The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Biscuitville

Adjudicator

• Total Posts: 5055
Biscuitville Mon, 12/13/04 3:28 PM (permalink)

I certainly do not want to start another thread about fast food, BUT has anyone ever heard of this place? It certainly SEEMS appealing...

www.biscuitville.com

Lone Star

• Total Posts: 1730
    RE: Biscuitville Mon, 12/13/04 3:50 PM (permalink)
    I haven't, but it sounds good. Fresh, hot biscuits every 20 minutes!

Scarlett

• Total Posts: 402
      RE: Biscuitville Mon, 12/13/04 4:23 PM (permalink)
      I have tried B'ville and always enjoyed it. Super breakfast biscuits and coffee - at least I think so.

CENTRALVA

• Total Posts: 17
        RE: Biscuitville Mon, 12/13/04 4:43 PM (permalink)
        We have Biscuitville's here in Lynchburg, Va, and they have always been good. Lot's of selection.Grits,eggs any way, several different types of potatoes, fried apples,and of course great biscuits.

Tony Bad

RE: Biscuitville Mon, 12/13/04 4:54 PM (permalink)
          quote:

I certainly do not want to start another thread about fast food, BUT has anyone ever heard of this place? It certainly SEEMS appealing...

www.biscuitville.com

I have a problem with this post...that being I am no where near a place to get good biscuits...especially hot ones every 20 minutes!

redtressed

• Total Posts: 1017
            RE: Biscuitville Mon, 12/13/04 5:27 PM (permalink)
            Alright......I'll deny it to chezkatie, wj, meowzart, the Sterns et al and claim that my doppelganger posted this....

I love Biscuitville. My estimation is that they have stuck to their original concept and Mom and Pop beginnings and offer some darn authentic southern style goodies. I sure hope they can continue to offer the goodness and quality that they do. Also......even with the cookie cutter sameness of ambience.....I still don't get as much of a "chain" feel as with most places, similar to the uniqueness of Cracker Barrel when it FIRST....(again READ..FIRST) started out. It is a place that I would tell the most ardent of chain despisers, this ain't the same kind of animal at all.

addendum: btw check their career corner link on their site. Some nice benefits, bonuses , salaries and educational emphasis there.

rpalmer1

• Total Posts: 55
              RE: Biscuitville Mon, 12/13/04 6:27 PM (permalink)
              When I lived in North Carolina I ate at Biscuitville at least four times a week. Three Butter biscuit with jelly, and one steak, egg and chesse biscuit. they were all good. Fridays were a good day. Biscuitville for breakfast, lunch at K & W and dinner at Bell Brothers. thanks for reminding me how much I miss going to Biscuitville. also their tooth picks had the most mint flavor of any tooth pick i ever tried.

Adjudicator

• Total Posts: 5055
                RE: Biscuitville Mon, 12/13/04 7:02 PM (permalink)
                quote:
                Originally posted by rpalmer1

When I lived in North Carolina I ate at Biscuitville at least four times a week. Three Butter biscuit with jelly, and one steak, egg and chesse biscuit. they were all good. Fridays were a good day. Biscuitville for breakfast, lunch at K & W and dinner at Bell Brothers. thanks for reminding me how much I miss going to Biscuitville. also their tooth picks had the most mint flavor of any tooth pick i ever tried.

From the looks of the place; I think I would partake of their offerings quite frequently. Alas, this is obviously a quite limited regional chain (hmm... regional chain... where did I hear that phrase before??? ). Anyways, appears I am again out 'o luck; living here in S. Southern Georgia...

yumbo

• Total Posts: 330
                  RE: Biscuitville Mon, 12/13/04 9:23 PM (permalink)
                  My salivary glands are throbbing.

It sounds like a biscuit version of Krispy Kreme, only better.

Scarlett

• Total Posts: 402
                    RE: Biscuitville Mon, 12/13/04 10:35 PM (permalink)
                    At this time, there is not a B'ville in the city that I live in but when I'm out and about I always try to hit one in the morning. There is a Biscuit Co. that is similar - does any one know if these companies are 'related' in any way?

Route 11

• Total Posts: 752
                      RE: Biscuitville Sun, 12/26/04 9:37 PM (permalink)
                      Okay...I have to go to Lynchburg on Wednesday. I'll have to pass up Sonic and try these folks.
                      Jeez, Lynchburg is restaurant poor. I asked someone where all the locals eat and was told Shakers. ???????? Sounds like the DT's to me.

UncleVic

• Total Posts: 6025
                        • Roadfood Insider
                        RE: Biscuitville Sun, 12/26/04 10:25 PM (permalink)
                        Wish I had a convienient Biscuitville in my town! Menu looked tasty! But, nothing like that around here.... yet....

Tristan Indiana

• Total Posts: 328
                          RE: Biscuitville Fri, 12/31/04 11:01 AM (permalink)
                          The last time I visited my brother in Raleigh, I noticed there were three different restaurants that had Biscuits in their name within a couple of miles from his house. I figured it to be a southern thing since I've not seen that type of restaurant in any other part of the country. I should have stopped at one of them, fresh hot biscuits sound good this morning.

lamertz

• Total Posts: 290
                            RE: Biscuitville Mon, 01/10/05 10:24 PM (permalink)
                            I recently discovered Biscuitville as part of my family moved to Raleigh. We all love biscuits and find those served there to be very fresh and tasty. Love the smoked sausage biscuits the best. Great sweet tea too. My only complaint is the"butter" they use. It's a nasty substitute used all too frequently in the restaurant biz these days. Called "Swirl" Yuk!

spaniel

• Total Posts: 99
                              RE: Biscuitville Thu, 01/13/05 11:55 PM (permalink)
                              quote:
                              Originally posted by Tony BadI have a problem with this post...that being I am no where near a place to get good biscuits...especially hot ones every 20 minutes!

Ditto for me! And yet I am mere steps away from a Dunkin Donuts AND a McD's...sigh...

familydok

• Total Posts: 231
                                • Location: Harrells & Topsail B,NC & Murrells Inlet,SC
                                RE: Biscuitville Fri, 01/14/05 6:50 AM (permalink)
                                Yes, Biscuitville is good. In 2003 on a trip from Charlotte to Raleigh on Christmas Day, it was the only place we found open to get breakfast. Talk about a long line!!

trolasater

• Total Posts: 71
                                  RE: Biscuitville Thu, 01/27/05 11:09 AM (permalink)
                                  The Biscuitville in Raleigh, NC is now "experimenting" with corned beef hash. They've just added a corned beef hash breakfast bowl which has grits, scrambled egg, and corned beef hash with a buttered biscuit and jelly for $2.99.

fcbaldwin

• Total Posts: 388
                                    RE: Biscuitville Fri, 01/28/05 2:22 PM (permalink)
                                    quote:
                                    Originally posted by Route 11

Okay...I have to go to Lynchburg on Wednesday. I'll have to pass up Sonic and try these folks.
                                    Jeez, Lynchburg is restaurant poor. I asked someone where all the locals eat and was told Shakers. ???????? Sounds like the DT's to me.

Route 11,

There's a pretty good roadfood type place in Lynchburg out on Timberlake Rd. just before you get to the Rt 460 bypass called The Koffee Kup. We've had lunch there and it was crowded with locals. Daily blue plate specials, etc. We enjoyed it.
                                    (sorry this is off the topic of Biscuitville.)

Frank

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                      • No New Messages
                                      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                      • Locked w/ New Messages
                                      • Locked w/o New Messages
                                      • Read Message
                                      • Post New Thread
                                      • Reply to message
                                      • Post New Poll
                                      • Submit Vote
                                      • Post reward post
                                      • Delete my own posts
                                      • Delete my own threads
                                      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com