The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Excellent Place for Breakfast

PeggyB14

• Total Posts: 4
Excellent Place for Breakfast Sat, 04/30/05 4:45 PM (permalink)
I am a waitress at Granma's House of Pancakes. It's in Eastpointe Michigan. On 9 Mile between Gratiot and Kelly. We have the best pancakes, waffles, crepes, and blintzs around. We are open daily from 6am to 3:30 pm. Come check us out. Peggy

Ort. Carlton.

• Total Posts: 3589
    RE: Excellent Place for Breakfast Sat, 04/30/05 6:21 PM (permalink)
    Dearfolk,
    Sounds good. I wonder what local specialties they have on their menu? Obviously this is, like, 10 miles from downtown Detroit.
    One of my favorite breakfast places is The Landmark Diner on Central Avenue in Charlotte, North Carolina, where they will make you a livermush and feta cheese omelette without the blink of an eye. A dollop or three of Texas Pete Hot Sauce and you've got yourself arguably the best breakfast available in Charlotte.
    My favorite Atlanta place remains The Lakewood Diner on Lakewood Avenue, S/W, right off the Langford Freeway. From downtown, take I-75/85 to Langford, head west, and it's the first exit, up on the hill behind the library and the Wachovia bank.
    There's even a "Breakfast In Atlanta" thread on here somewhere: I contributed quite a few places.
    Now let's hear some more favorite mom-and-pop breakfast stops, especially those that include some regional or local specialty.
    Momentarily Mushlessly, Ort. Carlton in Again-Rainy Athens, Georgia.

carlton pierre

• Total Posts: 2500
      RE: Excellent Place for Breakfast Sun, 06/26/05 6:51 AM (permalink)
      A couple of breakfast places in Knoxville, but the closest thing to any "regional" specialty might be grits or biscuits and gravy. The Amber House has 2 locations on Broadway/Maynardville Hwy and pretty good std fare breakfast. Also, Jefferson Drug Store in Oak Ridge is an excellent breakfast place, but just std. fare stuff.

jeepguy

• Total Posts: 1555
        RE: Excellent Place for Breakfast Sun, 06/26/05 7:13 AM (permalink)
        Here in the NW burbs of Chicago 99% of all breakfast places are owned by Greeks resulting in pretty much the same menu at each. Kinda like Chinese take-out. Good food anyway.

carlton pierre

• Total Posts: 2500
          RE: Excellent Place for Breakfast Sun, 06/26/05 2:57 PM (permalink)
          There is,or was, a great little place just south of Knoxville, in Seymour, on the way to the Smokies. On the right side right after you get to Seymour. Convenience store that made their own donuts and a great meat & three kind of place. It's changed hands a few times in the last year or two so I'mnot sure if it's still doing the same kind of thing. On weekend nights they had live bluegrass bands.
          This place used to be called Collins Convenience, but not sure if it has the same name now.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages
            • Locked w/o New Messages
            • Read Message
            • Post New Thread
            • Reply to message
            • Post New Poll
            • Submit Vote
            • Post reward post
            • Delete my own posts
            • Delete my own threads
            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com