Chicken ,rib,and seafood takeout and delivery

Author
festivalfood
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 168
2005/08/14 13:14:57 (permalink)

Chicken ,rib,and seafood takeout and delivery

Do you think with todays society starting to eat healthier that fried chicken and bbq rib takeout and delivery,of course with great tasting fresh made food is still a viable business .The reason I ask this is I have been tossing the idea around in my head,and have been thinking about selling off all our equipment that is in storage(enough equipment to open atleast 2 fully equipped restaurants,Henny Penny pressure fryers,smokers,chargrills,holding cabinets,hoods,walkins etc,etc.)We owned such a place,and were pretty successful with it,and sold it due to the 2 hour commute each way everyday,after running a restaurant 15 hours a day.That was about 6 years ago,and since then I have been buying equipment to open another one but have gotten side tracked with 2 other non food businesses that I am involved in.I hate the idea of selling off our equipment,it took me a long time to buy it,and searched all over the country to find it.I just feel I have too many things to juggle now,and not sure if the Chicken Delight/ Chicken Galore type of place has past its prime.We loved running the place that we sold,and were so busy on Fridays and Saturdays that we sometimes almost could not handle it.We were loved in the town too,and a lot of people were upset that we sold it because they loved the food,especially having it delivered,and did not want us to sell since we became friends with many people in the town,but the commute was killing us.I was just wondering what everybody's thoughts were.I still think that a place like our old place would do great in many towns across the US if run the right way.Most area's that I know of you can mainly get pizza or chinese delivered,and a Chicken rib,and fried seafood ,10 flavors of wings plus all the side dishes fresh made and delivered would be a welcome change of pace.What do you think?
Jim

10 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1