Steak preparation advice

Author
Soong
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 5
2005/03/15 13:16:31 (permalink)

Steak preparation advice

hello everyone,

I have been reading through these threads about all these mouth watering steak recipes and cooking techniques and i am very impressed by everyones knowledge of steak, here is my situation. My parents have been in the restaurant business (chinese restaurant) for over 20 years. We have been very successful in the past but have recently switched to a buffet format. after the switch we lost alot of our regular customers and are slowly losing more and more customers. I came up with the idea of offering a selection of steaks to try and draw in a different crowd. So now i have to prepare a steak for my parents to try and see if they like it. i am not sure if you guys are aware of the kind of pans we use but they are cast iron woks over a gas fire and we also have a heated table top (not sure what they are called) like the japanese use to cook on the tables. what do you think is best to use to cook steak? we plan on using a variety of steaks like ribeye, tbone, and ny strip. How would you reccommend we prep and season? i was thinking of a little marinade with soysauce and OJ then coat the pan with butter or oil and pan fry it with salt and ground pepper, remove steak and let it sit on a plate under some aluminum foil for a few minutes. then addiding some red wine, mushrooms,chopped garlic and black pepper sauce to the pan, let it reduce a little and then pour over the steak. what do you think? any other good chinese style steaks? sauces? any help would be greatly appreciated. if you live in the miami area let me know and maybe i can arrange a tasting for people on this board. thanks for everything in advance.

25 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1