The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Fatburger Expansion

johnb

• Total Posts: 7
Fatburger Expansion Wed, 03/2/05 2:10 PM (permalink)
According to Fatburger's website, they have a number of new locations coming, basically all across the country. These are franchised stores. They already have several such stores opened way outside of California and LV, including Pittsburgh, Hampdon Roads, New Orleans, Clearwater, etc etc. Has anyone eaten in any of these new stores, especially in the east or midwest, and how does the quality seem to be?

Below is a link to their location map.

http://www.fatburger.net/map2/index.html

TJ Jackson

• Total Posts: 4482
    RE: Fatburger Expansion Wed, 03/2/05 2:45 PM (permalink)
    None have yet opened in Cincinnati, but Cincinnati Bengals All-Pro tackle Willie Anderson has opened at least one Fatburger location in Atlanta GA and has rights to open additional locations here in Cincinnati. I expect we'll see them in about a year or so, and am really looking forward to it.

signman

• Total Posts: 1743
      RE: Fatburger Expansion Wed, 03/2/05 3:17 PM (permalink)
      I ate at the one in Clearwater a few weeks ago. The Hamburger was very good. Everything is cooked to order so you have a wait of 5 - 10 minutes for your food. The truly fresh lemonade was a suprise and is what I remember most. In fact the very next day, I was at the food court in the International Mall in Tampa and I again had their lemonade. The Tampa location did not appear as appealing as the one in Clearwater. Not so cheap, though it is good and you get what you pay for.

QFan

• Total Posts: 641
        RE: Fatburger Expansion Wed, 03/2/05 3:41 PM (permalink)
        quote:
        Originally posted by signman

I ate at the one in Clearwater a few weeks ago. The Hamburger was very good. Everything is cooked to order so you have a wait of 5 - 10 minutes for your food. The truly fresh lemonade was a suprise and is what I remember most. In fact the very next day, I was at the food court in the International Mall in Tampa and I again had their lemonade. The Tampa location did not appear as appealing as the one in Clearwater. Not so cheap, though it is good and you get what you pay for.

I have felt for years that the east coast has a great shortage of really good, available "California burger" type places (i.e., In N Out, Fat Burger, Farmer Boy, Boll Weevil, etc). I'm really pleased that we're beginning to see them moving east. I've posted before that one of the main reasons why Hardees hamburgers are starting to get good reviews is because they are run by Carl's Jr, a California chain.

QFan
        Bonita Springs, FL

drpep

• Total Posts: 335
          RE: Fatburger Expansion Thu, 03/3/05 9:48 PM (permalink)
          I have not been to a Fatburger since 1997. I keep waiting for the "coming soon" East coast outlets to open.

Vince Macek

• Total Posts: 855
            RE: Fatburger Expansion Sat, 04/23/05 8:47 AM (permalink)
            I went to the new Fatburger in Buckhead, Atlanta last week - business was brisk. The milkshake was superb. Quite nice burger, a bit well-done for my taste though (perhaps a health requirement), bun had some good substance to it. I'll certainly go back to try other items like their onion rings - their selling quality merits return business.

QFan

• Total Posts: 641
              RE: Fatburger Expansion Sat, 04/23/05 9:10 AM (permalink)
              My Beating Heart Be Still!!! I just went to the Fatburger web site and learned they are opening up one in Naples--about 10 mins from my house. We have also just recently gotten a Steak N Shake nearby. I can now officially declare that we are no longer the backwater for availability of good burger choices. Oh joy!

QFan
              Bonita Springs, FL

ULVER

• Total Posts: 226
                RE: Fatburger Expansion Thu, 05/5/05 5:32 PM (permalink)
                I just tried the Fat Burger that opened in Atlanta. It was a Saturday night, and they were hoping. I thought the staff was good, at being helpful, and the service was friendly. Burger and fries got there in no time. After a few bites, an employee came over to ask me if everything was to my liking. I watched several other staffers, do the same at other tables. Good PR.

The burger itself was good. Hot and tasty. The fries were cooked perfectly. However, I've become spoiled with Checker's seasoned fries. I found myself getting up for the Tabasco sauce. The lemonade looked fresh ala Chick Filet, but I had soda.

Atlanta's best burgers, are still from local non-chain mom&pop's. However, Fat Burger has a good product, and so-far good service. Still, this burger didn't topple my current chain favorite. The last two I have had from Johnny Rocket's were superb. I will return to Fat Burger, with my sidekick, and get a second opinion.

One thing that I didn't like: A box for tips. When one was offered, the cashier hollered out, "Fat tip!" And all the employes said "thanks." Sometimes, I think the tip think is getting out of hand.

GB944

• Total Posts: 191
                  RE: Fatburger Expansion Thu, 05/5/05 6:27 PM (permalink)
                  Surprisingly, I stumbled across a Fatburger at the Palisades Park Mall in Nyack, NY today. I went for the Fatburger w/ cheese and the Fat Fries and soda... Not bad, fresh made burger, nicely done...

I was actually thinking of finding the Cheeburger, Cheeburger franchise in the same mall, and thought to myself, whichever one I run across first...

I even asked for the frequent fatburger card (buy 8 and get one free).

I'll be back...

gb

ULVER

RE: Fatburger Expansion Thu, 05/5/05 6:42 PM (permalink)
                    quote:
                    Originally posted by GB944

Surprisingly, I stumbled across a Fatburger at the Palisades Park Mall in Nyack, NY today. I went for the Fatburger w/ cheese and the Fat Fries and soda... Not bad, fresh made burger, nicely done...

I was actually thinking of finding the Cheeburger, Cheeburger franchise in the same mall, and thought to myself, whichever one I run across first...

I even asked for the frequent fatburger card (buy 8 and get one free).

I'll be back...

gb

I didn't know "Cheeseburger Cheeseburger" was a chain? I have only seen one. In downtown Chattanooga, TN. It's been there for quite a few years. I thought it was mom&pop. Couldn't find a website for them. Anything special about the food?

drpep

• Total Posts: 335
                      RE: Fatburger Expansion Thu, 05/5/05 6:54 PM (permalink)
                      www.cheeburgercheeburger.com
                      Nothing special about the food, it is good. I just learned there was one in Rochester,NY so I went up Tues. This trip made it about my 8th time eating at one. Likely won't go back to the Rochester one any time soon because Bill Grays and Tom Wahls have better burgers in Rochester and serve crinkle cut fries.

ULVER

RE: Fatburger Expansion Thu, 05/5/05 7:34 PM (permalink)
                        quote:
                        Originally posted by drpep

www.cheeburgercheeburger.com
                        Nothing special about the food, it is good. I just learned there was one in Rochester,NY so I went up Tues. This trip made it about my 8th time eating at one. Likely won't go back to the Rochester one any time soon because Bill Grays and Tom Wahls have better burgers in Rochester and serve crinkle cut fries.

Thanks for the link! The place looks pretty interesting. I was impressed with all the toppings available... I might try it the next time I'm in Chattanooga. The locations around the country are few and far between. Chattanooga is one of the larger cities I saw listed.

michaelgemmell

• Total Posts: 673
                          RE: Fatburger Expansion Fri, 05/6/05 1:03 PM (permalink)
                          I don't think I'd refer to them as a "California" chain, since all the locations listed for CA are only in the LA area. We visit LA frequently and have never seen one.

Tommy2dogs

• Total Posts: 348
                            RE: Fatburger Expansion Fri, 05/6/05 6:52 PM (permalink)
                            The original Cheeburger is located in Sanabel Island. I ate there several years ago and had a good experience and enjoyed the burger. A franchise opened near me here in Texas about a year ago. Ate there once. Fod was ok but nothing to write home about, found it to be very expensive. While they do offer numerous toppings at no extra charge, Grilled onions will set you back another buck. ( Gues you expect to pay more when you are on vacation as I was on Sanabel.) If will be interesting to see if they survive as KIncaid's just opened a second locationright down the strret. For those not familiar with Kincaid's
                            http://www.fwculture.com/kincaids.htm

swillard

• Total Posts: 11
                              RE: Fatburger Expansion Sun, 05/22/05 4:11 PM (permalink)
                              Went to the Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger site just to look at it and found out there's one in Columbus. It must be fairly new, can't wait to try it out. I love the variety of shakes as well as toppings for your burgers.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                • No New Messages
                                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                • Locked w/ New Messages
                                • Locked w/o New Messages
                                • Read Message
                                • Post New Thread
                                • Reply to message
                                • Post New Poll
                                • Submit Vote
                                • Post reward post
                                • Delete my own posts
                                • Delete my own threads
                                • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com