The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Cincinnati-Style Chili in San Diego

rochelle_w

• Total Posts: 2
Cincinnati-Style Chili in San Diego Fri, 12/3/04 11:50 PM (permalink)
Nearly every Sunday my dad used to treat us kids to "Coneys," but when in 1974, when I was 11, we left Greater Cincinnati and I've missed Cincy-style chili ever since. Though I have ordered canned Dixie Chili by mail, sadly, as also mentioned by other posters, Dixie Chili isn't like it used to be.

Well, lo and behold, today I found a new little restaurant here in San Diego that offers Cincinnati-Style Chili. The place is called "CinCity Chili" and it had its grand opening today. Besides the two-three-four-five way chili, there are coneys, which they call "City Dogs." Their chili is more Cincinnati-style than Dixie Chili (canned version, at least) now is. I was told that the owner is from Cincinnati and many people tell him his chili is similar to Skyline. I never got a chance to try Skyline, but this San Diego version is really good!

The restaurant is on El Cajon Blvd, 1 mile from San Diego State University, where I attend college. By the way, CinCity Chili's website, www.cincitychili.net, has a 2 for 1 coupon offer (expires February 2005) which can be printed off the computer.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com