decades, in which McD's high management confused market share with profitability. I gave up eating there a long time ago, though my sentimental memories did not keep me from shorting their stock, once I saw their (in my opinion) short-sighted corporate strategy.

Wallyum

• Total Posts: 627
                  RE: Let all of the BBQ talk cease...... Tue, 12/14/04 12:02 AM (permalink)
                  quote:
                  Originally posted by wrfc5

You know, there was actually a time that McDonalds stood for quality fast food..you could be assured of a good meal that a large family (like mine) could afford. The restaurants were spotless. Maybe 20 years ago, when I worked in one in High School, the shift manager was risking his/her job if the place wasn't spotless at all times.

This was all lost in their pell-mell expansion of the last two decades, in which McD's high management confused market share with profitability. I gave up eating there a long time ago, though my sentimental memories did not keep me from shorting their stock, once I saw their (in my opinion) short-sighted corporate strategy.

I remember those days. Our local McD's was run by a Vietnamese gentleman who kept the place running and looking great. You occasionally had to wait for your food, but it was hot and very edible when it arrived. Things changed for the worse after I graduated high school. They tore the old place down and built one with all of the new bells and whistles and absolutely none of the old charm and cleanliness. Since I've married and started a family of my own, I can count on one hand the number of times I've walked into the replacement McD's and found the floor not in need of mopping, but with a full chute of pre-made sandwiches ready to go. Luckily my kids are of the age where they realize how bad things have gotten. We'd have to be pretty desperate to eat in a McD's for anything other than breakfast these days.

acoustic blues

• Total Posts: 86
                    RE: Let all of the BBQ talk cease...... Tue, 12/14/04 9:38 AM (permalink)
                    McBarf
                    'nuff said

AB

frankos72

• Total Posts: 21
                      RE: Let all of the BBQ talk cease...... Sat, 01/22/05 11:18 AM (permalink)
                      I had a McRib last night. Very generic smoke flavored sauce on there and I'm sure the patty is pressed pig leftovers from the trimming plant but you know what? Not bad for American fast food junk. Far better than the Filet 'o Fish I had to go with it. Which speaking of (OT Maybe) I think that McDonalds is shrinking their portions? My Fish seemed super small and the McFlurry my wife had came in a really small cup. They even insisted it was the same cup as always, but it sure looked smaller to me. It seems that the Fast Food Bar-B-Q items are in full swing here in Oklahoma as Sonic Drive in is selling s Bar-B-Q Wrap this month too.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                        Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 41 of 41

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                        • No New Messages
                        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                        • Locked w/ New Messages
                        • Locked w/o New Messages
                        • Read Message
                        • Post New Thread
                        • Reply to message
                        • Post New Poll
                        • Submit Vote
                        • Post reward post
                        • Delete my own posts
                        • Delete my own threads
                        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com