The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Some pasta with that?

Scorereader

• Total Posts: 5546
Some pasta with that? Thu, 08/11/05 11:36 AM (permalink)
I got a funny story. Any one ever have a similiar experience?

My mother makes a mean chili. She makes it from scratch and uses her own blend of spices. It's pretty darn good.

My parents were both teachers and had four boys to bring up in the 70's when gas and oil prices were skyrocketing and beef was a premium, even ground chuck.
So my mom, would make her batch of chili and serve it over egg noodles (perfectly cooked, not too soggy).

We LOVED it! It was a kids favorite. Along with pizza night, where we all chipped in to make the pizza (another great story), chili night was a family event.

So, one time, when travelling to Cape Cod, or long island or something, my parents stopped on the road to eat at some restaurant that was famous for its chili. Mind you, this was a planned stop, so us boys were looking forward to this famous chili that many friends and travellers had raved to us.

So all four of us boys ordered a bowl and out it came...
We were very upset.
There were no noodles.
Just a bowl of chili.
Meat, beans, tomato, peppers, spices...all the things you'd expect to find in a good chili, but there were no damn noodles!
Where were the noodles?

Us boys, were disappointed to say the least. We had been so looking forward to this famous chili, and they didn't even give us any noodles. Humph!
Well, the four of us are all grown, married, etc., and we know that chili isn't served with noodles in the rest of the world, in fact, my mother no longer serves her chili over noodles.
But I have to say, occasionally, I will order chili with a side of noodles. (don't mock me when you see me do it)

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com