The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

May2005trip pics-Florida,Savannah,Charleston

DaveM

• Total Posts: 353
May2005trip pics-Florida,Savannah,Charleston Sun, 06/26/05 10:39 AM (permalink)
Sorry for the delay, but here is our summary of our May trip down south:
Flew into Orlando from Boston, with the intention of visiting Seaworld and Kennedy Space Center before heading north to Savannah and Charleston.
Tent camping with a rental car was our trip mode of choice, with a few hotel rooms thrown in between:
[img]http://images.snapfish.com/343%3C9%3C6723232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D924%3D%3B37%3DXROQDF%3E23238%3A3767%3A53ot1lsi[/img]
As we left to pick up our discount tickets, our lunch destination turned out to be Sonny's BBQ, the popular chain in the Southeast.
Being Northerners, Heather and I don't have the quantities of BBQ joints around us to be as picky as others.
We found the "Big Deal" special at $4.99 each plenty satisfying:
[img]http://images.snapfish.com/343%3C9%3C6723232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D924%3D%3B37%3DXROQDF%3E23238%3A376549%3Aot1lsi][/img]
Heather had the pulled pork, I had the sliced brisket, plus a side order of the corn nuggets, and sweet tea for each of us. Total bill was $16, including tip.
Kennedy Space Center was great, but lunch wasn't.
Do not orbit around the Orbit Food Court
[img]http://images.snapfish.com/343%3C9%3C6723232%7Ffp4%3Enu%3D323%3A%3E833%3E%3A46%3EWSNRCG%3D323297%3C74242%3Cnu0mrj[/img]
This Aramark/Delaware North controlled cafeteria served greasy pulled pork and dead,dried french fries to me, and a well done formerly frozen hamburger and more dead fries to Heather to the tune of $26, including drinks.
Nice people, but in 80 plus degree heat, we shouldn't have to teach them how to make an ice coffee, especially with the amount of transplanted Northerners.
SeaWorld had much better food, being run by Anheuser Busch.
We had BBQ chicken dinners, which still ran us $27 for lunch, but at least much more edible and tasty.
Kudos to Kokomo Joe for instructing us to go to Grills, in Port Canaveral for dinner. No pics here, but Heather had a Delmonico steak, while I enjoyed scallops and bacon and conch fritters.
Very tasty and filling.
All with a fine water view.
Our only issue was that we went on a Friday night, and apparantly this is the place to go for drinking and live entertainment. We had cocktails on the deck, but waited 45 minutes for a table for dinner.
The place was packed.
Not really being shrimp eaters, we skipped Dixie Crossroads.
But we would recommend the bagel bakery next door.
I had an excellent sausage,egg, and cheese on a bagel sandwich and ice coffee to start off one of our theme park days.
On to Charleston.....

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com