The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Lee's in San Francisco

BT

• Total Posts: 3589
Lee's in San Francisco Thu, 06/30/05 7:13 PM (permalink)
Lee's is a local chain of lunch only places specializing in inexpensive sandwiches. It has nothing to do with the Panera Bread style pseudo-upscale pretentions. Lee's goal is to feed the masses of Financial District office workers cheaply but well. Some locations have recently added Chinese buffets, salad bars and burrito bars, but the basic Lee's is a long high counter behind which are 10 or so young women (and a few men) making sandwiches. Usually at lunch time there will be a line. When it's your turn, at the call of "next" by one of the sandwich makers, you step up to the counter in front of that person and order from the extensive list of sandwich options (pretty much any kind of sandwich you've ever heard of) which will then be quickly made and handed to you to take to the register at the end of the counter for payment.

Lee's uses surprisingly high quality ingredients. While I was getting my standard tuna salad on white toast today (I think that cost me $4.69), the guy next to me asked for a chicken sandwich. The maker grabbed what looked like a nicely grilled chicken breast, quickly sliced it into several thin slices, and used it to make the sandwich--no chopped/pressed/formed or otherwise processed meats here.

Lee's used to be strictly take-out but, again, some outlets have recently added sidewalk tables or even a few inside where they have room for them (as the New Montgomery St branch where I was today has done).

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com