Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Little Debbie

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 47 of 47
harriet1954

• Total Posts: 1086
RE: Little Debbie Thu, 06/2/05 7:25 PM (permalink)
They're totally different from each other. I love Tastykakes (trust me I really do), but I also love certain Little Debbie cakes. Little Debbies are always reasonably priced at the supermarket. You can get a box of them for .99. When you have little money and "have to have" something like that (or to pack in the kid's lunch, whatever), they're fine. I remember many a time when my daughter was little that I bought them. I like the Zebra Cakes and Swiss Rolls most. And the holiday themed ones. Keeping it real, though, I haven't bought them in at least three years since Weight Watchers...

Tastykakes are in another league altogether and don't get me started. Butterscotch krimpets were my downfall!

octopus

• Total Posts: 264
    RE: Little Debbie Fri, 07/15/05 5:56 PM (permalink)
    Little Debbie's are a good low cost alternative. However you can't touch Drake's. Ask Seinfeld The Coffee Cake rules.

creek rat

• Total Posts: 83
      RE: Little Debbie Fri, 07/15/05 6:36 PM (permalink)
      Drake's cakes are the worst. As bad as Little Debbies are they are much better than Drake's cakes. Who cares what Seinfeld likes. He is the product of New York snobbery. Nothing I repeat nothing beats those Tasty Cakes out of good ole Philly. Case closed!!!

Buckshot

• Total Posts: 89
        RE: Little Debbie Fri, 07/15/05 8:46 PM (permalink)
        Little Debbies have been a long time favorite of mine during duck hunting season. Very few times in the last fifteen years have I gone hunting without Little Debbies in my blind bag! They are accompanied by peanut butter and crackers and Slim Jims. My lab likes all of these goodies too!!!

Buckshot

Kaileen

• Total Posts: 61
          RE: Little Debbie Sun, 10/16/05 1:46 PM (permalink)
          I've never heard of Tastykakes before now. But Little Debbies are good. We let the children pick out a box apiece that they can take for school snacks. And I usually have a box of something in my desk, along with the chocolate fudge Pop-Tarts.

kidtcha

• Total Posts: 25
            RE: Little Debbie Sat, 10/29/05 9:51 AM (permalink)
            I have to agree with you! I love both Tastykakes and Little Debbie. But only certain kinds from each brand. I haven't had a lot of the Tastykakes and use to stock up on them when I visited friends and family up in NJ/NY. Entimenn's(sp) is another "bakery" that I like. Their coffee cake was a big treat for the family when we went to visit grandpa up in NYC. They use to make a chocolate chip filled cake that I adored! I haven't seen it down here in VA for the last five years. I did get to pick up a box of it when I was in NJ last May!
            quote:
            Originally posted by shaynas_mom

They're totally different from each other. I love Tastykakes (trust me I really do), but I also love certain Little Debbie cakes. Little Debbies are always reasonably priced at the supermarket. You can get a box of them for .99. When you have little money and "have to have" something like that (or to pack in the kid's lunch, whatever), they're fine. I remember many a time when my daughter was little that I bought them. I like the Zebra Cakes and Swiss Rolls most. And the holiday themed ones. Keeping it real, though, I haven't bought them in at least three years since Weight Watchers...

Tastykakes are in another league altogether and don't get me started. Butterscotch krimpets were my downfall!

beacupcake

• Total Posts: 29
              RE: Little Debbie Fri, 07/21/06 12:26 PM (permalink)
              I grew up in MN and all we had were Little Debbies. My favorites were the Apple Spice cakes (which disappeared a few years ago) and the Swiss Cake Rolls. One summer day my best friend and I each devoured one whole box of our favorites...and I still love 'em.

roadrash

• Total Posts: 231
                RE: Little Debbie Fri, 07/21/06 2:46 PM (permalink)
                I love TastyKakes AND Little Debbies. I grew up in Maryland so my folks, bless 'em, could be finagled into getting both from time to time. Here's the Holy Grail for me:

TastyKake chocolate cupcakes
                TastyKake KandyKakes (I believe they're called Tandykakes now or sumfin)
                Little Debbie Nutty Bars

All of these culinary miracles should be refrigerated (though not frozen) prior to serving.

TJ Jackson

• Total Posts: 4482
                  RE: Little Debbie Fri, 07/21/06 5:49 PM (permalink)

Ciaoman

• Total Posts: 375
                    RE: Little Debbie Fri, 07/21/06 6:39 PM (permalink)
                    I've tried a few TastyKake products and they're certainly good. But, I prefer Drakes products. I find them a little less sweet and more to my taste. I really like their Devil Dogs and Yankee Doodles--I think they use a lot of cocoa in their mix. Little Debbies IMO don't compare with either brand as to flavor, though their reasonable price makes them a good value. Entenmann's is pushing its line of snack packets (donuts, danish), but I don't find them to be as good as the same product in their bigger packages...maybe the one I had was "old."

SassyGritsAL

• Total Posts: 1089
                      RE: Little Debbie Mon, 07/24/06 10:45 AM (permalink)
                      At a $1 a box at Dollar Tree you cant beat the price of Little Debbie's. The price at Wal-Mart for Hostess and others are $2.50 a box.

billyboy

• Total Posts: 2363
                        RE: Little Debbie Tue, 07/25/06 12:42 PM (permalink)
                        I grew up with the lunchlady at my elementary school wheeling a cart of Little Debbies around every day. They're available in most stores in NY state. I love the Nutty Bars and Star Crunches. Tastycakes have won my heart though with the Peanut Butter Kandy Kakes and Butterscotch Krimpets. I find though that I have to go down an alley, knock three times and give the password to find them in NYC. My final thought: FUNNY BONES RULE MY WORLD! My mom just sent me a care package and it was nothing but two boxes of Funny Bones taped together! When my dad was alive, he and I used to eat the Bones together and watch cartoons on his day off, so they have great memories for me.

fabulousoyster

• Total Posts: 1855
                          RE: Little Debbie Fri, 07/28/06 11:44 PM (permalink)
                          The ZEBRA CAKES are the only Little Debbie's I buy, they look so elegant and taste so wonderful for a tea.

stephiegirl

• Total Posts: 132
                            RE: Little Debbie Mon, 07/31/06 10:18 AM (permalink)
                            Has anyone tried the newest Little Debbie? They are Coconut Creme Rolls. I spotted them at Wal-Mart yesterday and they are pretty good. They look a lot like the Strawberry Shortcake Rolls except the creme inside is coconut flavored and has little pieces of coconut. I wish they still made the coconut sticks and mint sticks, both were excellent snacks!

billyboy

• Total Posts: 2363
                              RE: Little Debbie Fri, 08/4/06 3:44 AM (permalink)
                              I don't know if anybody on here lives in NYC, but I just found a treasure trove of Tastykakes at the CVS drugstore on Fulton Street in Manhattan. Its about 6 blocks from the South Street Seaport and about 5 block from Ground Zero. I live down here and went in to get photos developed. They had Butterscotch Krimpets, Jelly Krimpets, Peanut Butter Kandy Kakes (my favorite!), Chocolate Cupcakes (with chocolate icing, creme filledm white icing, Koffee Kakes (and creme filled)!

HollyDolly

• Total Posts: 1065
                                RE: Little Debbie Mon, 08/7/06 3:33 PM (permalink)
                                I think they still make the coconut rounds with the red jelly inside.I thought I saw some at both H.E.B.Grocery Store and Walmart here in town.
                                We used to buy Little Debbie's all the time.They are cheap and tasty.Also,I have seen at Walmart,Mrs.Freshly's brownies,etc.They too are pretty good.They don't sell Tastykakes here in the San Antonio area.You can by Bimbo products from Mexico,like pound cake, cupcakes,etc here.Their trade mark is a little bear.

HollyDolly

• Total Posts: 1065
                                  RE: Little Debbie Fri, 08/11/06 5:10 PM (permalink)
                                  By the way,I saw at HEB last night some new cakes from Little Debbies, they are lemon merigune rolls and coconut creme rolls.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                    Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 47 of 47

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                    • No New Messages
                                    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                    • Locked w/ New Messages
                                    • Locked w/o New Messages
                                    • Read Message
                                    • Post New Thread
                                    • Reply to message
                                    • Post New Poll
                                    • Submit Vote
                                    • Post reward post
                                    • Delete my own posts
                                    • Delete my own threads
                                    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com