The 20 Hamburgers You Must Eat Before You Die

Author
The Travelin Man
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3759
2005/07/26 18:08:39 (permalink)

The 20 Hamburgers You Must Eat Before You Die

http://www.gq.com/food-travel/alan-richman/200602/hamburger-death-eat

I like this article. I don't agree with every one, but I like the fact that a magazine for guys takes the time to rank things. Guys need things ranked. It makes for debate -- and mostly, it makes things easy for us to understand. I am pretty sure that is why they do it that way with college basketball teams (they play a championship game, so wouldn't that be the team that is #1 anyway?).

Anyway, Louis Lunch is a burger that is discussed here frequently, but I have never had the opportunity to try. I will have a Peter Luger burger the next time I am in NY (actually a convenient stop for me for lunch). I had heard that their burger excelled, but have not had the chance to try one yet. I am also planning on hitting more of the CA and TX places on my next trips there.

I am a little surprised to see Houston (and Texas, in general) underrepresented in their list. I have always found Houston to be a great city for beef - and burgers, specifically.

One other thing that I thought about this list -- it is not necessarily the 20 best burgers. These are the 20 that the writer thinks that you should eat before you die -- could be because of something unique. I have one for that category, but I need to dig up the name of the place and I will post it.
post edited by The Travelin Man - 2013/05/28 10:41:11

123 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1