Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

If we had a Roadfood convention ...

Change Page: < 123456 | Showing page 6 of 6, messages 151 to 173 of 173
Liketoeat

• Total Posts: 552
RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Tue, 10/28/03 11:52 AM (permalink)
Sorry, i95, that it apparently takes six pictures of Susannah to get your libido in gear. One will do the job for some folks.

i95

• Total Posts: 2500
    RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Tue, 10/28/03 12:01 PM (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Liketoeat

Sorry, i95, that it apparently takes six pictures of Susannah to get your libido in gear. One will do the job for some folks.

You had me at the first picture...

hilldweller

• Total Posts: 168
      RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Tue, 10/28/03 12:28 PM (permalink)
      quote:
      Originally posted by wanderingjew

Just give me Cindy Crawford anyday..I'll permanently give up food!

Different strokes for different folks fer shure!

(Not that Cindy's unappealing but I'm much more likely to have a pavlovian drool looking at Susannah's likeness than Cindy's.)

Mayhaw Man

• Total Posts: 589
        RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Tue, 10/28/03 12:32 PM (permalink)
        quote:
        Originally posted by EliseT

So, apropos of nothing...I'll be in New Orleans next week checking out wedding sites. It doesn't leave me enough time to eat, but I'll try. I do have brunch reservations at Commander's. I'm going to check out Acme as a rehearsal dinner spot (since my beloved Felix's charges 500 bucks for the private room and has been really rude to us on the phone). I also want to hit the Praline Connection and the Gumbo Pot. We may not make it to Uglesich's (sadly), but you never know...

I am available for a connection at the Praline Connection. Love those Chicken Livers and Rice. Finish it off with a little bread pudding and I am good for a two hour nap.

EliseT

• Total Posts: 2849
          RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Tue, 10/28/03 1:31 PM (permalink)
          Are you around on Halloween? I'll email you.

i95

RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Tue, 10/28/03 3:16 PM (permalink)
            I'd just like to take this opportunity to point-out that while a current Road Food thread is bemoaning the gross lack of variety (re. ice cream) that one need look no further than THIS particular thread if you want variety as this thread (which started about the merits of a Road Food convention) included the following topics (seriously):

Bump& Grind strip dancing
            the Pandoras
            Airstream trailers
            Susannah Hoffs
            Hungarian-style hotdogs
            Pending marriages (EliseT's)
            Road Food "chapters"

and Libidos...

...before rightfully concluding on a discussion about chicken livers.

Varietal Rood Fooders Rejoice !!!!!

EliseT

RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Tue, 10/28/03 7:38 PM (permalink)
              Yeah, I have to laugh whenever anybody tries to take anybody else to task for getting off topic...we ALL go off topic, which is one of the joys of this site. Food touches every aspect of life, and vice-versa (in this case, vice).

-Elise, who is often so far off topic she needs 2 transfers and a ferry to get back.

BigGlenn

RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Tue, 10/28/03 8:39 PM (permalink)
                My Dog likes Chicken Livers.....What does your Pet like to eat?

(This should throw them off in a different direction for a while)

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6227
                  RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Tue, 10/28/03 9:19 PM (permalink)
                  OK children! The topic is.............wait, I know the answer to this I think. Well, maybe not. Anyone wanting to participate in a Mini Roadfood Convention should meet up with SO and myself in NOLA the weekend of Nov. 21-23. Let's get this show on the road! I know y'all are not gonna want to meet in Alaska!

hermitt4d

• Total Posts: 367
                    RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Wed, 10/29/03 1:40 AM (permalink)
                    Thank you, lleechef, for putting your foot down and kicking this thing into gear, to mix a metaphor or two. I have always found autumn to be a pleasant time to visit NOLA. I going to see if I can make it that weekend, tho most likely only for Fri-Sat.

Jeeves, my appointment book, right this minute .

EliseT

RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Wed, 10/29/03 3:02 AM (permalink)
                      Darn...I'll be there a month too early!

lleechef

RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Wed, 10/29/03 11:53 AM (permalink)
                        Let's call it lunch at Mother's on Sat. Nov. 22 (Uglesich's is closed on the weekends, drat!). Anyone in the area is welcome to join us for a po'boy or a debris or soft-shelled crabs.......OK, I'm gonna get in trouble with this, but, what the heck.....WE'LL BUY THE BEER!! PARTY!!

Mayhaw Man

• Total Posts: 589
                          RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Wed, 10/29/03 12:02 PM (permalink)
                          I'll be there.

And as far as Elise and her little scheduling problem, New Orleans is full of people who came for the weekend and stayed forever. She might be here, you never know.

I am looking forward to the chance to meet a few of these congenial people with whom I keep up this mostly food related and mosty witty repartee.

Ans Illechef, check your weapons at the door. We'll try and keep it friendly.

scbuzz

• Total Posts: 844
                            RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Wed, 10/29/03 12:06 PM (permalink)
                            Buying the beer !!! WOWZERS !! Now that is some offer !!!!

Maybe I'll think hard on that one ...........

Say then later can we all meet up with you in Alaska ??? We can drink beer, shoot .50 caliber guns and TAUNT grizzly's. OK, the taunting of the grizzly's might not be such a good idea !!! But we can always say we did and don't !!!

lleechef

RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Wed, 10/29/03 12:09 PM (permalink)
                              Aw shucks, Mayhaw, I was gonna show up with holsters and chaps and try to live up to my Annie Oakley reputation. Ok, I'll check 'em at the door.......but.......I'm still buying the beer!!

lleechef

RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Wed, 10/29/03 12:16 PM (permalink)
                                clothier, get outta MI and down to NOLA! And while you're at it, bring me anything in a size 4.

hilldweller

RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Wed, 10/29/03 12:16 PM (permalink)
                                  quote:
                                  Originally posted by clothier

There must be something wrong with me. i just spent 5 minutes on MrSkin.com trying to find a link to the topless photo they have of Susanna Hoffs from the movie she did that her mom directed. Anyway, I couldn't get it to work.
                                  Sorry. But you can go see it for your self.

Waitaminutehere. Is there something wrong with you because you only spent five minutes, or because you wasted five too many minutes?

There must be something really, really wrong with me because I'd probably spend much more than five minutes to dig up a topless photo of Susannah!

hilldweller

RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Wed, 10/29/03 12:50 PM (permalink)
                                    quote:

quote:
                                    Originally posted by hilldweller

quote:

There must be something wrong with me. i just spent 5 minutes on MrSkin.com trying to find a link to the topless photo they have of Susanna Hoffs from the movie she did that her mom directed. Anyway, I couldn't get it to work.
                                    Sorry. But you can go see it for your self.

Waitaminutehere. Is there something wrong with you because you only spent five minutes, or because you wasted five too many minutes?

There must be something really, really wrong with me because I'd probably spend much more than five minutes to dig up a topless photo of Susannah!

Wrong with me as in I couldn't get the *&%$@ thing to work.

I just tried to dig something up on mrskin. I gave it my best google shot but came up empty 'cause they send you around in circles trying to get you to pay for the stuff.

Here's a picture of the boxcover for the movie:
                                    [url='http://images.amazon.com/images/P/6305537534.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg']The Allnighters[/url]

Oh and I realized that I've been misspelling her name, it's Susanna Hoffs according to the official thebangles.com web site.

Kristi S.

• Total Posts: 712
                                      RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Wed, 10/29/03 4:25 PM (permalink)
                                      I just got the most ridiculous junk e-mail. It said, and I quote:

"What happens when you take a camera and some money to a trailer park?"

I didn't dare read any further.

lleechef

RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Fri, 10/31/03 7:41 AM (permalink)
                                        scbuzz, you heard right, I'm buying the beer in NOLA. As for coming on up to Alaska, we have a place as big as a lodge so bring lots of friends and yes you can shoot the .50 caliber, I would like to see someone else besides yours truly fall on their arse! SO is 6'3" and weighs 220 so just nuttin is knockin that big Iowegian farm boy over. As for TAUNTING grizz........um.......I'm not sure this is very wise as they tend to be usually in VERY BAD MOODS and just generally want to rip your head off and eat you. Roadfood (roadkill?) for bears. It can get ugly. We just recently had an incident up here with a certain knucklehead from CA named Timothy Treadwell who liked to "live amongst the grizz". Well said knucklehead set up his tent on the path from the brush to the river where grizz like to dine on salmon. Unfortunately said knucklehead (and even MORE unfortunately his knuckleheaded girlfriend) ended up being dinner. Literally. So if you come to Alaska I'll still buy the beer, put the moose steaks on the grill and we can, well, view the grizz from a distance.

scbuzz

• Total Posts: 844
                                          RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Fri, 10/31/03 8:24 AM (permalink)
                                          Sounds like a deal !!!

I read about that guy who thought he was a grizzly's friend .... ah yes ... sounds like a little cleaning of the ole gene pool !!!!

Say !!! BTW ... what wine (or whine) goes best with a Moose steak ????

Oh yeah and about the .50 caliber .... as I said in an earlier post ... I done shot one of them WMD !!!! Fool me once shame on you ... Fool me twice, just ain't gonna happen !!!!

lleechef

RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Fri, 10/31/03 8:46 AM (permalink)
                                            The best whine for moose is......."I wanna go to Miami".....oh, no, that's a different joke. Actually we prefer moose over beef and venison. It's very lean, very delicious. Um, right now I'm thinking a Rodney Strong Pinot Noir.

i95

RE: If we had a Roadfood convention ... Thu, 11/6/03 2:14 PM (permalink)
                                              Sorry...I just wanted to see my photos again. By the way, buy my new album, "Doll Revolution."

Toodles,

- Susannah Hoffs

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                Change Page: < 123456 | Showing page 6 of 6, messages 151 to 173 of 173

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                • No New Messages
                                                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                • Read Message
                                                • Post New Thread
                                                • Reply to message
                                                • Post New Poll
                                                • Submit Vote
                                                • Post reward post
                                                • Delete my own posts
                                                • Delete my own threads
                                                • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com