The Mayor, Indian Pudding and the Past

Author
Kinfetch
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 7
2005/07/28 15:04:13 (permalink)

The Mayor, Indian Pudding and the Past

In 1996, I got my first computer. As I was learning my way around, I bumped into a place called (as I remember) Junk Food. Being a afficienado of junk food in general(specializing in Yankee Comfort Foods)I jumped right in and had clearly found my niche!

Almost ten years later " /> I was searching for a recipe for a raspberry lime ricky....and my search led me to an old (2003) post here at RoadFood. As always, I read all of the posts on that page, which had quite a thread about ginger ale in New England. It was interesting and took me back to my childhood, a sweet thing.

Well, lo and behold, who do I come across, but Al The Mayor Bowen. In his former life as BowenAJ, he was the first to welcome me to Junk Foods so many years ago. For years, we wrote on a couple of different message boards, John the Hitchhiker being the major subject of our combined literary skills....and to this day, he is on my Buddy List.

I am delighted to be back here...I think I might stay around. I live in Maine, now, and can certainly contribute to any lobster, Moxie, Indian pudding,baked bean and/or hot dog thread!

I DID find my raspberry lime ricky recipe and so, my day is made! I'm a happy girl!

Hi Al. So good to see you again, and in such an exalted position as Moderator. Not a surprise, no indeed, not at all!

Thanks for listening!

Ki

23 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1