whole hog cook out?

Author
chef joe
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 57
2005/06/30 00:02:01 (permalink)

whole hog cook out?

Hey Guys,
Need a lot of help and info on this one ASAP, if you can give any input, it would be gratefully appreciated. I'm out of town for a month on Sunday, on Friday we (my brothrs and I) have a lot of Nam Vets, from our units coming in for the weekend. we arte having a whole Hog Roast on Saturday. We have the hog, he's about 80#s undressed. We had a big brainstorming tonight and here are some thoughts. What we'd like to do, is soak it in a ice & brine solution for 24 hours, then give it a good wash and stuff it with whole chickens, stuffed with Andouille and whole Vidalia's, Celery and Fresh Sage. Baste it with Cider Vinegar, olive oil, mustard seed, celery seed , S&P until it reaches 165 - 170 This is done on a straight charcoal custom grill, no gas, temperture control etc. We are going to water bath in pans on top of the coals, etc., we have the bodies to watch it 24-7 and the adult beverages to go along with standing guard duty. Some of us haven't seen each other from back in the day when we humped the bush, so it should be great. Want to really make this SPECIAL. Any and all info about the best way to do this is so very much appreciated. We want it to be the best. Is this possible to do with the chickens and andouille. Any ideas for rubs, sauces, cooking times, etc., is gratefully appreciated. Thanks- Chef Joe!

16 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1