The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Restaurant Menu / Theme

alpenglow

• Total Posts: 2
Restaurant Menu / Theme Mon, 05/23/05 4:40 PM (permalink)
Hi everyone!

I have owned and operated a 25 seat deli / espresso / ice cream shop at a ski resort in Northern, ID for the past 4 years. We are very popular with the local skiiers and most of the tourists. Now we have the opportunity to lease an existing restaurant space in the same village (we figure we might as well else someone else will compete agains us).

Three other businesses failed in this space (or just gave up) because there was no vent hood and you couldn't cook anything...only heat it up...or cook somewhere else and transfer to the restaurant.

We have the opportunity to put a grill and maybe an oven into the space. We have thought about baking our own bread and baked items to transfer to our deli...and have some heat and serve items for hot sandwiches and appetizers.

We would have breakfast cornered since there are no other real breakfast places on the mountain. We plan to do an omelote bar with pancakes (possibly huckelberry pancakes since they are our regional berry) bacon, sausage, toast etc,.

We are having trouble coming up with a menu for lunch. We've thought about burgers...but I'm not sure if that's what skiiers want when there is a cafeteria that serves them.

Since this is a small space we don't want to provide fine dining...more casual but the space has a nice calming mood to it. We will serve draft beer and wine. We thought of an Irish theme offering fish and chips, beer, appetizers. I love BBQ...but I don't know much about if it would work in a small restaurant such as this.

Any ideas for lunch and dinner... an easily adaptable menu that we can trasfer into dinner...and offer a great meal at an affordable price? Our only competition would be a Pizza shop and a $20-$35 a plate restaurant accross the way. We are thinking of more around $8-$10.

Any ideas?

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com