Thoughts On Jersey Mike's Subs?

Author
ULVER
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 226
2005/05/05 19:57:47 (permalink)

Thoughts On Jersey Mike's Subs?

Here in Atlanta, I've decided Jersey Mike's Subs, is the best of the bunch. I'd like to hear what you think.

We have basically:
Subway
Blimpie's
Quizno's
All in high numbers

I know of a single Baldino's Giant Jersey Subs, but haven't tried it. There is also a local place of legend: The Sub Base It has been around 25 or more year, in the same dumpy location. And only opened for lunch. I plan to try it again, as it's been years.

Anyway, we now have about a dozen Jersey Mike's, and after trying several locations, I have decided of the major chains, I think they are the clear winner.

Blimpie's have never thrilled me. They seem to close earlier than Subways. I had a tuna melt, that was a horrible, goo-disaster of soggy bread. Haven't been back. Subway seems to do a decent job, though they use "packaged" meats, which doesn't thrill me. Quizno's I tried once, and the the gimmick didn't seem to add much, considering the hype.

I have found Jersey Mike's, to make a bigger sub than most others, at just a bit more dollar. The meats and cheeses are deli-sliced. I think the bread is superior, though they seem to run out of wheat way too much. The best thing is that they happily pile on the veggies, without having to beg. I have found the other chains don't understand the meaning of "heavy" onions! The produce seems a bit fresher, as well. I have found their hot offerings, MUCH better than the other chains. Microwaves at Subway may be fast, but as with their method with the meats, it's inferior in taste to me.

I believe I get a bigger, fresher, true deli-style sub, from Jersey Mike's.

81 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1