The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Food in Florida

CCJPO

• Total Posts: 497
Food in Florida Thu, 05/19/05 6:36 AM (permalink)
We recently returned from a fishing/camping trip in South Florida. We spent our time primarily at Lake Okachobee and in the Everglades. Also managed a bit of deep sea fishing in the Gulf. It is a good thing that everyone else had some luck, as the only real fish I caught was a 35 pound shark, that I snagged. Otherwise we would have starved. We did, well the rest of my family, caught snapper, bass, pompano, catfish, several grouper, and some gar. I was fortunate to be catch some stone crab and some florida lobster (spiny lobster)

The fresh fish was really tasty.

Since I pretty much got skunked, I was designated the one to "catch" the bill when we went out to eat.

Two restaurants stood out for good eats. The best one was "Ernie's" in Fort Lauderdale. I have been going there for 50 years. I had the same thing I always have ( went three times) conch salad, conch chowder and conch fritters, along with a BQ pork sandwich on bimini bread. As good as always. Also ate 2x's at the "Rustic Inn", also in Ft. Lauderdale. They serve garlic crabs, which are to die for, and an excellent grouper sandwich. Pigged out on both of them each time we went.

If anyone goes to Fort Lauderdale these are must stops..

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com