The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Burger Depot in Memphis --GREAT!

Bobs

• Total Posts: 244
Burger Depot in Memphis --GREAT! Sat, 04/16/05 6:55 PM (permalink)
My brother, better known as Bobs II, and I usually spend our Saturdays trying West Tn barbeque .Today we came upon the Burger Depot on Summer Ave. in Memphis where we had heard about the great burgers they served. What a pleasant surprise! They serve Black Angus ground chuck that they cook on a grill to perfection. They have at least 30 condiments that you can select from. The burger comes to you hot off the grill with all the toppings you ordered. The burger is big, 1/3 pound, and placed on a homemade bun. What a feast! They also serve fries and the usual sides. The staff is friendly and makes you feel at home. This my kind of "roadfood" place. If you live in the area or traveling through you need to try it. We will be back soon.

tiki

• Total Posts: 4135
    RE: Burger Depot in Memphis --GREAT! Sun, 04/17/05 2:29 AM (permalink)
    Well--i KNOW your taste in Que is impeccable so i am looking forwqard to trying this burger next time through Memphis!

Lavanda

• Total Posts: 111
      RE: Burger Depot in Memphis --GREAT! Sun, 04/17/05 11:01 AM (permalink)
      quote:
      Originally posted by Bobs

They have at least 30 condiments that you can select from.

Can you share please what condiments?

Bobs

• Total Posts: 244
        RE: Burger Depot in Memphis --GREAT! Sun, 04/17/05 8:55 PM (permalink)
        In response to your question Lavanda , I will try to list the items. Thank goodness I brought a take out menu home. Here goes ! 4 kinds of ketchup, 7 kinds of mustard, sloiced tomato, diced tomato,white and redonions,sliced and diced,dill pickles, sweet pickles,pickle spears, jalapenos, chili.several kinds of relish,different kinds of lettuce,sour cream, salsa,several kinds of sliced cheese, shredded cheese, black olives, green olives, coleslaw, guacamole, several kinds of peppers, mushrooms, sport peppers, sauerkraut, pineapple and sprouts, crumbled blue cheese,etc. All of the toppings are in front of you,something like subway. They are able to take the ingredients and grill them, whateverthe combination,and it all ends up on a freshly grilled burger. You can have whatever ingredients you want and they can be placed on the burger either hot or cold.
        The key to the process is having good personnel who can make it happen. The finished product is delicious! The price is approx. 4.25. It is big enough toi split. They also have a smaller version.

janine_willis

• Total Posts: 34
          RE: Burger Depot in Memphis --GREAT! Sun, 04/24/05 10:29 PM (permalink)
          Where is this place? I live in the area and have never heard of it.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages
            • Locked w/o New Messages
            • Read Message
            • Post New Thread
            • Reply to message
            • Post New Poll
            • Submit Vote
            • Post reward post
            • Delete my own posts
            • Delete my own threads
            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com