The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Roast Beef North Shore Massachusetts style

salembrewer

• Total Posts: 24
Roast Beef North Shore Massachusetts style Sun, 03/2/03 12:06 PM (permalink)
OK folks, Massachusetts is not known for BBQ, but we do have a regional sandwich to be proud of...the North Shore beef with sauce and mayo. Rare, fresh,thin-sliced top or steamship round piled high on a butter-grilled bun, and slathered with mayo and sweet, tangy "BBQ" sauce. Some people like 'em "three way" (sauce, mayo, american cheese) and some places will offer onion, horseradish, mustard. Harrison's in North Andover (used to be a Riley's in Lawrence , MA back in the 70's and 80's), the one I grew up with, has a "C.O.W." (Cheese-Onion-Works). For me, however, there is only one variation;EXTRA SAUCE, EXTRA MAYO, biggest they offer, preferably on an onion roll. In the Salem area try King's on North St., Supreme's in Danvers square, of course there is always Kelly's original since 1950 on Revere Beach. They are everywhere in the North Shore but hardly anywhere else, although they are similar to "pit beef" in Baltimore, MD area.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com