The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Tasti -D-Lite

NYNM

• Total Posts: 3037
Tasti -D-Lite Thu, 07/14/05 12:56 AM (permalink)
I am like so addicted to Tasti-D-Lite, and "alternative" "low-cal" (???) d-sert from NYC. There's shops all over Manhattan, I think it was featured on Sex and the City. Sort of like a frozen custard or yogurt. 4 flavors daily, two of which change everyday (like angel food cake, dulce du leche, german chocoalte cake, cookies and cream, oreos and cream.) All the flavors are curious because none of them have any "add-ins"; they are just chemical flavors. "TDL" tastes real good, very smooth and "clean". Wish I knew how "real" the "low-cal claim is."

Anthropologically speaking, here's how it works: You go in a (usually long) line and ask for a "taste" (small cup). You lick it very slowly while you "think" about what flavor to order (out of 2 choices + vanilla + chocolate). You hold up the line while you "think." You also must be between ages 15-25, female, thin, with your hair pinned up, probably a dance student. It is MANDATORY to have a "taste" and slow down the line, even if you know what flavor you want.

I heard they are opening "TDL" out of NYC, in Florida, and the Hamptons.
Anyone see it? (It is addictive....I even heard the chemicals they use are addictive....)

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com