The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

15-pound Belly Buster Burger

jevmass

• Total Posts: 34
15-pound Belly Buster Burger Tue, 05/3/05 3:25 AM (permalink)
Pa. eatery ups the ante in burger war with 15-pound Belly Buster
The Associated Press

CLEARFIELD, Pa. - The burger war is growing. Literally.

Denny's Beer Barrel Pub, which lost its crown as the home of the world's biggest burger earlier this year, is now offering a new burger that weighs a whopping 15 pounds.

Dubbed the Beer Barrel Belly Buster, the burger comes with 10.5 pounds of ground beef, 25 slices of cheese, a head of lettuce, three tomatoes, two onions, a cup-and-a-half each of mayonnaise, relish, ketchup, mustard and banana peppers - and a bun.

It costs $30.

"It can feed a family of 10," said Denny Liegey Sr., the restaurant's owner.

Denny's Beer Barrel Pub had offered a 6-pound burger - with 5 pounds of toppings.

In February, a 100-pound female college student became the first to eat the burger within the three-hour time limit. Kate Stelnick, of Princeton, N.J., was awarded a special certificate, a T-shirt and other prizes and Leigey picked up the $23.95 tab for the burger.

One month later, the Clinton Station Diner in Clinton, N.J., introduced a 12.5-pound burger dubbed Zeus.

So Liegey responded, and the Belly Buster was born.

Over the weekend, four men took the challenge, but couldn't get through the entire burger. They opted for doggie bags, instead.

"It's a little too much for me to handle," said Steve Hepburn, of Clearfield. "It's like trying to eat half a cow."

Bill B.

• Total Posts: 322
    RE: 15-pound Belly Buster Burger Tue, 05/3/05 10:58 AM (permalink)
    I'll alert Hardee's.

Stephen Rushmore Jr.

RE: 15-pound Belly Buster Burger Tue, 05/3/05 11:13 AM (permalink)
      $2/pound for a dressed burger - that sounds like a pretty good deal. You can't buy decent ground meat in Boston supermarkets for < $3/pound.

Bill B.

• Total Posts: 322
        RE: 15-pound Belly Buster Burger Tue, 05/3/05 12:30 PM (permalink)
        The operative word there is "decent"...

Sundancer7

RE: 15-pound Belly Buster Burger Tue, 05/3/05 1:21 PM (permalink)
          The Sundancer has a hard time woofing down a 2/3 lb burger from hardees. As a matter of fact I have never been able to do it. I always have about a third of it left over which I donate to my Dingo dog. I really have a hard time understanding how anyone could do a burger of this size. I am sure they must have a huge supply of Pepcid.

Paul E. Smith
          Knoxville, TN

dreamzpainter

• Total Posts: 1609
            RE: 15-pound Belly Buster Burger Tue, 05/3/05 2:13 PM (permalink)
            quote:
            Originally posted by Sundancer7

The Sundancer has a hard time woofing down a 2/3 lb burger from hardees. As a matter of fact I have never been able to do it. I always have about a third of it left over which I donate to my Dingo dog. I really have a hard time understanding how anyone could do a burger of this size. I am sure they must have a huge supply of Pepcid.

Paul E. Smith
            Knoxville, TN
            I hear ya!!! I think this place is near Penn State, college kids and a huge burger..... if God isn't a Penn State fan why is the sky blue and white??

6star

• Total Posts: 4388
              RE: 15-pound Belly Buster Burger Tue, 05/3/05 2:13 PM (permalink)
              quote:
              Originally posted by Bill B.

The operative word there is "decent"...

And you also have to remember it is only 10.5 lbs. of ground beef. (A 2 lb. head of lettuce or two onions are less than $1 at retail.)

tamandmik

• Total Posts: 949
                RE: 15-pound Belly Buster Burger Tue, 05/3/05 2:51 PM (permalink)
                quote:

Paul E. Smith
                Knoxville, TN

Have you ever eaten at Fuddruckers? I have eaten their large burger, which is 2/3rds of a pound. It doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me. I think that's the only restaurant I've ever eaten a 2/3rds at, besides this one: http://www.nctc.net/counties/sioux/burgers.htm

shmuelio

• Total Posts: 63
                  RE: 15-pound Belly Buster Burger Mon, 05/9/05 12:49 PM (permalink)
                  For jevmass re big burger see my posting concerning Big Ed's.
                  They have been making a huge party size burgerfor many years. T think they got your fifteen lb burger beat. Also i saw a blip in the news for thw worlds largest in OK State. But the big Eds is a regular offering and 15lb I dont think is any thing new.

saps

• Total Posts: 1553
                    RE: 15-pound Belly Buster Burger Mon, 05/9/05 1:22 PM (permalink)
                    I hear ya!!! I think this place is near Penn State, college kids and a huge burger..... if God isn't a Penn State fan why is the sky blue and white??

i always thought the sky was more of a Carolina Blue than that darker bluish color. On a nice day, anyway.

Wallyum

• Total Posts: 627
                      RE: 15-pound Belly Buster Burger Mon, 05/9/05 11:39 PM (permalink)
                      quote:
                      Originally posted by dreamzpainter

quote:

Paul E. Smith
                      Knoxville, TN

And why has he allowed his older brother to keep coaching them?

Benzee

• Total Posts: 1872
                        RE: 15-pound Belly Buster Burger Sun, 07/31/05 3:26 PM (permalink)
                        Hello all

I wonder if any of the competitive eaters have tried this one .
                        Checking their site , they are pretty much in the middle of nowhere . So sorry Penn St. and Pittsburgh folks , but it may be worth a trip sometime to give this a shot.

Benzee

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                          • No New Messages
                          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                          • Locked w/ New Messages
                          • Locked w/o New Messages
                          • Read Message
                          • Post New Thread
                          • Reply to message
                          • Post New Poll
                          • Submit Vote
                          • Post reward post
                          • Delete my own posts
                          • Delete my own threads
                          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com