The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

fugi restaurant pawcatuck CT, WARNING

pezones

• Total Posts: 1
fugi restaurant pawcatuck CT, WARNING Wed, 01/5/05 1:45 PM (permalink)
I dine out at least five times a week, (a large amount of this being Asian cuisine), and have managed several restaurants. This is, buy far, the most insulting and unprofessional dining experience I have ever had.

After waiting a good amount of time for the sushi appetizer to arrive, followed by another wait for the dinner, the chicken teriyaki I received with my meal was burnt tasting and inedible. The waitress did not check back until the meal was almost finished, and when she asked how everything was, I told her the chicken was no good. After giving me a rude look, and not asking if I was finished with the rest of the meal, she removed my plate. She asked me what I wanted to do about it; I told her an adjustment to the check would be fine. She returned with the bill, said nothing, and left. Nothing was adjusted with the bill; I got the waitresses attention again and asked her about the bill. She told me she told the chef/owner what I said, and he wanted to know what I wanted to do. Didn’t I already tell her?

Here is the part that still shocks me. The chef/owner comes over to the table to ask me what is wrong and what I would like done. I told him the chicken tasted burnt, and to adjust the bill to reflect the chicken or make another for me to take home. This is when he began his 5-minute confrontation with me. First he began to accuse me of being full and not being able to finish my meal. Then he repeatedly and emphatically tells me that he made this chicken himself and it is perfect, PERFECT! At this point I can barely contain my anger and my dining partner is in shock. He goes on to tell me I have never eaten in his restaurant before, this is how it is, and other nonsense. Finally, after staring at me blankly for almost a minute, like I am insane he walks off. The waitress come back again with a non adjusted bill and a gift certificate for $4.95; after I told him that I would definitely not be coming back to his restaurant after the way he had tread me.

I paid the bill and left the certificate. Never in my life as a consumer have I been treated so poorly and rudely.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com