The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Italian Wedding soup

The Travelin Man

• Total Posts: 3699
Italian Wedding soup Sun, 01/16/05 5:57 PM (permalink)
This is one of those commodities that I cannot seem to find in a restaurant that lives up to what Mom used to make. I am sure that she doctored her own recipe to accommodate my own tastes, as her soup had pieces of chicken in addition to the little meat balls.

My questions are two fold -- have you ever found a place that serves phenomenal Italian Wedding Soup? Or...can you help me come up with a way to make my own?

Here is my cooking caveat -- I can follow directions really well, but when I go off on my own, I get into trouble. I tried to make it once with a girlfriend who boiled the chicken and made the broth for me (I had butchered this on several occasions prior), but the end result was not nearly what I had hoped. I am not inclined to cook another chicken from scratch this way, but I purchased a product at the supermarket called "Better than Buillion." I would like to use this, a Publix rotisserie chicken, escarole, my own meatball recipe, orzo pastas, and grated romano cheese. To anyone who can take my ingredients and turn them into a workable recipe, I would be eternally grateful.

Steve

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com