The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Free Tastings at Coldstone 7/2/2005

garryd451

• Total Posts: 699
Free Tastings at Coldstone 7/2/2005 Wed, 06/29/05 9:08 AM (permalink)
There been a lot of discussions about Coldstone, some people think Coldstone is GREAT! Other people, icluding myself, thinks Coldstone is way overr rated!

For Roadfoodies, who have never taste Coldstone, July 2nd, 2005 is your chance:

http://www.coldstonecreamery.com/secondary/calendar.asp?pk_calendarid=26&link=detail

mar52

• Total Posts: 7599
    RE: Free Tastings at Coldstone 7/2/2005 Wed, 07/20/05 1:47 AM (permalink)
    I had one of Coldstone's newest flavors yesterday.

Wasabi Ginger! Now this was interesting! I had them mix in mini marshmallows. It was quite tasty, but not in the quantity of a scoop. Too much.

I did like the burn!

I can see this flavor being used in ways other than in a bowl or cone.

Just don't ask me what ways!

BT

• Total Posts: 3589
      RE: Free Tastings at Coldstone 7/2/2005 Wed, 07/20/05 4:01 AM (permalink)
      Strange. I checked their web site just to see if there were any in San Francisco because I don't remember seeing any (though I tried their ice cream once in Tucson and it was OK, nothing special). It says there's one "Coming Soon" to a street 1/4 mile from me that runs between 2 giant office buildings, gets almost no foot traffic and has no store fronts that I am aware of. If they are really putting a store there, I can't imagine it won't flop quickly. They also claim to be putting one in the new downtown San Francisco Centre Mall, which will contain Bloomingdale's new west coast flagship store and will supposedly be the largest mall west of the Mississippi (which side of the Mississippi is Mall of America on?), but isn't scheduled to be open until fall of 2006. Anyway, those will be the only 2 in town if they aren't a fantasy, so I guess I won't be getting any wasabi ginger or whatever.

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15062
        • Roadfood Insider
        RE: Free Tastings at Coldstone 7/2/2005 Wed, 07/20/05 7:30 AM (permalink)
        Mall of the America's is on the WEST side of the Mississippi River by a few miles,But we get the idea !!
        So far the comments on various threads have been leaning towards the negative as far as quality and value go for Cold Stone. I was concerned about a 'health' issue when someone mentioned the porus nature of the stone itself when talking of the cleaning-or lack of it- between servings.

bethgrd

• Total Posts: 320
          RE: Free Tastings at Coldstone 7/2/2005 Wed, 07/20/05 8:25 AM (permalink)
          Just don't eat the "cake batter" flavor; there was a recent salmonella outbreak traced to coldstone cake batter flavor. beth

mar52

RE: Free Tastings at Coldstone 7/2/2005 Wed, 07/20/05 10:08 AM (permalink)
            Interesting!

There were paper, handmade and hand written signs all over the Sherman Oaks store saying Cake Batter was not available.

The Coldstone ice cream is not the best, but it's right across the street of my shop.

Convenience over quality!

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17827
              RE: Free Tastings at Coldstone 7/2/2005 Wed, 07/20/05 11:22 AM (permalink)
              Ah, yes, Coldstone Creamery. From a wire report:

Ice cream chain Coldstone Creamery appears to have a salmonella outbreak on its hands. Fourteen people in Washington, Ohio, Oregon and Minnesota got sick after eating cake batter ice cream. The company says it's yanked the flavor off its menu and the FDA is investigating the possible salmonella contamination.

Lee Knowlton, Senior V.P., Coldstone Creamery: "W e are very confident this is related only to our cake batter ice cream, so we can assure our ice cream lovers across the nation that they can continue to come into Coldstone Creamery and enjoy the ultimate ice cream experience and many other ice cream flavors "

The FDA is investigating possible salmonella contamination. Meanwhile, the company says it's working with public health officials and their suppliers to determine the severity and extent of the outbreak.

garryd451

• Total Posts: 699
                RE: Free Tastings at Coldstone 7/2/2005 Wed, 07/20/05 12:18 PM (permalink)
                quote:
                Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

Ah, yes, Coldstone Creamery. From a wire report:

Ice cream chain Coldstone Creamery appears to have a salmonella outbreak on its hands. Fourteen people in Washington, Ohio, Oregon and Minnesota got sick after eating cake batter ice cream. The company says it's yanked the flavor off its menu and the FDA is investigating the possible salmonella contamination.

Lee Knowlton, Senior V.P., Coldstone Creamery: "W e are very confident this is related only to our cake batter ice cream, so we can assure our ice cream lovers across the nation that they can continue to come into Coldstone Creamery and enjoy the ultimate ice cream experience and many other ice cream flavors "

The FDA is investigating possible salmonella contamination. Meanwhile, the company says it's working with public health officials and their suppliers to determine the severity and extent of the outbreak.

Very interesting, for at least 6 years, my sons, which are 13 and 17, when we have cookie dough ice cream or cake batter, has asked "you won't let us eat cookie dough or cake batter, because it is not baked, but You let us eat cookie dough ice cream or cake batter ice cream, you tell us it is ok to eat.
                I have always said oh, it is ok to eat it, because store ice cream is pasteurized.

BOY, WAS I WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fastfood

• Total Posts: 82
                  RE: Free Tastings at Coldstone 7/2/2005 Thu, 07/21/05 12:21 AM (permalink)
                  Coldstone is great I usually buy some strawberry icecream from them and then mix it with the jamocha shake its makes a hell of a treat.

NYNM

• Total Posts: 3037
                    RE: Free Tastings at Coldstone 7/2/2005 Thu, 07/21/05 12:52 AM (permalink)
                    The Cold Stone we went to in Santa Fe, NM a few weeks ago featured a flavor named

Wasabi Ginger!!

Huh? It tasted really wierd....made with wasabi mustard...sickly green color. Franlky, the first 1-2 bites were kitschy and even flavorful....but a full order? (and what for mix-ins? sushi?)

Even one of the Singing Servers made a face when I asked for a taste!

BT

• Total Posts: 3589
                      RE: Free Tastings at Coldstone 7/2/2005 Thu, 07/21/05 1:00 AM (permalink)
                      quote:
                      Originally posted by NYNM

Wasabi Ginger!!

Huh? It tasted really wierd....made with wasabi mustard...sickly green color. Franlky, the first 1-2 bites were kitschy and even flavorful....but a full order? (and what for mix-ins? sushi?)

Actually, Cold Stone themselves have an answer for you. They are featuring

quote:
                      Wasabi Chillâ„¢- Wasabi Ginger Ice Cream with Coconut, Raspberries and Pineapple

NYNM

• Total Posts: 3037
                        RE: Free Tastings at Coldstone 7/2/2005 Thu, 07/21/05 9:20 AM (permalink)
                        Oh, yum.

mar52

RE: Free Tastings at Coldstone 7/2/2005 Thu, 07/21/05 10:39 AM (permalink)
                          I tell you, it was interesting! A full order was way too much and the marshmallows worked perfectly.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                            • No New Messages
                            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                            • Locked w/ New Messages
                            • Locked w/o New Messages
                            • Read Message
                            • Post New Thread
                            • Reply to message
                            • Post New Poll
                            • Submit Vote
                            • Post reward post
                            • Delete my own posts
                            • Delete my own threads
                            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com