Best places in Buffalo for wings

Author
Buffalobrown
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 5
2005/07/01 17:00:29 (permalink)

Best places in Buffalo for wings

I am from Buffalo and consider wings one of, if not, my favorite food. The best places to find wings are usually:

1. Almost any old dive bars in Buffalo. Usually, the dirtier the better. Remember, wings are deep fried and you don't need a real clean establishment to make good wings.

Some of my favotites:

- Elmo's - 2349 Millersport Getzville, NY (Amherst)
- Anchor Bar - 1047 Main St. Buffalo (downtown) (the original spot)
- Nine-Eleven Tavern - 11 Bloomfield (South Buffalo) DIVE! but one of the best wing presentations I've ever seen!
- Buffalo Brew Pub - Main and Transit (Williamsville)offers the Buffalo combo - 5 wings and a mini beef on weck.
- Danny's - 3715 Genesee St. (Cheektowaga) near the airport
- Danny's - 4300 Abbott Road (Orchard Park) near the stadium
- Duff's - Millersport and Sheridan (Amherst) very greasy smelling but good wings soaking in Frank's Red Hot and butter (the best sauce for wings!)
- Caputi's - 2351 Sheridan (Tonawanda)
- Gabriel's Gate - 145 Allen (Allentown - Buffalo) good, big wings, but pricey.

There are many, many other great Dive bars for wings

2. Most local pizza chains have decent wings, but they don't seem to be very crunchy, especially if they are delivered. NOTE ** NEVER GET WINGS FROM A NATIONAL CHAIN PIZZERIA OR SUPERMARKET *** ex. Domino's, Pizza Hut. The Buffalo pizza market is also one the best and most competitive in the world. There are only a handful of national pizza chains in Buffalo. Papa John's won't even try to compete. Only 3 Domino's in Buffalo. Good pizzerias for wings:

- Bocce's - 4174 N. Bailey (Amherst), 1614 Transit (Williamsville), Hopkins and Dodge (Williamsville)
- Santora's
- Picasso's
- La Nova's - the BEST BBQ wings (tied) Rhode Island (Buffalo - west side)
- Raymondo's -the BEST BBQ wings (tied) Transit and Roll (East Amherst)
- John and Mary's
- Avenue Pizza
- LaPorta's - Hopkins and Klein (Williamsville)

3. Local sub shops usually have good wings too and great chicken finger subs:
- Hoagie Brothers

*****NOTE- the only dipping suace is real blue cheese dip, don't get fooled by blue cheese dressing it must be dip. And never Ranch!!!!

6 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1