The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Cold Stone- VERY disappointing product

LauraB706

• Total Posts: 1
Cold Stone- VERY disappointing product Fri, 04/8/05 3:15 AM (permalink)
Pros
Feel like a kid in a candy store. Fun toppings & combo ideas.

Cons
Artificially tasting "ice cream", strange GUMMY texture. Overpriced for what you get.

The Bottom Line
Don't bother. Poor quality ingredients.

Great concept.
Bad delivery of the end product.

When I walked into the store, I "thought" I came across a real gem. Approx 15 choices of ice cream, almost every topping/garnish imaginable. Creative combinations. Hand-mixed as you watch.

The first clue this wasn't all it was cracked up to be is when they gave me a taste of their base 'ice cream'. Odd gummy texture, didn't have the mouth feel of real ice cream, with strange artificially butter flavoring. (Was this their way of disguising there was very little REAL butterfat/cream in their product?) I quickly tried to dismiss this, since I REALLY wanted to treat myself. But alas, if you start with an inferior base product, and add artificially tasting chocolate chips and cheap caramel sauce and cookie dough, you going to get a mish-mash of inferior flavors and an unsatisfying dessert. Their concept of "trying" to doctor it up with all the garnishes, just failed.

I'd put this in the same catagory with the Cheese Cake Factory and the Olive Garden. They try to win you over with all the decadent choices, but use inferior ingredients. End result =GIGO (Garbage in, Garbage Out).

Very disappointing. I do not recommend this to anyone with above average tastebuds.

Recommended
No

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com